wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I recently went through my scroll trying to eliminate inbred dragons and i discovered that an apalling number of dragons on my scroll were inbred. Since breeding is manual i realized that a lot of inbreeding must be purposeful and wondered what the average player thought of inbreds.

If i find i picked on up i usually will abandon it again or get my vamps to bite it rendering it infertile. I dont breed the ones i have and make sure that breeding of any of my dragons wont produce any unless i am doing it for a linage which i havent gotten around to doing yet.

I do a variety of things depending on the dragon. A rare I might freeze, or just not breed. I might also gift to someone who specifically collects inbreds, or bite them, since the bite doesn't transfer lineage. Sometimes I just drop them back to the AP.

I am avidly against inbreds and unless they have a bsa or are really rare i release themzzz9pr freeze them if i catch it early)

Edited by wildwindflower

I don't care if a dragon is inbred or not - a dragon is a dragon. I collect them, breed them, raise them etc. When I freeze, it can be a CB just as well as a bred dragon, what matters to me is what I need to finish the collection.

It depends on what kind of dragon it is. Often, if it's rare, I'll keep it or freeze it, especially the silvers. Some of them just get dropped back to the AP. I personally love all the inbreds on my scroll.

I think more inbreeding is accidental than purposeful, IMO. I don't inbreed on purpose unless both dragons I'm breeding are inbred, then I just breed them together, so that i don't breed an inbred with a dragon that's not inbred.

I don't see what the big deal about them is. Big lineage? Whoop-de-doo.

big lineages matter more if you join lineage projects

the idea of inbreeding is gross to me king tut wouldn't have died if it wasn't the egyption custom (random)

I completely agree with you wildwindflower happy.gif except it doesn't really gross me out its just kinda weird.

I don't really care for inbreeding. Therefor I abandon any inbred dragons I come across.

The only time ill keep an inbred is if it has a useful BSA or I need a frozen hatchie for my collection.

Edited by BlazingAces

big lineages matter more if you join lineage projects

the idea of inbreeding is gross to me king tut wouldn't have died if it wasn't the egyption custom (random)

Not all people join lineage projects.

Inbreeding dragons in this game doesn't actually do anything other than cause a dragon to show up in a lineage multiple times.

My opinion, just the way I play the game, I abandon anything inbred or use it for vampire fodder to convert it to something more wanted (at least by me) another vampire (if it works).

I collect Black dragons, it doesn't matter if one of those is inbred or not I still keep it

after I missed a pb second gen on Ap a few weeks ago I've been reflex clicking them all the same, and 80% of the time I'm fast enough to snag them

I'm always happy when I find a dragon with a huge lineage, but when the inbred checker finds inbreeding I'm disappointed. Partly because of the icky factor (even though it doesn't matter) but mostly because it means there are fewer individual dragons in the lineage, i.e. the lineage is actually smaller than it looks (kind of like a sham package xd.png ).

Usually I'll toss an inbred egg back (except if it's something rare) because it gets bothersome to check for inbreeding every time I want to breed an egg. But if I want to bite an egg I might even look specifically for an inbred egg no one else wants, or breed my inbred dragons (they need love too, right? wink.gif ).

I dislike "messy" inbreeding, where it resulted from pure carelessness, in the same way that I prefer a neat Even-gen to a disordered long lineage. I don't like it when it looks like someone just opened the Breeding page and started clicking random dragons.

Intentional even-gen inbreeding projects, on the other hand, I can appreciate (and have plans for one myself). Example of "good" inbreeding

Edited by TPishek

I don't care if a dragon is inbred or not - a dragon is a dragon. I collect them, breed them, raise them etc. When I freeze, it can be a CB just as well as a bred dragon, what matters to me is what I need to finish the collection.

*high fives* Word. I completely agree. Who cares about their lineage? A dragon is a dragon (no matter how small. tongue.gif).

I usually get rid of it. I tend to bit them to end the lineage unless it has a BSA I need, then i give it a horrifically stupid name once it hatches. (prevents me from breeding it accidentally)

I've been here a great many months now, and it has made me sad to see the tide of public opinion turn against inbreeding. . . I can see why people might not want to do it in real life, but it's not going to hurt the dragon the way it hurt the ancient Egyptians. And I've never seen the ick factor as a valid reason for anything. In my country, gays cannot serve in the military (can't even marry in manys states) because others see it as icky.

If inbreeding made a dragon grew up slower, or have a random chance of dying, or inherently infertile, I might think differently. But the game mechanics for inbred dragons and other lineaged ones and CB ones are all the same. I have no reason to dislike them, and they are the same as any other dragon to me.

(By the way, I know a lot of people will freeze inbred hatchlings, or else release them to the wilderness. You are all free to do whatever you wish with the dragons you catch, of course. But I would appreciate if you just abandoned inbred hatchlings back to the AP. I've often been envious to find that the hatchling I wasn't fast enough to click got released right away, or something. Just, there are players out there who would love to have them, even if you don't want them!)

I'm terrified of releasing my inbred offspring into the AP, because someone will grow it to the hatchling stage, freeze it and then release it. I hate beyond all else seeing nameless offspring for my dragons. Better to kill the dragon than to release it.

Whenever I find an Inbred egg (be it my own or not), I use one of my vampires and bite it. Vampires have value and my inbred vampire offspring get names.

*shrug* I wouldn't intentionally create an inbred line (I know they aren't real, but there's a squick factor there) but I wouldn't get rid of an inbred dragon, either. Inbred dragons need love too, and I'm happy to take in unwanted inbreds. In fact, in some cases I prefer them -- better they find a nice home on my scroll than bounce around unwanted or worse. The nice lineaged dragons will find good homes, but the inbreds turn into vamp fodder.

I currently have two (that I know of) -- a two-headed adult and a red hatchling, the latter of which was a gift from someone who knew I would give it a good home. happy.gif

Inbred dragons don't bother me at all, though I don't really go about doing it intentionally. They all come out the same way. I mean, it's not like I'd get a dragon with a fifth leg, or anything (though that would be cool). As much as I hate to say it, they're just pixels.

Now, that being said, I hate freezing my dragons (only froze one in my 2 years), and I hate killing a live dragon. So I'm not completely heartless.

Edited by Starscream64

I chose Other.

When I am looking for CB commons in the AP, I drop the inbreds/lineaged eggs. I won't keep inbred rares either.

Occasionally, I will bite them and release the successful bites. I have, in the past, hatched them and frozen them.

Once I have completed my scroll goals, I will collect eggs, whether inbred or not, and either raise them for an army or freeze them. I like hatchling sprites. smile.gif

I have a few inbred dragons, and have actually sought an inbred mate for them. I have bred them in the past. I no longer breed except for certain lineages. I will, on rare occasions, breed my inbred split pair since those are not very common.

I consider inbreds not only disgusting but disappointing. i feel sudden distaste when i pick up and egg that looks wonderful and it's inbred. if i pick up or accidently breed an inbred egg i make sure they have no chance of breeding. I either freeze, bite, or let grow up and release them.My opinion is the less inbred dragons on dragon cave that breed the purer and happier our dragon population will be