Darkling1212

Harry Potter

The movie was great but at where the ending left off: #SPOILER#(Voldemort using the lightning spell after taking the Elder wand from Dumbledore's grave)#SPOILER#It makes me feel that part two is going to be very short. If you read the book you'll know what I mean.

Personally, I think there's still plenty that they've set up for and have to do that the movie will be plenty long. x3 And even if it's shorter, considering the amount of action that is likely going to be packed into this movie, that's not too much of a bad thing. Probably going to have to watch it a few times to catch everything, anyway. :B

Sorcerer's Stone-You really can't cut a thing out of there, so it was kinda like a rerun of the entire book. And also, according to the wiki on Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, they filmed the departure of Harry leaving Hogwarts first. What. The. Heck.

My mom and I left the theater after that movie fuming at all that had been changed or left out. XD

I do think they've done a terrific job as they keep going, though. I have less and less complaints about what's changed/left out of the movies as they keep releasing them. I'm very excited for how DH part 2 is going to turn out. <3

~

Thanks for making me drool over that, CD. XD

So, so excited!

~

I just bought DH part 1 the other day and I was sad about the "you're not a waste of space" Dudley and Harry thing not being in the movie and the "Voldemort is taboo" thing never really being explained. I was very happy to see those in the deleted scenes, though. At least they did think about doing them. :B

I just bought DH part 1 the other day and I was sad about the "you're not a waste of space" Dudley and Harry thing not being in the movie and the "Voldemort is taboo" thing never really being explained. I was very happy to see those in the deleted scenes, though. At least they did think about doing them. :B

Ah, I have yet to buy that one on DVD. I was also quite upset that the part with Dudley and Harry wasn't in there! It was such an important moment between them. I was very surprised at that part, felt the first pinch of respect I've ever felt for Dudley. xd.png

Did anybody else think that Dobby sounded different in the seventh? He sounded squeakier.

Yeah, that really bugged me. X.=.x It was the same voice actor too, I guess he just didn't do a very good job of redoing the same voice. =b

-------------------

I'm very impressed with the Harry Potter movies. They're the best movies based off of books, in my opinion. All of the movies have done a spectacular job sticking to their corresponding books. My favorites would have to be movies 1-3. It seems that the WORLD disagrees with me, and that the movies have gotten way better as they moved along, but... I don't think that's true. *shrugs*

Edited by Alpha Gryph

Ah, I have yet to buy that one on DVD. I was also quite upset that the part with Dudley and Harry wasn't in there! It was such an important moment between them. I was very surprised at that part, felt the first pinch of respect I've ever felt for Dudley. xd.png

I have to say, in the book, it didn't really touch me that much. It was an "aww" moment and I thought it was really important to their relationship (hence being upset over it not being in the movie, lul). And maybe I was just rushing through the book too fast to be really touched by it, but the movie version... It made me want to cry. >.>

Even though the actor seemed to look really different there, to me. I had to look it up and see if it was the same person. Apparently it was. X.D

hmm, I'd love to see the last part of it (I mean both parts of the seventh film), but I got dissapointed in HP film series after I saw the girl who was acting Fleur in the Goblet of Fire... she was just so plain!

Voldie's screams in the 2nd DH movie trailer sound like "NYAAAAAAAAAN!"

For some reason I'm a bit apprehensive about liking the last one. :T

hmm.... maybe i should read the HP books..... it sound like a smart idea, although its a kinda late now... lol. but im really excited for the new movie, even though its the last one, which makes me sad. =(

Just watched DH part 1 again and I must say I am SO excited for the second part! xd.png My favorite parts are where Harry and Hermione dance, the animated bit about the brothers, aaaand any and all parts with the amazingly crazy Bellatrix in laugh.gif Helena Bonham Carter is so good. The scenery is also quite lovely.

HP7 part 2 trailer.

BRB DYING FROM EXCITEMENT.

I want to see it in 3D or IMAX so badly.

WTH is Pottermore? blink.gif

To me, HPATGOF (Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire) left too much out. It was boring and stupid. Wasted my time.

~Cavey

HP7 part 2 trailer.

