Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

I like international food, which includes some more unusual things, if that counts. (Such as the takoyaki with the wiggling bonito)

But one of the snacks I most frequently get? Celery with peanut butter and raisins. Or olives with cheese and dried fruit. Or chocolate and cheese. Or frozen hotdogs thatre still frozen.

Edited by raichuluxray

I'm Chinese, so lots of the food I enjoy seem unusual or strange in the US where I currently live. I guess even by Chinese standards, I'm a bit strange with my enjoyment of black vinegar. I could literally drink the stuff. It has an intense flavor I enjoy a lot and have always enjoyed since I was young.

Stuff that the US or more western-world would consider weird consist of things like turtle, pig's ear, chicken feet, a variety of raw fish, jellyfish, certain fungi, prawn heads, etc.

I'm also chinese, and now that I come to think of it, I eat pig ear, duck neck, and chicken feet, also some internal organs of animals.

I'm also chinese, and now that I come to think of it, I eat pig ear, duck neck, and chicken feet, also some internal organs of animals.

Chicken feet? Blauergh. My little brother loves it though. I'm chinese too, never eaten pigs ear or duck neck. I've eaten pig intestines, and liver. The intestines are always delicious. Recently, my aunt got me foei gras to eat. ITs pretty good, has a weird flavor.

Now that I think of it,here we eat crickets.

Not really actually crickets,since I have heard they are a bit poisonous,we eat another kind called "chapulines".They taste like chips,and are delicious with hot sauce and lemon.

I sometimes mix ordinary foods together; the ones that normally shouldn't be mixed. At least my friends say so about marshmallow sandwiches... (◡‿◡✿)" I think they taste great, though.

I sometimes mix ordinary foods together; the ones that normally shouldn't be mixed. At least my friends say so about marshmallow sandwiches... (◡‿◡✿)" I think they taste great, though.

Hey I do that to!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! D:

Hey I do that to!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! D:

There where anyone else doesn't seem to like marshmallow sandwiches! oAo"

^ The marshmallow sandwiches I do are just marshmallows between two slices of bread. Even though they aren't so unusual, pretty much everyone I know sees them as somehow repulsive. rolleyes.gif

I am the pickiest eater ever and i also have cyclic vomiting syndrome so everything I eat is pretty usual. Except my friends yell at me for putting extra sugar in my hot chocolate >_< haha! My friend puts ketchup on her macaroni though!

I always put butter and garlic over my fried eggs.

I also put a slice of american cheese into my Ramen soup. It does wonders for adding flavor to the juice.

I like an egg and/or pineapple on a hamburger, does that count?

also miso in mashed potatoes is yummy.

(not “weird”, just regional, but I also like: sushi, salmon roe, dutch mustard soup, Marmite, poutine, and mayo on my fries)

A favourite snack of mine is a peanut butter and pickle sandwich! Usually I use sliced dill pickles, but sometimes when I'm craving something sweet I'll swap them out for bread and butter pickles. Yum!

People think it is strange that I eat black spaghetti, made from soybeans, but one 2 oz serving has 25 grams of protein and only 180 calories, so it is a great protein boost for me.

On 1/5/2015 at 3:57 PM, Syiren said:

I also put a slice of american cheese into my Ramen soup. It does wonders for adding flavor to the juice.

I'm going to try that. 

I like marshmallow and peanut butter sandwiches.  Yum.  

I like to put cheese crackers in strawberry yogurt so that eating yogurt has some crunch to it.  Also like to put cheese crackers or pretzels on peanut butter jelly sandwiches, also to give them crunch. XD 

When I tried candifloss ice cream for the first time, I coincidentally had some salted fries. Probably McDonalds. Decided to dip a fry in. Loved it XD 

Way back when I was pregnant with my first child, I used to eat honey roast ham and Betty Crocker chocolate fudge icing (from the ready made tubs). Can't remember which way around it was, ham first then chocolate or the other way around. Was so nice!

Edited by Fandom Addict

I've been on keto(more or less) from last august, and I'm still learning all the unusual foods that I can eat. The latest food I've found is coconut porridge. I've been missing eating porridge-like foods so this is nice :D Even though I've had chia pudding/porridge too. I've been thinking about creating a keto-cereal recipe, too.

So, people have been calling me an alien because of this. But I like most of the junkfood with honey. Hamburger, hot dogs, french fries, chickens nuggets, even fish sticks! I don't even know where I started this. Apparently I was just a little kid when I said "I want to eat this with honey!' and my mom was like "Uh, sure" and was weirded out that I actually love it. I remember that I almost drown my nuggets with honey, but today I cut down the sugar because I just don't like that much anymore. But it's still an habit.
Oh and pinnaple on pizza. All the way. Love it.

Pineapple on pizza isn't weird. I love my pizza with pineapple, tuna and lots of chillies.

My most favorite middle school lunch memory was one I made myself!

I'd get one of those toasted bagels, put cream cheese on one slice, then put chicken nuggets on top of it. I'd put ketchup on top of the chicken nuggets (being careful not to touch ketchup with the cream cheese or bagel below). And then finish it off with a line of goldfish crackers on top of the chicken nuggets.

Then I'd eat it like that. It was sooooo good. I still love the memory of it to this day. 

It was all the best when the bagel and the chicken nuggets were nice and warm, while the cream cheese was icy cold and smooth, and the goldfish crackers were a neutral room-temperature. The sweet combination of textures, soft and crunchy and crisp and soft again, along with the temperatures, just made it a joy to eat. ❤️

(My friends tease me about that "strange creation" to this day, and still don't understand the appeal of it. More fools, they!) 

Edited by Indigo_Dragon

Sometimes I'll put potato chips (crisps) or Fritos on tuna, chicken salad, or egg salad sandwiches. Been doing this all my life.

When I was pregnant, I remember craving chicken McNuggets dipped in cottage cheese mixed with chopped green grapes. And yes, it had to be actual McNuggets from McDonald's, the ones from the grocery store freezer case did not satisfy.