Thorn

Let's hear about all your little inbred darlings..

While I don't purposefully inbreed my dragons, I have several dragons on my scroll who are inbred. And as I was zooming around this forum, I had an idea: why not create a board for talking about dragons that happen to be inbred?

So far, there is no board for this purpose, and few lineages accept inbred dragons (unless they are lineages that want you to inbreed your dragons further). So I think that these dragons need something of their own. Here it is!

For a start, I'll talk about my dragons:

My second ever dragon, Quarec Carlyle, has a mother who also happens to be his grandmother, and a father who therefore is his half brother. He is an ocredrake, and his surname comes from that of his ancestors. He has a daughter called Xiaobaozi.

My third dragon, Gyshling Yax, is a green dragon. He is the main dragon I've used for breeding (along with his mate, Salaesha). The last part of his name is Mayan, because a lot of his ancestors had Mayan names.

Then there's Phantomn, my gorgeous little daydream dragon. Phantomn is a female and (since I make up personalities for a lot of my dragons, as I plan to write descriptions) sweet and quiet. Her parents are a female daydream and male hellfire wyvern.

I have more, but I'll talk about them if the board takes off. Right now, I want to hear about your unfortunately inbred dragons!

Edited by Thorn

Only one of my dragons happens to have inbred relatives (so far), but I adore him all the same. He was also abandoned for not being a metallic egg, so this guy was in double trouble before he even hatched! Really provided an interesting backstory though-- complete with psychological trauma and a happy ending. Buzzard is his name, and he's a white Stripe :P

I feel bad for all those inbred blacks and stuff floating around the AP. I don't go out of my way to get inbred dragons, but they need some lovin' too. D'aww.

I don't go out of my way to get them, either, but I still love the ones that I do have. ^^

And I found an inbred black Dorkface a while back. But it was sadly lost when I tried to transfer it to my brother...

I accidentally inbred my own dragons once. The resulting hatchling has been kept on my scroll.

I feel kind of bad about that.

Buzzard is so cute! =D

I think stripes are beautiful. I don't have one yet, though.

And yes. They need to be loved, too.

*huggles Gyshling*

My first metallic Faovrin was an inbred and I would never get rid of him. Other than metallics I don't really like inbreds on my scroll. Except symmetrical inbreeding, it can be beautiful. *Hugs her newest bred egg* http://dragcave.net/lineage/lnkv I love this egg's lineage.

That lineage does indeed look beautiful!

But I would still never inbreed a dragon myself (on purpose, at least). The thought of it is just...icky.

I know they're not real, but still.

That's why I have no trouble breeding my inbred dragons with those that aren't related to them, but not with those that are.

My newest egg (http://dragcave.net/view/Ma4e) is a purebred two headed dragon. I couldn't believe my luck when I picked up this little beauty!

Aren't all split dragons pretty much purebred? Since splits can only breed with other splits.

Anyways, I know every single inbred on my scroll. First I have Venus Natchsnap Thuwed, an inbred Thuwed vine. Next is Kallek, my regrettably inbred frill who also happens to be my only frill - I didn't know/care about inbreeding back then, so naturally I'm berating myself over that now, blargh. My only gold, Kharismatique, is inbred, and so is my magma and first silver: Wahine'ai Honua and Styrling, respectively. I froze an inbred ER mint found off the AP, Wheelde; I have an inbred Red, Famaar; and an ER summer seasonal from the AP that I'm planning to try out zombifying on, Witherwing Summer. [/ramble]

I really don't mind inbreds and I'm fine with them on my scroll as long as I don't plan to breed them (freezing works great), which kinda sucks for my inbred metallics.

Aren't all split dragons pretty much purebred? Since splits can only breed with other splits.

Anyways, I know every single inbred on my scroll. First I have Venus Natchsnap Thuwed, an inbred Thuwed vine. Next is Kallek, my regrettably inbred frill who also happens to be my only frill - I didn't know/care about inbreeding back then, so naturally I'm berating myself over that now, blargh. My only gold, Kharismatique, is inbred, and so is my magma and first silver: Wahine'ai Honua and Styrling, respectively. I froze an inbred ER mint found off the AP, Wheelde; I have an inbred Red, Famaar; and an ER summer seasonal from the AP that I'm planning to try out zombifying on, Witherwing Summer. [/ramble]

I really don't mind inbreds and I'm fine with them on my scroll as long as I don't plan to breed them (freezing works great), which kinda sucks for my inbred metallics.

