Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

When I was about 12, I used to eat Flavor Snacks, you know, the dog biscuits that come in different colours. For a while, I thought they were very tasty!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ub...L500_AA300_.jpg

[*laughs* I've just realized how ironic that post is given that my avatar is a dog! xd.png ]

Edited by Lagie

I also eat shrip with the tails still on. I don't actually remember the last time I took the tail off the shrimp when I ate it.

I've also eaten dog buscuits, actually, though simply out of curiosity. I have a couple cousins who used to eat them a lot, so I wondered why they ate them so I tried some. They don't taste like that much of anything, really.

I've also had venison, which someone mentioned, though I personally consider that highly normal, but that's just my family. smile.gif

Hm... other than that, I don't really know... I like hummus, which a lot of my friends find really weird, but since the rest of my family eats it, too, I don't know that it counts as weird... not sure of anything else at the moment.

Let's see. I've had kalamari, peking duck, veal, shark and alligator jerky.

I like to eat sunflower seeds whole with the shells and I've eaten peanut shells every so often. When I was little, I think I tried dog food once.

That's as weird as my pallet's ever gotten.

edit: I just remembered Saurkraut. It's not particularly unusual, but I know many people have an aversion to it. My father calls it "an aquired taste"

Edited by Daydreamer09

The weirdest, most unconventional thing I've eaten is Arabidopsis thaliana (thale cress). I can thank my advisor for that. :D

Seriously I'll try just about anything. Except for bugs. I will never knowingly eat bugs.

I've eaten peanut shells every so often

I tried those once when I was a little kid. It made me sick. I still gag when I remember the taste.

I just gagged. D:

I also eat shrip with the tails still on. I don't actually remember the last time I took the tail off the shrimp when I ate it.

I've also eaten dog buscuits, actually, though simply out of curiosity. I have a couple cousins who used to eat them a lot, so I wondered why they ate them so I tried some. They don't taste like that much of anything, really.

I've also had venison, which someone mentioned, though I personally consider that highly normal, but that's just my family. smile.gif

i eat the legs to, the only part i wouldn't eat is the head.

doggy biscuit and venison as well, i forgot about those. my favorite is the vegetable biscuit.

i ate a cat treat once.

When I was a kid I used to eat the Birdie Egg Biscuits my grandmother kept for her parrot. They taste like vanilla wafers. I've also had mountain oysters (bull testicles), chicken liver and gizzards, morcilla (Spanish blood sausage), and ostrich burgers. I had the opportunity to try haggis once but I chickened out.

Edited by monochrome1053

OoO Now that I think about

You know those things you get in a package sometimes? Called peanuts?

I tried some one day and they were really good so I eat those now xd.png.

EDIT:And I have eaten horse food.

Edited by Ninetails

I've had meal worms, jelly fish and pigs ears. Not anything I'd like to try again...as for different food combos I love: pb&j with whipped cream or sliced banana.

And what does that taste like?

I'm going to try squid tomorrow

I would eat 3 Giga-Puddings a day... No kidding.

It's unusual...

I've had pickled peaches, venison isn't really strange. *looks at sausage* There is probably some in sausage. I've eaten cat food too. My dad has eaten bugs.

Well, there I was watching an Agatha Christie mystery who-dunnit. And the heroine who has been dumped by her fiance invites the new girl over for lunch and tea.

She goes to the store and buys white bread and two jars of paste.

What is this paste business I wondered?

She buttered the bread, smeared paste on one side, closed the sandwich and then cut it into triangles and cut the crusts off. She arranged them on the plate and that was lunch.

I had to know.

The ham paste is nice. The lobster ok. Havent been tempted by the anchovy one yet.

definitely (with an I, not an A) weird, but I like it.

cool.gif

What's with all the people eating animal food xd.png

I guess we all try it when we're little...I tried a bit of can cat food when I was about 20. It tastes exactly how it looks and smells. I've also eaten dog biscuits. The Three dog Bakery ones can be quite interesting as cookies.

Some things I forgot: deer jerkey (and heart), alligator, cow brain...? I think I tried that, squid-fried, dried, and steamed; snail, and these things

user posted image

Which is normal to eat where I live.

Ah, I tried roach food once.

Which isn't as bad as it sounds. it is mostly fruits and stuff in a jelly cube.

user posted image

Okra? : D deep-fry those suckers or pop em in a pot of gumbo, they're good!

I've tried Beggin' Strips before. Those dog treats? Yeah, tastes a lot like bacon. Well... perhaps bacon-flavored jerky. Kinda weird, really.

user posted image

Okra is good. We grow a lot of that in our garden. Mom wants to plant even more next year and sell some of it, as it goes for a lot.

Mmm okra<3

I have eaten meal worms(dead), earthworms(dead), chocolate covered baked crickets, elk jerky, Goat spinal cord, a raw fish heart(very fresh), and an sip of very very very very old soda. The only thing on that list I will never try again is old soda, because soda isn't meant to be chunky...

I tried chicken foot once, when I was overseas. It was rather interesting.