ShaydraSilversky

Shaydra's Artstuff

thats awesome! (the scales, not the delay)

i understand on the delay, and can't wait to see more of your artsies, they are awesomes.

o_________o

Jeez....you have more patience than I do..... You use a Wacom tablet right?

I'll be getting one o' those for my b-day next friday.

Oh, nice, my b-day isnt until February.

but i want a tablet...

dont have one, for me, its all mouse and eye coordination.

Thanks for understanding guys :3 Hopefully the alt black'll be done in the next two days.

@ Tsuko: Yup, I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet :3 I've been using it for a year now, methinks. What do you use? Glad to hear about your b-day, one of my friends' b-days is today >3<

@ sapphiredragon: Well, my b-day's at the end of January, so we're pretty close :3 Before I had the tablet I did that too, and lemme tell you, being left-handed and using a right-hand mouse can get sooper irritational >A> I convinced my parents I'd get carpal tunnel from continuous awkward gripping of the mouse so they'd get me a tablet.

Well, if you've only ever done traditional art and don't have an art program like SAI, Paint.NET, or Photoshop, then I recommend the camera/scanner first. For some, the tablet can be a tad disorienting at first, since you draw on the tablet but have to look on the screen.

Don't take my word for it though, I'm not good at making decisions like these o3o

It's amazing how you draw all of the scales individually! I totally empathize about having 205897235 tons of homework daily, thanks for drawing despite all that work smile.gif

I do a lot of photography in my free time so maybe I can help with the camera issue. What kind of camera are you looking to get? Do you want a normal "point-and-shoot" kind of camera or do you want a more "pro" kind of camera?

more pro type, the one that kinda focuses on one thing instead of everything at once, i have my eyes on one, at target, but yeah. if you could help me out, that would be great. maybe I'll get a tablet for my birthday and save up for a camera, or get one for christmas or whatever...

You'll laugh....

U__U

I use just a mouse and either GIMP or Paint.NET. Much, much cheaper than buying Photoshop....which I'll probably have the money for on my b-day........ I barely ask for anything and I get expensive stuff on the gift-giving holidays. xd.png Except Hanukkah.

Random tip on Photoshop. If you are in college/university, find out if your school has any kind of deal set up with Adobe. I got a student version of the premium desgin suite (include Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.) for $400.

@ Tsukoyami: Why would I laugh? D: You has skillz if you can produce that pretty art on Paint.NET. I have that, but I don't really want to use it when I'm so familiar with Photoshop. I applaud you :3 You should get a tablet, that would be awesome.

@ Dragonpuff: Wow, thanks for the advice! Although I'm not in college. xd.png And my older sister isn't allowed to spend that much yet.

Arroquinn! Sorry for taking so long with your request! >A< With the alt black done, I shall open another slot for the weekend! Warning, though, it will take me a bit of time (maybe a few days) to finish it. Since I created this topic with the intention of having fun, it must take a backseat to RL, as I'm sure you guys know.

rawrz I are teeny:

user posted image

does this picture make my butt look big:

user posted image

Also, I present to you all a football playing flamingo dragon IN SPACE. It is not happy. Just a random drawing for an idea of a BSA I saw in the subforum named thusly.

user posted image

Oh my goodness gracious. That alt black is luff!! It's so rediculouly detailed that my mind just imploded.

Did you know that you're amazing, Shaydra?

Like, llama awesome.

Username: Infinis

Dragon Species: Silver

Medium: Digital

Other: Hrm. Can you draw him in kind of a cute pose with an alt black female? (I hope that's okay...)

YAY I got a request! :3 Your stuff is so pretty!

REPLIES TROLOLOLOLOL

@ sapph: thankies X3

@ Arroquinn: Aaaaw, danke! Praise me more! 8D *brick'd to death* No really, thankyou, you're making me grin like crazy. AND ZOMGZORZ I HAS REACHED LLAMAVANA.

Slots closed now! That's perfect, Infinis. Are they a couple? :3

Also, llamavana (LAH-muh-VAH-nuh): a state of nirvana associated with llamas and all things pure. Thank you and have a good night.

Slots closed now! That's perfect, Infinis. Are they a couple? :3

Yep. :3 Silver male x alt black female is my favorite dragon pairing. 8D

Done with the sunset, sapphiredragon73 DX I really should've been done with this earlier, but was distracted by the pretty new releases. Also around lunch I was feeling nauseated and dizzy and almost threw up, probably all that cold stringy food my mom made me eat. Blargh. On the bright side, it was finished on 10/10/10 EST 8D

Anyways, the sunset. I experimented a little with the colors n' shading, hopefully it doesn't look like bleh. Originally he was a lot more brighter, but my eyes started tearing up while I was working on him so I toned it down XP Since the wings are covering most of him, he looks sooper thinny and his head's a bit big, sorry! DX I shall try less fail next time.

Dragon tiny:

user posted image

Dragon LARGE:

user posted image

Can't believe it's still the weekends O__o So another slot open, yippee! *dies*

Wow! Your arts amaze me sooo much! I really want to learn how to draw now, I'm trying to figure out Corel and stuff smile.gif Hehe.

And that's definitely a special sunset smile.gif Hope you feel better soon.

Username: roobot

Dragon Species: Holly 0'7

Medium: Doesn't matter, whatever you want.

Other: Nothing smile.gif

Is that okay?