BRB DYING FROM EXCITEMENT.

I want to see it in 3D or IMAX so badly.

I can not wait to see it! It looks amazing!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK

Coming in late, but OMGWTFBBQ 10 hours!

What do you guys think Pottermore is? All I know is that Scholastic has confirmed that it is not a book...

I'm sort of hoping it's some sort of MMORPG...if they did it well, it could be really exciting. Like, if you could customize characters and be sorted into houses and...I need to calm down now. I am way too excited, it's a little embarrassing.

*squee* xd.png

Oh, and as much as I LOVE the HP7 p2 trailer, I'm irked by the whole "you're going with me *cliff dive*" thing...that was so not in the books. /shot

Though, now that I think about it, what was with the "Be strong baby Harry" thing in the beginning?

Edited by FireAngel73

Coming in late, but OMGWTFBBQ 10 hours!

What do you guys think Pottermore is? All I know is that Scholastic has confirmed that it is not a book...

I'm sort of hoping it's some sort of MMORPG...if they did it well, it could be really exciting. Like, if you could customize characters and be sorted into houses and...I need to calm down now. I am way too excited, it's a little embarrassing.

*squee* xd.png

That's how I felt!!!!! And we still don't know EXACTLY what it is. I think it could be some kind of RPG, too, it wasn't very clear. Obviously there's going to be other stuff than audiobooks and ebooks... as J.K. Rowling says on the interview on the main page.

That's how I felt!!!!! And we still don't know EXACTLY what it is. I think it could be some kind of RPG, too, it wasn't very clear. Obviously there's going to be other stuff than audiobooks and ebooks... as J.K. Rowling says on the interview on the main page.

Well, there's going to be sorting and house points and stuff, but I don't think it'll be as great as a "real" game. That said, it will be free, so...for a browser game, I think it'll be pretty cool. I was hoping for a WoW-like game, but I'm not going to QQ until I see what Pottermore looks like for real happy.gif

/optimism

Frankly, I'm almost bouncing off the walls to see it. I really felt part one did a good job when compared to the book for once, despite being disappointed after that last one.

Anyways, just wanted to throw this little trailer out there:

Discovered it during my A Very Potter Musical (AVPM) obsession phase. The song is called "No way" and its from AVPS. In the play, Draco's played by a girl just fyi.

I saw it tonight at the midnight release....ohmygosh it was amazing. I cried, like, a hundred times. I won't spoil anything, but I think they really did Snape justice.

I just saw it! biggrin.gif I have really cool HP RealD glasses. Did anyone else get any? I went to a Regal cinemas and got them, my sisters went to imax and didn't. Weird xd.png

I saw it tonight at the midnight release....ohmygosh it was amazing. I cried, like, a hundred times. I won't spoil anything, but I think they really did Snape justice.

They did do Snape some justice, that part was nice but sad. Was a great movie but it really did differ from the book which was a little disappointing but very worth the wait.

I just saw it! biggrin.gif I have really cool HP RealD glasses. Did anyone else get any? I went to a Regal cinemas and got them, my sisters went to imax and didn't. Weird xd.png

I just saw it too and I got the awesome glasses as well.

I dressed up as Oliver Wood and had an awesome costume. Except it kind of sucked because most people didn't dress up.

Why would you go to a midnight premiere if you lack the commitment to dress up?

And I went to the giant theater that we have in town and it had 12 showings, 12:01-12:12. And, the line was so long that a 10:30, it wrapped it's way around the entire theater (And it wasn't up against the wall)

It was so much fun. I was in the lobby, and I fight broke out between a bunch of us Gryffindors vs Voldemort and gang. The security guards had to break it up. tongue.gif Than we yelled unforgivable curses at him.

They did do Snape some justice, that part was nice but sad. Was a great movie but it really did differ from the book which was a little disappointing but very worth the wait.

Did they keep it true to the book? Snape's part I mean. : P

I have to say Snape is one of my favorite characters.

Edited by evangeline5432

I am going to see it tomorrow. *grumbles* WHHHYYY DOES THAT SEEM LIKE SO LONG!?