Qwackie

How much trash is on your desk?

Not much, really...a coffee cup, some papers, a pen...now my oldest son's desk is another story. His is trashed! >.<

Monitor, mouse, speakers, printer and keyboard (though i tend to hold it on my lap more) to get the technical and actual useful stuff out of the way. Now:

*photo frame

*my mouse pad holds a bloc note, the book I'm currently reading, my TV remote and a cat plushie

*several small figurines I found in chocolate eggs

*a chocolate egg

*gum

*more candy

*two USB drives

*an origami butterfly

*random piece of paper

*my iPod

*a picture of me and my friends

*a plastic box with pens, tissues and spare batteries

*two pen cases

(Half of all the pens I have don't even work)

*a small perfume bottle

*three jewelery boxes filled with random stuff

*a small notebook

*a little plastic Christmas tree that I decorate during Christmas and use as a bracelet holder the rest of the year. (currently he's housing 15 bracelets and four elastics for my hair)

Aside from the obvious (computer and related equipment) not a whole lot. A mason jar that has Obama change written in black sharpie (where I keep my change...derp), a bag of dried apple chips that I munch on for snacks, a pad of paper and a pen cup full of pens. Actuall trash get taken to...the trash can. wink.gif

Three water bottles, ninja ducky, two bags of chips, five coke cans, dragon figurine, a few CDs, a few books, pocky wrappers, seaweed jerky wrappers, gummybear container, paper, and a cup.

Nothing really "trash"

I keep it fairly clean. Other than I tend to get a lot of mail stacked up, homework assignments, and just paper everywhere.

Most stuff generally makes it to my trash can.

Lessee...

2 packs of 5 gum...

A spoon...

A pin that says 'Reading is Sexy'...

Debit Card...

Tamagotchi....

Card from mother whom is in prison....

Library card...

a straw....

Post it notes.....

Many papers....

16 MB memory card for XBox 360...

A disc or two...

A remote....

Paper Plate...

A fork....

And I think that's it.

Yes, my comp. desk is VERY messy...I'll clean it soon.

A pair of sunglasses,

MP4 charger,

Keys,

A pack of gum,

Three mints,

Candy bars,

8 paper ninja stars,

Toner cartridge,

MP4 box,

Notebook,

Valubles box,

Watch,

2 Clips,

Lamp,

Water bottle,

Harry Potter listening tapes,

Paper,

Phone,

Clipboard,

Pencils,

And a teddybear. With balloons attached to it.

Well, there was a bunch of unwanted university prospectuses on it this morning, but I chucked them all in the blue bin about an hour ago. At the minute, my desk is covered in this:

- A scrap of paper with fiction ideas on it

- A couple of packs of corkboard pins

- Various pens, pencils, and pieces of paper for testing the pens on

- Sticky labels for folders

- Assorted notebooks

- Various reference books for creative writing and for my extended project

- A whole ton of books on recommended reading for English Lit

- A whole ton of books I bought that won't fit on my bookshelf

- A whole ton of books I borrowed from the library (spotting a theme here? tongue.gif)

- Rail tickets for October, railcard and train connection times.

- A pair of black fingerless gloves

- Firefly DVD box set

- SanDisk player and charger cord

- A nail file

- A water spray

- A paper fan which for some reason smells of jasmine flowers o_O

Okay, so it's mostly not trash... it's still cluttering my desk though. I should probably find some space outside of the study for it.

My dad's computer desk has tons of paper on it, and my desk has about 50 books in piles on it.

Whoo! My desk resembles a trash truck - it just swallows everything and nothing resurfaces until I do my monthly cleaning which is not due for another...two days. Here's what I suspect lies inside there:

- Juice cartons

- A gazillion black pens - I keep losing them lol

- Five story books

- A physics text book

- Four exam papers

- A piano manuscript book

- Some coins

- A couple of uni information booklets

- Three folders

- Two dvds

- Three headphones - I keep losing them as well so I own around six

- Two calligraphy pen nibs

- A stapler

- Four or five thumb drives - yet another thing I continually lose in the mess

And here's what I can actually see:

- Pile of papers with books poking out

- One thermos

- Two water bottles

- Three mini periodic tables

- A resealable baggie with a spoon in it O.o I'd better get that washed

- A plastic container - gotta wash too

- Two lip balms

- The laptop

- Glowsticks that no longer glow

- Numerous hair scrunchies.. etc

Ehehehe. My mess threshold is pretty high.

