Darkling1212

Harry Potter

Amerylis will hopefully take me to see it this week.

Unsure if this has already been answered in the thread, but does anyone know if it is good in 3D?

I just got back from a vacation in Mexico so I was unable to catch the midnight premiere and showings since then. I don't normally watch things in 3D but seeing how this is the last one and everyone is crazy over it, I might just happen to, especially how I missed James Cameron's Avatar which apparantly was brilliant being shot with the special cameras and all.

Unsure if this has already been answered in the thread, but does anyone know if it is good in 3D?

I just got back from a vacation in Mexico so I was unable to catch the midnight premiere and showings since then. I don't normally watch things in 3D but seeing how this is the last one and everyone is crazy over it, I might just happen to, especially how I missed James Cameron's Avatar which apparantly was brilliant being shot with the special cameras and all.

I accidentally saw it in 3D, and I thought it was pretty good. It didn't have those annoying "jump out at you" scenes, but it did look very nice, visually. And that's coming from someone who has steadfastly refused to watch 3D movies since that one Spy Kids movie came out.

(Though, I will admit that 3D technology has improved in leaps and bounds. It no longer gives me a headache.)

Edit: Apparently "steadfastly" is one word. Who knew?

Edited by FireAngel73

Wrote up most of the changes I noticed a few days ago here. Incidentally, I forgot to mention the thing about the boat shack, but meh.

Okay, so I was just rereading "The Prince's Tale" chapter, and I take back what I said about the whole memories-coming-out-of-Snape's-eyes thing.

Something more than blood was leaking from Snape. Silvery blue, neither gas nor liquid, it gushed from his mouth and his ears and his eyes, and Harry knew what it was...

So I just saw it in 3D and need to state my opinion on it like everyone else. <3 Spoilers are unmarked.

I am still firmly in the "What Epilogue?" camp after the fact. tongue.gif (Though AS is cute, which I didn't expect.) Also ew wtf is that aging job, Ginny is the only one believable, Draco just got ugly, Hermione looks the same, just rawr at that whole thing. They also didn't mention Lily and James' or Rose's or Scorpius' names (and we barely even see any of the kids other than AS!) so +1 wtf.

I only cried once and it was only a little bit: when Harry was talking to his parents/Sirius/Lupin (footnote 1). Almost cried several other times, and once would have been tears of sheer awesome at the "protect Hogwarts" bit. So much love for McG. Another would have been during Snape's memories, which I'd wish they'd spent more time on (yussssss birdy, kid!Snape was SO CUTE).

I wish they had kept the book version of the Gringotts "Bellatrix" scene, or even that someone had told Hermione "girl you're supposed to act like a censorkip.gif*" but meh. They kept the important stuff as far as I'm concerned (disclaimer: I haven't read the book in years QQ)

Thought Voldy disintegrating was a lame way to die. The "jump off a cliff and fly around pulling each other's face off" was weird too.

I wish Molly's "NMDYB" scene had been a tiny bit more epic. One curse Ginny easily deflects and Molly jumps in (I also feel the line was said wrong, sounded weird), fumbles, and then somehow gets in one really creepy spell (how did she know that? What was it?), and bye bye Bella. Also wished they'd kept Bella's general badass ness instead of cowing to an even more insane Voldy, but eh.

So much beautiful fight scene, but I wish they'd taken more time for characterization. Or just make the movie longer. I'd be cool with that.

When the Malfoys were just like "nope.jpg" and walked away from Hogwarts, I literally laughed out loud. I think I liked how the movie handled Narcissa's lying about Harry being dead better than the book (again, don't remember much). Sissy runs up to him instead of being ordered to by Voldy and it's Bella that asks.

Fiendfyre was freaking awesome and I loved the RoR escape. /secretly ships Drarry what nothing to see here don't look at me

Now that I'm thinking about it something annoys me. R/H go to the CoS to get fangs, Ron grabs /one/ and makes Herm off the goblet (SOMETHING THEY DID NOT EXPLAIN WHICH ANNOYED MEEEEEEE), and after the water freak attack thing not only do they randomly start snogging (like wut) but they then run around the castle with at least two others after I distinctly remember not seeing the skeleton after the water.

I thought Nev and Luna were gonna get together. Totally forgot how it goes in the book but at one point Nev's like "I'm gonna go tell Luna something, we'll likely both be dead by dawn" or something. Then they end up sitting next to each other at the very end and just nothing happens. IDK, no strong opinions there, but it's wasted screen seconds!

Agreeing that Voldy's hugging Draco was weird, but I thought it showed pretty well that Draco wasn't comfortable on "that side" and that he was only going over because his parents were calling him out and it was the best way to stay alive at the time.

Changing the SS to a boathouse might just have been for time's sake. It would be closer than the Shack but still served as a spot not too far or close from the action. Nagini killing Snape was creepily brutal and made me flinch.

Footnote 1: Until the point where Harry started talking about "but your son!" I then went "8I THE MOVIE HASN'T SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THEM HAVING A SON Y U BRING THAT UP ONLY NOW?"

