Qwackie

How much trash is on your desk?

Paper, candles, photo frames, occasionally a laptop... But definitely a lot of paper.

Every few months I have to have a clear-out where I sort genuine I-need-that-for-study paper and that's-important sheets from random sheets I have no use of. My recycling bin fills up fast.

I have these on my desk:

-A bunch of cat statues (Not big ones, just small ones)

-The Wolves of the Beyond series

-A lamp

-A few drawings

-A Dialga Stylus

-My 3DS

-A Blue Jay Statue

-A few other books, mostly ones I'm reading

-Other random things...

Desk is nigh uninhabitable, but considering I have no computer right now, I usually just leave crap there

I really do need to clean it.

Waaay too much- I can barely fit anything else on it, not to mention that it's covered in crumbs and spilt drink, it's disgusting. It's like my carpet!

My meds, 3ds, dsi, my phone, a remote, and a bottle of water.

Laptop gets to be with me on the couch *pets it*

I have no desk. If I did, though...

Well, the only clean and organized furniture I have would be the bookshelves because there are so many books that there's no room for messes. Everything else is just a vague mess of "that belongs in this general direction i guess."

So that's a good indication of how my desk would look...

The only "trash" on mine is an Easter basket filled with purple paper grass, a paper icosahedron (from geometry class), a long plastic drawer organizer basket, and a slip of paper with a dragon drawn on it. The inside of my desk is a completely different story.

No trash! I swear! laugh.gif

Only papers that needs to be sorted.. an old wine bottle that severs as candleholder. *^-^*

Surprisingly clean right now, but then again I recently cleaned. Just my phone and a notebook, open to the page with my Mega-Release Scroll Schedule. biggrin.gif

Desk is currently filled with passports, checkbooks, notebooks, crumpled pieces of paper, pens, envelopes, fasteners, folders, my mouse pad, my desktop computer, and whatnot *sigh*

Actual Trash?

Very little. We have a problem with ants, so I have gotten into the habit of being tidy when it comes to wrappers, bottles, and cans.

As for clutter......

I have a lot. Books, paper, flyers, knick-knacks, pencils, origami, mail, mechanical pieces, stylus (you know, pen like objects for most touch-screen devices), calculator, tape measure, ruler, notebooks, binders, old projects, tape, clay, stickers, action figure (funny story), art supplies, cords (chargers and headphones and such), LOTS of magazines, cards, speakers, electronics, empty pill bottles without label, wooden box, cell phone case, christmas ornament, decorations, pencil sharpener, sun glasses, broken rock, batteries, comb and eraser.

Thats about it.

I don't have trash but my desk is generally a mess: papers, pens, some empty pill bottles, magazines, old glasses, eye contacts and their liquid, a brush, a spray for parasites, a couple of fruits, emty plates and glasses, dirt, two flutes, an unfinished pazzle, pens, clothes I wear on when I want to get ready quickly, unwashed underwears when I'm bored to put them in laundry and much more...

Eeep, I'm a little horrified by the amount of food trash some of you keep around. x.x Get up and throw it away, it takes like two seconds. And get a $1 trashcan from Target if you insist on eating at your computer so at least you don't have to wallow in the wrappers/cans.

My desk has a notebook and a pen and my ChapStick sitting on it. I put my trash in the trashcan. tongue.gif

To my credit, I have absolutely no food or food trash on my desk.

Trash? Well, i'm just going to say i can't see my desk aroud it because of all the stacked up nooks and photo frames. There is a piece of yarn next to my hand tongue.gif

Welll.. I have a mass of Transformer figures on my desk.

I wouldn't say I have trash on my desk. Just a lot of fun stuff.

No food or anything like that.

I keep a lot of things on my desk, considering it's right next to my bed and therefore doubles as a night table. XD

I have my phone, wallet, Harry Potter letter opener, my jewelry kit, sleeping pills, tic-tacs, laser pointer to annoy the cat, altoid can that I hide my money in, lighter, sea shell, Germ-X, two notepads because I'm constantly writing things down, a stapler I don't use, one lonely stick of gum, folded up pieces of paper that are drawings a friend gave me, a pencil and three pens, and this little thingamabob that has bubbles in it that my grandma got from Florida. Oh, and my camera, camera battery charger, and a packet of drink mix. And hanging from my lamp is a mask I wore to prom earlier this year.

Usually my desk is twice as cluttered as that, and I like it that way. I feel very secure when I'm surrounded by my personal items. Without them, the space just seems... Empty and uninviting. So I keep my things around me basically to make the space cozy. (:

Not too much actual trash 3 or 4 bags and boxes that need to be taken out, but the piles of papers on my desk and other items that got added to the mix are embarrassing. I have a box filled with a tea set, a scanner which needs a cord for the computer across the room, a chopping board in it's plastic, an oriental soup bowl, 2 boxes for recipes and the papers. That's a lot alot.png of stuff I need to go through, sort out and put in the correct file folders. laugh.gif

Edited by DustyBelle

I don't have a desk, but I really need one laugh.gif

If I did have one, though, it'd probably be very messy. Artist problems.