Darkling1212

Harry Potter

As far as movies based on books go, these are some of the better ones. I still like the books better though.

Yup there is a new trailer for them. Also The game for this is epic but back to the movie. Trailers always make the movie seem good. But in the trailer I seen that they didn't cut out the first chapter like they did for the rest of the series.

When they show part 2 of this movie it should also show part 1 with it.

The first two movies were major win. The third was okay, the fourth was meh, and the fifth and sixth were pretty much just icky, although I thought Luna was great in the fifth.

And I think I know the reason the movies after the first two weren't good: no robes! It subconsciously bothers everyone who's read the books, making the movies annoying!

The fifth wasn't that bad, but the sixth was nearly the worst movie I've ever seen (not counting B movies and amateur footage).

You are exactly right about the robes. When watching the trailer I was like, "why does this not look right?" That was the answer.

Scrimingeor looks weird in the trailer. I guess I always pictured him more like Moody than who they chose.

My fave ones of Harry Potter are # 1 & 2.. The other movies were good too, but if they'd followed the book like the 1st 2 movies, I think they'd get more attention. It's kind of sad how long it's taken them to finish the movies & how Harry doesn't look like the age he's suppost to be.

My fave ones of Harry Potter are # 1 & 2.. The other movies were good too, but if they'd followed the book like the 1st 2 movies, I think they'd get more attention. It's kind of sad how long it's taken them to finish the movies & how Harry doesn't look like the age he's suppost to be.

Yeah, I absolutely love the fact that adults are playing 16 and 17 year old kids. It also helps that Radcliffe is almost the palest person I've ever seen. And he's scrawny. YAY! /dripping with sarcasm

Scrimingeor looks weird in the trailer. I guess I always pictured him more like Moody than who they chose.

Isn't it weird that how the pictures of people in the chapter beginning and how you picture them in your mind always seems different in movies.

Anyway Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite. Why because Daniel really looked like Harry (Probably because of the hair) and there was the robes and all and it was awesome.

Yeah the robes do disappear in the movies even when they are RIGHT THERE in the books' description.

Isn't it weird that how the pictures of people in the chapter beginning and how you picture them in your mind always seems different in movies.

I actually thought the HP movies did really well with keeping to the imagined looks of the characters and book art.

Except for Snape, but apparently Alan Rickman's just made of fanservice so.

I actually thought the HP movies did really well with keeping to the imagined looks of the characters and book art.

Except for Snape, but apparently Alan Rickman's just made of fanservice so.

I thought overall they have done fairly well with the character look alikes, but there are some that are just different. And then there's the fact that everyone is older than they should be and have all grown since the first movie.

I do think they did a horrible job with casting Narcissa. The actress they chose didn't look at all like I pictured her in my mind.

Edited by rubyshoes

I do think they did a horrible job with casting Narcissa. The actress they chose didn't look at all like I pictured her in my mind.

Oh yeah.

Stupid skunk hair.

I also imagined her a lot younger-looking than she was in the 6th movie. :s

Oh yeah.

Stupid skunk hair.

I also imagined her a lot younger-looking than she was in the 6th movie. :s

I imagined her younger, taller, skinnier and with long blond hair (but that may be because I've read too many fan fictions).

Nah, I think it describes her in the book as "willowy" or something, with the trademark Malfoy blonde hair and such.

Yeah, I absolutely love the fact that adults are playing 16 and 17 year old kids. It also helps that Radcliffe is almost the palest person I've ever seen. And he's scrawny. YAY! /dripping with sarcasm

Weren't most of the actors the proper ages when they started shooting? But since movies take at least a year to film, plus the time to write it and stuff, the actors ended up older than they're supposed to be.

Weren't most of the actors the proper ages when they started shooting? But since movies take at least a year to film, plus the time to write it and stuff, the actors ended up older than they're supposed to be.

Yeah that's why the age was so different. Bit annoying 'cause of that. Would have been better if they made the movies while they were of that age instead of waiting for the one to come out. Also can't they just make it acordding to the book? That is what they are based on so i don't see theneed of another script for the movie.

Yeah that's why the age was so different. Bit annoying 'cause of that. Would have been better if they made the movies while they were of that age instead of waiting for the one to come out. Also can't they just make it acordding to the book? That is what they are based on so i don't see theneed of another script for the movie.

Well, the script has to be shortened, adapted and such, and it seems that the common opinion of the people who do the adapting is to change things up for whatever reason.

Yes, but the books held it up too. They should have waited and had the scripts made after every book was available. It would mean that they could actually make it reasonably accurate. They could release them once a year like they're supposed to, and the actors would be the proper age.

It would also give them the opportunity to correct the disgrace that was #6.

Of course doing those things would mean they might get less money, so naturally they'll go for the money, even though they're mostly all billionaire types already.

#6 just killed me.

Just ..... failure, in general.

The first thing I said after walking out of the theater at 2:30 in the morning, as I went to the Midnight premiere, was, "We sat there for five hours to see that crap?!"

I just couldn't believe they left out a 30 PAGED battle between the Aurors and Deatheaters. W.T.F.

Epic fail.

Anyways, if you guys would like to know what has been included in the seventh movie, go here >> CLICK MEEEE! It is a review of the movie screening in Chicago, and from what I can tell, they left only the tiny things out. I am ticked off about a certain thing in this, though. So, yeah.

smile.gif

Edited by eggy

I only carry on watching the movies- after the disgraces that were OOTP and HBP- for two very important reasons:

1. ALAN.

2. RICKMAN.

I liked Snape best when I read the books, and Alan Rickman is one of my favourite actors- along with Johnny Depp, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, and Danny De Vito. Oh, and Gary Oldman.

I like the 1st and 2nd movies the best, because they stick to the books the best. Along with that, the Dumbledore from them seems more like the Dumbledore from the books because he's calm, quiet, and colorful. The Dumbledore from the other movies is loud and always wears grey.

And I'm most likely going to see the 7th, if not, at least get it on Blu-Ray or DVD.

Edited by NixAyum

Please don't double post, use the Edit button.

I only carry on watching the movies- after the disgraces that were OOTP and HBP- for two very important reasons:

1. ALAN.

2. RICKMAN.

OMG YES! This exactly!

When I first found out that Alan Rickman, one of my most favorite actors, was going to play as Severus Snape, my absolute favorite Harry Potter character, I just about died from happiness.

No matter how much the movies(after one and two) disappoint me, I can never really dislike them because they have Alan Rickman in them.

I only read the first 4 books so I wouldnt know if it matched the books but I found some of the last movies too serious....

So, since the new movie came out today, I think it's time to bump this. :D

I'll go see it on Monday and so far the reviews on IMDb look good!

Edited by lightbird