There are some glitches, wild dragons breeding I think, that can cause split dragons to breed with non splits.

I can't even begin to list my inbreds. I have SO many. I'm currently working on a couple sekrit inbred projects.

>.>

<.<

There are some glitches, wild dragons breeding I think, that can cause split dragons to breed with non splits.

I know that, but they're exceptions >3< I'm pretty sure I recall reading about a silver and a split offspring, which is weird.

Inbred projects are cool, but I share the OP's views on that forcing a bunch of pixels to reoccur in a lineage page (pretty much what inbreeding is) makes me feel icky. It's awesome staring at all the symmetrical-ness, though. *may or may not be stalking the Inbred Even Gens thread in the Breeding subforum* .___.

Oh, right.

*feels silly*

Well, yeah. I kinda forgot about that, but no biggie.

I breed some of my inbred dragons. I'm currently trying to find a mate for dear Phantomn. ^^

Do you mean inbred as in encouraging inbreeding, Kiffren...or inbred as in accepting inbreds into the lineage? =D

Because I would love to join a lineage that encompasses the latter.

Oh, right. Super secret.

*nod nod*

My lips are sealed.

I have 2 which are encouraging inbreeding, but aren't join-able as they are entirely on my scroll.

I'm of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with inbred dragons. I shoot for either really nice lineaged/cb dragons, or I don't care at all about the lineage.

Oh, right.

I care about the lineage sometimes. Like, I wouldn't want to abandon my current dorsal hatchling, because someone who doesn't like severely inbred dragons might kill it.

And, also, it's the product of the only time I'll ever breed The General Electric. ^^

I don't mind inbreeding myself. There is a lot of it on my scroll - a good third of my dragons are accidentally or off-scroll inbred. Inbreeding doesn't bother me in the slightest in any sense, which I can see makes me a little bit of an outlier.

However, as of late I've taken careful record and interest as to my CBs and such, because I want to breed eggs that other people will like. I like dropping uncommon eggs onto the AP and watching them disappear like lightning. And because so many people have issues with having inbred dragons on their scrolls, I take careful concern to make sure I'm not breeding, for instead, inbred Autumns or Splits or Geodes.

I don't purposefully inbreed, but I do think the linages that can be gained from them are completely confused and if done right, awesome.

A few of my dragons are inbred; Fimus for one and the rest of his huge family (Including most of my Golds, Geodes and Dorsals). There is also Serrate, my first Alternate black, gifted to me. She is rather inbred, so that probably on only reason I got her.

There are probably more, but it gets hard to remember linages after that. Miniatus, my second pebble is inbred and I might have accidently inbred some silvers, but usually I don't care if an egg from the AP is inbred of not, I probably wont remember anyway.

That, and my Vampires are nomming on everything coming into my scroll.

I have lots of inbred dragons, and still breed them, especially for me. Because, really, who cares about inbreeding when you have a summer with a split grand-grandmother?

However, I try to find long but clean lineaged mates for them.

I have quite a few inbreds, and I often take little unwanted inbred eggies under my wing. When I was new to DC, I struggled with raising eggs and left for months, When I returned, I discovered one of my eggs had survived. My inbred black dragon, Ra'eo. Because of him, I've developed a fondness for blacks, and I'm always willing to take in blacks.

I don't breed my inbreds if I can help it, so Ra'eo sadly has no mate, because I also don't breed black dragons. Another beloved inbred I own is Karstaag, my Ice.

I don't mind inbreeding - a lot of my 1250+ dragons are inbred. I think this is the most inbred I've got http://dragcave.net/lineage/bX9U - It has around 250 common ancestors (I haven't counted, that's just an estimate).

I have some accidental inbred dragons I wouldn't part with for the world. By accidental I mean that the inbreeding doesn't seen to follow any pattern. I don't breed them unless they are requested though.

