Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

My favorite meat is squab- it's a young domestic pigeon.

Yes, the same species as the ones that eat crumbs off sidewalks. I'm actually considering getting pigeons to raise my own delicious little birds, because it is a bit expensive where I live.

Asians do eat weird things. Once, I ate dog without knowing it. *shudders* And I politely declined when someone offered me some sort of fried insect... Like, it looked like a giant fly or something...

For unusual foods I eat, I guess that would be chocolate dipped in gravy. Or bacon and ice cream.

I suppose "weird foods" are usually only weird from a cultural stand point. I know most western countries love eating peanut butter, but other places would find that disgusting and strange.

I guess there's also weird stuff even within the same culture. I can't say I've really eaten anything that would be considered "weird" though...

I guess I've had chocolate cheese and bacon chocolate. Chocolate cheese is a chocolate fudge that uses cheddar, cream cheese, and I believe one other kind of cheese in it. Bacon chocolate is chocolate with bacon bits in it. Nothing super weird, but close enough I guess? o3o

I really enjoy some foods most people tend to not like, like dark chocolate, spinach, Brussels' Sprouts, and liver.

I've had taco pizza. It's pizza with refried beans mixed with salsa instead of tomato sauce, and it was topped with cheese, chicken or beef, tomatoes, green onions, and black olives, if I remember correctly. Personally I think it's more delicious than weird. It's my favorite pizza now, yum yum <3

I once tried a bit of peanut butter and sprinkle sandwich. It was so yummy.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Where I come from we eat crickets!

They taste like chips and they are better with hot sauce.

Guess where I come from?

Where I come from we eat crickets!

They taste like chips and they are better with hot sauce.

Guess where I come from?

Wherever I come from?

Now that I think about it, those things might have been crickets... Can never be sure... *shudders* I do not find the appeal in eating bugs.

I am not sure if this is weird or not, but I eat toasted bagel's with butter and cinnamon. Sometimes I put bacon on them and make it into a sandwich.

That reminds me! I like putting cinnamon on meat and cheese sandwiches. It's really yummy.

Meats of all kinds can work well with both sweet and savory flavors, so that's why things like maple bacon and brown sugar ham work, and why some sauces like most barbecue sauce is sweet (and slightly spicy). Course you wouldn't want to throw around just any kind of sweetness. It's usually stuff like fruit, cinnamon, and brown sugar that works best, from what I've seen and tried.

Continuing on with meat and sweet things, when I was a young child I had this Blue's Clues applesauce that was some sort of berry flavor. I liked dipping various meats like chicken or brisket in it. c:

It seems some people think it's weird, but I like raw carrots and raw cucumbers. I find it completely normal, but others sometimes are surprised.

I also like them!

I love it with lemon and chili.Everyone here likes it!

It is not unusual here! biggrin.gif

I still think eating bugs is the weirdest!

Then again, Monkey Brains is even more horrible... Did you know that when people eat monkey brains they suck it out of a living monkey's head? Or so I've heard.

Potato skin whenever I peel it, people call me weird.

I eat everything, though.

I eat a lot of weird combinations.

Like toast with cream cheese and then cinnamon and sugar... boy, I haven't had that in a long time,

and hot dogs with chocolate,

and whenever its my turn to cook dinner I make a soup with everything in it.

and I will try almost anything

I also eat scrambled eggs with tomato sauce... my family thinks I'm weird.

Pudding mixed with mouse with pickles and cheese inside. Dipping fries in it is good, too. I also like eating just plain tomatoes- Which, though it's bad for you, is great- and when I was younger I liked to eat chicken and turkey hearts. And gizzards.

...Back then, I was weird. Oh, and I also like scrambled eggs with ketchup and Cheese Whiz.

I LOOVE veggie chips. Idk if thats wierd, but everyone else I know think they're gross.

I don't tend to be very experimental with food. I think the weirdest thing I eat is golden syrup and cheese sandwiches, which are amazing tongue.gif. (Golden syrup's a British thing that is basically just a pale treacle.)

Oh vegetables tempura <3 <3 <3

I love it so much, I can eat a whole serving with onion rings, carrots, potatoes, I love it.

But I don't think they are strange.

I think the most strange food I ever had was uni, sea urchin with whipped raw eggs. It was delicious. biggrin.gif

I've eaten live animals before. Not just fish and bugs...

Why on earth would you put a living animal through the agony of being EATEN ALIVE?

Why on earth would you put a living animal through the agony of being EATEN ALIVE?

I know, right? Somewhere in China, there's a food called 三叫 (Three Cries). It's horrible and disturbing (don't read if you think you can't handle it), but it's live mice. It's called Three Cries because the first cry is when you use chopsticks to pick up the mouse, the second is when you dip it in sauce and the third is when you eat the mouse. Cries as in the squeaks from the mouse. I hope I never see live mice on a plate, never mind eat them...

Also, Monkey Brains, that's one of the cruelest things I've ever heard... Sucking the brain out of a live monkey. What are these people? ****ing zombies!? I can't believe that people would actually do that... I mean, at least with shark fin soup I understand how people can stand eating it, since you aren't directly giving an animal an agonizing death, so people tend to become distanced towards the implications of consuming Shark fin soup, but eating live animals is just... unhygienic and disturbing and really, really cruel. Even in the wild, predators kill their prey before eating them.

On a lighter note, cucumbers and ketchup, anyone? I really like it.

Edited by SoiledLove

SoiledLove, that's so disturbing! Why on earth would people do that?! I highly doubt it has some favoriete you have to have tasted, it's bad since it's filled with germs that aren't killed through the cooking process. And it's entirely unethical and just sickening to put a live creature to such a horrible death. I feel ashamed for humanity quite often..

I haven't tried cucumber with ketchup yet! Doesn't sound bad biggrin.gif

Oh, anyone here like haggis? I love it!

Yeah, well, people in China often eat different things to you westerners. It's not only in China, other places have things like that, too. It doesn't happen as often, but there are weird traditional foods like dog meat and stuff that some still eat in China.

What are haggis?

Oh, recently, I ate fried chicken and marmalade. Now THAT tasted weird...