In Part 2, I was impressed, and like everyone else, here is my opinion.

In the epilogue, almost everyone in the movie theater was laughing. Like NixAxum said, they almost all looked the same. And their hairdos, ugh. I also found that Albus didn't look anything like Harry and they didn't even mention the other kids.

--

Snape's memories made me cry. It was sort of heart breaking to see him holding Lily's corpse and sobbing over her. I got a bit teary eyed when everyone was standing over Fred's body.

--

Why did Bellatrix and Voldemort dissolve into tiny bits? I thought that was rather stupid. It would have been better if they had shown their corpses off to the side.

--

The battle between Harry and Voldemort should have been more epic. It seemed to me that they showed him rather weak. Harry didn't even win officially. Voldemort killed himself! dry.gif

--

I wish they would have elaborated a bit more on Fred's death. I would have loved to seen it played out.

The battle between Harry and Voldemort should have been more epic. It seemed to me that they showed him rather weak. Harry didn't even win officially. Voldemort killed himself! dry.gif

In the book Voldy also died from his curse rebounding against Harry's disarming spell. /shrugs

As for the epilogue, I laughed so hard about Draco's looks and my friend said that Ginny looked like an alcoholic. :v

Edited by lightbird

I didn't think the epilogue was that bad, so as to laugh over it. Though I was surprised that James Sirius had sort of wavy hair. As far as I know, Harry, James, Ginny, and Lily all had straight hair, so it's weird that JS wouldn't. I suppose they were making reference to Sirius, but since he isn't actually related...Perhaps Lily could have had wavy hair. I'm not sure it was ever described as anything but "long" and "red," lol

I certainly agree that they needed to have a body for Voldy, especially since they changed the scene so that Harry was practically alone. If there's no body, how do they know he didn't just apparate away?

I didn't think the epilogue was that bad, so as to laugh over it. Though I was surprised that James Sirius had sort of wavy hair. As far as I know, Harry, James, Ginny, and Lily all had straight hair, so it's weird that JS wouldn't. I suppose they were making reference to Sirius, but since he isn't actually related...Perhaps Lily could have had wavy hair. I'm not sure it was ever described as anything but "long" and "red," lol

I certainly agree that they needed to have a body for Voldy, especially since they changed the scene so that Harry was practically alone. If there's no body, how do they know he didn't just apparate away?

Hm, didn't notice that, but the hair thing doesn't make sense then - straight hair is a recessive trait, and wavy - a dominant (actually, curly hair is a dominant trait, and inheriting one dominant (curly) and one recessive (straight) allele results in having wavy hair). Thus, having curly/wavy hair can't skip a generation and appear in offspring of parents who both have straight hair... unless the boy curled it artificially. :T

As for the dust thing, because Disapparating is impossible on Hogwarts' grounds, unless you're House Elf (or a Phoenix)? Still thought that the confetti-style death was stupid.

Edited by lightbird

If my memory were correct, there would be a naked scene of Daniel in the last part... Well, the part where he was in his own head. I swear I've seen that sneak picture somewhere on the Internet. Maybe, it's PS-ed, but I was so eager to see that (and many friends of mine were too). And it's true that Harry was naked when he waked up after Voldie killed him, at least until he wished for his robe! xd.pngxd.png

Then, on that scene with all his clothes on, I & my friends were like: NOOOOOO, We wanna see his bottom.... Yeah, I know, totally perv, all of us. But you cannot stop that disappointment when you'd desired for that delecious scene for nearly a year. dry.gifdry.gif

Edited by watanuki14

As for the dust thing, because Disapparating is impossible on Hogwarts' grounds, unless you're House Elf (or a Phoenix)? Still thought that the confetti-style death was stupid.

I thought that the whole half-destroying Hogwarts thing took care of that particular enchantment. Didn't Harry grab onto Voldy and they apparated around the grounds to get to the death scene in the first place? It would at least be movie-cannon, if not book-cannon.

I'm not one much for movie "canon". :T

Speaking of which, I don't remember how Disapparating in/outside Hogwarts was treated in the earlier movies.

@watanuki - yeah, I also somewhat hoped he'd be naked, like in the book, but they probably wouldn't have pulled that off without raising the guidance rating, or whatever it's called.

And I'm kinda disappointed about Dumberdore. Well, in this last movie, he's like a total jerk. Well, as snape said, he raised harry like a pig to slaughter.

Somehow, in the book, I know Dumberdore is one malicious and sly old man. But I was kind of sympathy with him, maybe, he did explain about his reason and he seemed very sorry for his action when he met harry inside his head. And maybe, kind of because of his love for Grinderwald (hope I write that right)

In the movie, noooo, he's just totally sly. No explaination, no sorry, nothing. Just a cunning smile and some more ridiculous answer. No Dumberdore, you suck, totally suck after manipulate so many people in the movie.