My inbred White, Asculapius has a description even. Though I have a soft spot for him because he was my first White.

Edited by Wiz

My alt black male, I Enjoy Attacking.

My white female stripe.

My water male, Blue Water Dragon Prince.

My female goldfish, Goutte.

There's some and I have plenty of high-lineaged dragons which surely have inbreeding in their lineage. I try not to breed them because people tend to kill inbred dragons.

But they are as valuable as other my dragons and I won't ever kill them ♥

Some of my Golds are inbred, and some of my alt blacks( which I will release when I get replacements )

One gold has one instance of even gen inbreeding wayyyy back I actually think it's kinda pretty.

I also have a even gen inbred stripe, sadly the owner is MIA so there is no way for me to continue the line, I might just try making my own,if I ever run out of other projects or we get more egg slots!

I also have red and pink inbreds - kept for their BSA some dorkfaces and a few silvers

the only inbreds I re -breed are the golds

If I get AP inbreds and have room I "bite" usually I just re- abandon

I'd accept inbred ones with pretty lineages. For the long-lineaged ones, I just re-abandone them. I don't like biting nor killing them.

I have a few metallics which are inbred ones. I breed them as I'm trying to get metals for others (lol although they seldom produce shiny eggs).

Before I started looking at lineages, I caught an inbred Black dragon and a (non-inbred) mate for him who I never bred because I found out about the inbreeding in time. There are a few inbred dragons I breed though; my Magma and Ice dragons and my inbred Stripes (which I breed when I want an egg for myself or know someone who wants a specific colour and doesn't care about lineage). Sometimes I breed my inbred dragons or keep an inbred egg when I want an egg for biting.

Dustpuppy- I like your profile picture. ^^

I use some of mine for breeding, too (namely; my green and my ocredrake).

Just not the really extremely inbred ones, save for that one case with The General Electric. But I'm keeping her egg on my scroll, anyway.

Kwan- At least you don't kill them. It saddens me when people do that.

Dragonpuck- Way, way back? If I may be so daring to suggest, I suspect even a lot of humans are inbred way, way back.

Or the subject of "unintentional" inbreeding. xd.png

Bamboomonkey- That makes me happy. =)

I have a few high lineaged inbreds. If I ever breed them, their offspring will either be released or kept on my scroll.

But no killing. Nonono. I is very much against killing!

Wiz- I submitted a description for Quarec over a month ago. It has yet to be accepted. xd.png

I like your dragon's name. My whites are called Moravio Tirablanco Dorkface and Arulia Whitewing.

Starbit- So far, I've never had an egg or hatchling die on me. Touch wood.

Nice names, though.

Disgrace- Oh, those naughty little vampires!

*shakes head*

One of my dragons' son is a vampire. I don't have one yet, though.

I think most of my inbred dragons are either Dorkfaces or Thuweds. I know that my first dragon in each of those lineages was inbred. I do not breed them unless someone requests them and is ok with the inbreeding. But I love them just the same!

I am getting ready to start an inbred even gen line with balloons and albinos. I have never deliberately inbred dragons to that degree before, but it does not bother me. I will keep all the offspring on my own scroll.

Edited by purplehaze

I have a few inbred dragons, mostly my first few AP catches and their children (before I looked at lineages). My first two whites, waters, greys, stones, skywings (one of which was zombified last halloween), and my first magi and guardian. I don't even know about my pinks, I stopped checking. I have one red which was majorly intentionally inbred, the Don't Play With Fire line if anyone remembers it...but his parents are deceased now :\

I have one whiptail I accidentally inbred...I bred a whiptail to my inbred grey, and then accidentally bred the resulting grey to his mother ;>.>

Other than that, I do have my pride and joy, my even inbred white x ice line. His (hopefully) sister is an egg on my scroll right now, can't wait to make 5th gens! biggrin.gif

I have a few inbreds, but i don't feel like naming them all. But, i do have a pink Dorkface dragon, which is inbred. (Badly inbred, i think.) And i'm mad about that cause i would feel bad if i bred him. sad.gif