Uuuuuh... scrap pieces of paper? >_> I have a bunch of stuff I need to organize on it, but not really junk. But that might be because I'm a hoarder.

I keep my space very organized apparently.

The space where my monitor is has a stone coaster...one drink at a time allowed...a photograph and dragon sculpture. Two shelves on either side of the monitor hold the speakers. There is a small brass dragon sculpture, it's wings flared and folded forward to create a lampshade for the focused light on the keyboard. Verry hard to type in the dark on a black keyboard for me.

That space is sandwiched between two five shelve bookcase areas, filled with books, photos, candles, and more sculptures. Above the monitor and between the bookcase shelves is a lighted curio cabinet filled with my dragon collection.

Across the top of the cabinet is another collection of books, dragon sculptures, and a wicked curved and serrated knife...above my head as it turns out...which apparently reminds me NOT to bump the desk too hard!

One notebook sits on the desk to the left, where I write down notes on research or breeding requests. Anything I need to remember is there.

In my house, everything needs to be organized or I can't relax and have fun because I'm constantly mentally nagging myself that other stuff needs doing.

And yes, my desk gets dusted and polished twice a week.

Can we say prior military career? smile.gif

My desk:

Computer stuff: monitor, keyboard, speakers, tablet, mouse, pen, old unusable mouse.

Other stuff: some cosmetics, a small table mirror, a box that contains nail care stuff, 2 bracelets, my hair brush, a cup with some flowers in it, pens all over my desk, a dictionary, a plastic tiara on it, a small empty fishfood box, a pile o' books, notebooks and papers that also contains my old comics, some CDs, my memory stick, a Sims EP, a pair of sunglasses, my boobs.

Usually, you can also see up to 3 empty glasses that I had juice from/or cups that I've been too lazy to bring back to the kitchen, let alone wash them.

Edited by earthgirl

The computer, monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, internet thingy, and coaster. On top of the monitor there's a little plastic monkey and a pink and black foam die.

Edited by Icepelt

http://oi53.tinypic.com/2ry526s.jpg

My actual art desk. I win biggest pile of junk.

There used to be a computer, but it broke. Some of my sculptures are also falling apart a bit due to me neglecting them. The soda cans are all empty.

Edited by wolfclaw

There used to be a computer, but it broke. Some of my sculptures are also falling apart a bit due to me neglecting them. The soda cans are all empty.

Dear God that's a load of crap. All that Mtn. Dew. e__e

I just cleaned mine off, from 7 coke cans, 3 plates with hot pocket wrappers, all my cd's, moniter, etc, to nothing but my moniter and a coke can. .__.

How do you live with that...?Not only is it clutter but it attracts bugs.

I have no trash, I cannot stand any dirty bowls or empty anything in the house at all. The second something is empty it either goes in the trash or the sink. I also have desk decorations because I have room for them since I don't clutter up the desk...art tables...not so much. I'm constantly cleaning them up but as soon as I work on something there junk everywhere again.

@ToasterAtheism: You should really learn to clean up after yourself and not let your mother do it all.

How do you live with that...?Not only is it clutter but it attracts bugs.

It's only on my art desk the rest of my house is clean, more or less. The cans are all empty and washed out with water so they do not attract any bugs.

Hmmm.....

Card from my mom.

A couple of CD's .

A sweet n' low packet.

My debit card... I need to hide this thing...

Calculator.

Mutiple papers.

A pencil.

The latest issue of Nintendo Power.

A tamagotchie

5 Gum packets.

Wi-fi router.

Incense burner.

Wallet that I don't use any more.

XBox 360 Memory card.

4 Cans of Coke Zero, stacked, naturally.

8 Dollars.

A cup of coffee, a glass with a few drops of coke in the bottom, a thermos full of already cold water, mate (a traditional drink) from yesterday, my headphones, lots of notes, bus tickets, an old broken mouse, a camera, my cellphone, my mp3 player, a small mirror, a box with lots of pencils, rubbers, pens and markers (most of them are scattered all over the desk) a jar with dirty water and a few brushes in it (I was painting some T-shirts), a huge pile of paper sheets, three speakers, my graphic tablet, two flasks of nail polish, a tower of cds and dvds and, of course, the computer.

I should clean this...