I wish the director would pay more attention to him in this last movie. It's not like he was dead in part 1 then he's done. Nothing to explain.

Well, all and all, the movie is good. Good enough for entertaining. But well, not that good for OSCARS, like many fangirls shouting all over the internet.

Hell, if you are making a film based on a book with that many details, do a long movie. Like Lord of the Rings. 3hrs in length but very detailed and totally explain everything. Don't cut off important story, and make the movie become a hurry and medicore one.

Saw first part today. Geez, only New Moon managed to bore me that much. About an hour into the movie, me and my BF started planning a D&D campaign.

I'll watch the second part when it comes out on video, so I can fast forward through it. I'm only interested in the whole Snape memories and battle at Hogwarts, as well as Ron and Hermione kiss (I'm a hardcore shipper for that pairing since book 1). I'm not paying a ticket to go to the theaters, tho, I'd rather rent it, which is much cheaper.

Saw first part today. Geez, only New Moon managed to bore me that much. About an hour into the movie, me and my BF started planning a D&D campaign.

I'll watch the second part when it comes out on video, so I can fast forward through it. I'm only interested in the whole Snape memories and battle at Hogwarts, as well as Ron and Hermione kiss (I'm a hardcore shipper for that pairing since book 1). I'm not paying a ticket to go to the theaters, tho, I'd rather rent it, which is much cheaper.

Yeah, I didn't see the first one in theaters until the second one came out. I mean, they did their job, it's just that not much happens in the first half of the book. I ended up seeing part one and part two back to back, instead of seeing part one when it came out.

Most of the movie is the Hogwarts battle, honestly.

The epilogue was stupid in the book and even more ridiculous in the film, contributing nothing and in fact detracting from what could have been a rather nice ending. They should have cut it where the three stand on the bridge of Hogwarts and end the movie there - job done.

I think McGonagoll should have had an epic fight scene of her own; when they're all retreating from the square into the building, there should have been thirty seconds of old lady battering the heck out of the oncoming hoard as she goes all mother-bear over the students. That would have rocked. Epically.

And I do think Harry vs Voldemort at the end should have been a bit more of a duel.

GO SEE THE LAST MOVIE! Oh my gosh! I cried so much!:3

don't wanna spoil anything, but snape loved her sooooo fricken' much! aughh, so heartbreaking to see so many people die :/ oh dang, SPOILER ALERT.

The epilogue was stupid in the book and even more ridiculous in the film, contributing nothing and in fact detracting from what could have been a rather nice ending. They should have cut it where the three stand on the bridge of Hogwarts and end the movie there - job done.

I think McGonagoll should have had an epic fight scene of her own; when they're all retreating from the square into the building, there should have been thirty seconds of old lady battering the heck out of the oncoming hoard as she goes all mother-bear over the students. That would have rocked. Epically.

And I do think Harry vs Voldemort at the end should have been a bit more of a duel.

Yessssssss yes yes yes.

Speaking of which, I don't remember how Disapparating in/outside Hogwarts was treated in the earlier movies.

Pretty much not allowed period. Dumbledore set the enchantments, I believe, and he evaded/lifted them in the 6th year and temporarily/just for the Great Hall in whatever year they learned Apparating. (DESTINATION, DETERMINATION, ANOTHER D WORD, AND THEY'RE PROBABLY OUT OF ORDER.)

I don't think the shield breaking lifted that one though. The /shield/ was put there specifically for Voldy and crew and anyone who crossed in was disintegrated. Plus, I don't think the DE's black-smoke-flying thing was real Apparating. Note that most of the time there's no trace of it except for maybe wind, but in the 5th movie it's Order vs. Death Eaters with the white/black Color Coded for your Convenience smoke stuff.

Going to see it again tomorrow, will probably have to explain everything to my dad. xd.png

eta: LIKE HELGA HUFFLEPUFF'S CUP. SERIOUSLY. COULD NOT TAKE FIVE MINUTES TO GET THE MEMORY OR EVEN MENTION TOM WANTED TO PUT HIS SOUL INTO HOGWARTS-RELEVANT ITEMS? Gr.

eta2: Also. http://imgur.com/A9o5X <- I hnnnnnnnng'd so much and can't stop staring. This needs to be made now plz.

Edited by NixAyum

eta2: Also. http://imgur.com/A9o5X <- I hnnnnnnnng'd so much and can't stop staring. This needs to be made now plz.

And that's sooo hawt! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Cannot stop staring at the twincest! laugh.gif But man, I LMAO at Snape. Common, sleeping in a bed of white lily! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

But then, Dolby scare me to death with his bald head. unsure.gifunsure.gif

Yes yes yes yes yes. Young, soul-melting-eyed wizards who look like begging to have slash written about them, please. 8B

Bellatrix is a babe.

Wow! How drew that? That's awesome!

I just realized this was mu 1,300 post

Edited by evangeline5432

Yes yes yes yes yes. Young, soul-melting-eyed wizards who look like begging to have slash written about them, please. 8B

Yesss Tom Felton