Evangeline

The Keys to the Kingdom

Has anyone read this series. It's really good!

Thoughts? (if you have read it)

I read it recently, and I really enjoyed it smile.gif In the end I had to buy the last book, because it was rented out at the library already.

Isn't the series called 'The Keys to the Kingdom'?

I've read all but the last book, which I have sitting around waiting for me to stop being lazy and read before I have to return it to the library.

Isn't the series called 'The Keys to the Kingdom'?

I've read all but the last book, which I have sitting around waiting for me to stop being lazy and read before I have to return it to the library.

Yep, that's what it's called. I've read the series, and I love it! It's a cool concept with good characters and a well-done plot.

oops I would go back and change it to The keys to the kingdom but I can't. tongue.gif

The last book is the best one! you have to read it! I am going to reread it...

Lord Sunday

It's kinda sad though. cool.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

Oh, I love Garth Nix! I recently read the whole series back to back after only having previously read the first three.

The ending left me a bit speechless. I really love the series so much and it had a great ending. I'm just sad that there are no more. It's like having a good friend leave you.

I love what Art does in the end for Suzie. ^.^

I love what Art does in the end for Suzie. ^.^

Yeah that part is sweet. biggrin.gif

It's kinda sad how "who know who" um how should I put it...deceases rolleyes.gif

he is a good writer. I just read the first book to his seventh tower series.

I liked the books... But now I have to read Lord Sunday... >.>

Anyhow, I should probably reread the Keys to the Kingdom before I read the last one. It's just a refresher so I can remember everything. To the LIBRARY!

I loved them, but in my opinion the last book was a bit... odd.

The idea of a book that's written for young adult readers having the hero make..... those kinds of sacrifices..... is just..... well, it's not something that is done for that particular age group.

The last book (Lord Sunday) is just plain surprising. You don't expect that outcome.

You think that everything will be just the way it was, but...wow...the ending is plain original.

I've read two other of his series (The Seventh Tower and Sabriel/Lirael/Abhorsen) and I own the first one to Keys to the Kingdom. Nix is pretty awesome at creating interesting worlds, so I figure I'll read it fairly soon.

Also. His name is awesome.

Love the books but I hate how slow it was sad.gif

Ilera

The Seventh Tower and Sabriel/Lirael/Abhorsen

All great but the main cariater of The Seventh Tower is way too anoring and the the books are too short.

mange? never heard of this is it good?

I personally thought it dragged a lot. I loved the first book but by the third I gave up. Though the first one was great. >.>;;

It does drag a little, but sticking with the series is worth it. The end is awesome.

I first read them about six years ago and remember being obsessed for a while. Great premise, loved the characters, etc.. then a year ago I tried picking them up again. Couldn't finish one. I think they were a good example of why I don't reread my childhood favorites except The Phantom Tollbooth :3

Edited by kadoatie

Sabriel/Lirael/Abhorsen. I read Keys to the Kingdom too, up to Thursday, but can't remember much about them.

I didn't really care for the keys series, because (potential spoiler) the number one rule that I expect from a fantasy series for that age group is that the hero/heroine always returns from their adventures safely. And in this case, the hero returned, but half his family was missing. For the age group the story is written for, it's just not satisfying that it breaks that rule.

What do you think is the age group of the books? Some books that are supposedly written for children aren't really for them, and many others appeal to a wide range of people. By early teens, most people should have realized the world is not perfect and saving it doesn't produce a perfect outcome either. smile.gif

What do you think is the age group of the books? Some books that are supposedly written for children aren't really for them, and many others appeal to a wide range of people. By early teens, most people should have realized the world is not perfect and saving it doesn't produce a perfect outcome either. smile.gif

I'm not sure, but every time I see them in book stores, they're always in the young adult/ten year old range. and that's still in the age group that I find the stories that end with perfect world occuring.