Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

I avoid strange foods (also ethnic foods, foods that are vegetables, foods that are too spicy...the list goes on |D), but my brother used to enjoy dipping pizza in ranch AND barbecue sauce. >>

DILL PICKLE CHIPS!!

They are fantastic, trust me. Just the smell of them makes my mouth water.

o_O

Hmmm, you're right, the pancake-egg-sausage mixture sounds weird and yet I can totally see how it'd be a good combo. You'd just have to not let appearances get in the way I think, haha.

Lmao! You know them! I have had one or two of those ( my younger brother was sharing ) and wow, they DO taste like dill pickles. I think it's pretty weird for a chip, which I grew up on typical, salty-salty recipes - that was before we started getting all creative with out chip flavors, lmao! Though as a food alone, I looove it.

ff, yes! If you have enough batter or a deep-dish pan, you can make it so that the pancake is deep enough that you won't see any eggs or sausage on or near the surface: it's good for presentation, especially if you want someone to try it. xd.png

I avoid strange foods (also ethnic foods, foods that are vegetables, foods that are too spicy...the list goes on |D), but my brother used to enjoy dipping pizza in ranch AND barbecue sauce. >>

Pizza with ranch sauce is surprisingly good! Especially if you get something like bbq chicken pizza. biggrin.gif I tried it once because they kept asking me if I wanted any dips when I ordered delivery, and I've loved it ever since.

A rock hard sandwich. It was actually sort of good and I did not know what was wrong with it.

Weird things to eat:

I love sushi. Shrimp Have tried Octopus and calamri but don't care for it.

Have always loved liver even as a child it was one of my favourite meals liver.

Bannok - Native sort of a pan fried (deep fried) bread.

Mushroom.

Have tried blood soup, haggis and some other very strange foods from other areas.

Im not much one for gravy, but every once in a while I do enjoy having a poutine. ( Yes, I am Canadian I eat Poutine.) Poutine for those who don't know french fries with gravy and cheese.

Have had many forms and types of wild meat - duck, moose, deer, goose. I miss wild meat just love the flavour of it.

Edited by Ramica

Weird things to eat:

I live sushi. Shrimp Have tried Octopus and calamri but don't care for it.

Have always loved liver even as a child it was one of my favourite meals liver.

Bannok - Native sort of a pan fried (deep fried) bread.

Mushroom.

Have tried blood soup, haggis and some other very strange foods from other areas.

Im not much one for gravy, but every once in a while I do enjoy having a poutine. ( Yes, I am Canadian I eat Poutine.) Poutine for those who don't know french fries with gravy and cheese.

Have had many forms and types of wild meat - duck, moose, deer, goose. I miss wild meat just love the flavour of it.

Sushi, octopus and calamari are fairly common foods.

Liver isn't rare either.

Mushroom is an everyday food.

Duck and goose are staples of Chinese meat.

Personally, I like cheese dipped in chocolate or maple syrup. Don't know why.

Chip Pizza! (Which is Fries on Pizza) I tried it while I lived in Italy and before I tried it, I never thought that fries made a good topping on pizza, but it does!

Sushi, octopus and calamari are fairly common foods.

Liver isn't rare either.

Mushroom is an everyday food.

Duck and goose are staples of Chinese meat.

Personally, I like cheese dipped in chocolate or maple syrup. Don't know why.

That all depends I know many people who would not try sushi, calamari or octopus. Liver while it is not rare, is not a favourite food of many people, and in fact most people I know think it is gross and wouldn't eat it. Therefore it can be classified as unusual or strange IMO. smile.gif

Duck and goose might be staples of Chinese food but I am not of Asian descent, and don't normally eat a lot of Chinese food ( say once every three months) and I am talking wild meat not your domestic raised sort which is most often found in food.

Edited by Ramica

I eat mangoes....kind of unusual, I guess. And Soursop (type of fruit) but it's really hard to find. Came from my time I had a trip to the tropics and developed a taste for the fruit there! smile.gif

I tried and eat a lot of weird stuff but the weirdest.....

2 words for you,

Pig Brains

and yes it is as gross as it sounds.

Hmm... nothing extremely weird. You know what, I'll come back in a few days here and say I ate brownies made of kale. That's weird enough, right?

That all depends I know many people who would not try sushi, calamari or octopus. Liver while it is not rare, is not a favourite food of many people, and in fact most people I know think it is gross and wouldn't eat it. Therefore it can be classified as unusual or strange IMO. smile.gif

Duck and goose might be staples of Chinese food but I am not of Asian descent, and don't normally eat a lot of Chinese food ( say once every three months) and I am talking wild meat not your domestic raised sort which is most often found in food.

Well, I'm Asian, and I don't eat duck that often either. About once a month. Rice is a staple asian food. Ducks are delicious, but less common. And I love eating liver. Also, mangoes are not a strange or unusual food. Anybody tried escargots, pig intestines and ox stomach?

( OMG my mouth is literally watering thinking about ducks.)

I got my strange eating from my dad who loves to experiment. I like to make a ham sandwich with mayonnaise and mustard and in the middle put one of those oatmeal cream cookies. You would be surprised how good it tastes. I also like to buy the flavored crickets. Its not as bad as you think as long as there are flavors to it.

Is it weird to eat red kidney beans in brine straight out of the can? I don't think so but my mom is giving me strange looks. (Been indulging my random cravings lately... At least it's just beans and pickles and stuff, as opposed to my usual candy.)

I recently had a rye bread sandwich with raspberry jam, because it was all I had in the fridge at the time. Unfortunately, I would not recommend such a combination. >.<

so apparently i'm originally from an african country - morocco, to be exact - where they eat weird but good food. shark fins, home cooked dove/pigeons, rabbits (i'm so sorry, bunny-lovers), snails, and other miscellaneous things. i tried some of them, and they're actually really good (again, i'm so sorry, bunny-lovers).

our family, now in america, also makes up weird food combos, like rice with ground beef, pizza with tuna bits as toppings, and other even more tasty things.

i like weird food.

fish eyeballs.

apparently its a filipino thing, and truthfully, there disgusting and repulsive.

Congealed chucks of pig's blood is delicious.

And I'm Vietnamese. Asians eat some weird stuff. And a thing called balut I'm guilty of trying. It is cooked duck(?) eggs...with the embryo cooked inside. Don't look that up if you are easily disgusted.

It seems some people think it's weird, but I like raw carrots and raw cucumbers. I find it completely normal, but others sometimes are surprised.