RheaZen

Photography

Ah, I've never tried any Sony cameras. That just makes me more curious, as I don't know how well they work at all tongue.gif I'm quite sure you'll be happy with your new camera too. After all, no matter what camera you end up with, it will be a great improvement from a simple compact camera smile.gif Shooting with a dSLR is so much more fun ^^

Thanks Nimrodel, and oh you don't have to tell me how fun they are! I always shoot with my friends step mothers, which really made me fall in love with photography more. It's a Canon, and I always get tips from her and she lets me use it all the time.

I'd shoot pictures of her dog, and of her stepdaughter playing soccer with her other lens so I could take machine gun shots. It's amazing how fun photography is!

Oh, you're lucky to have someone you can borrow a camera from, then smile.gif I'd never really used a dSLR properly before I bought my first one. I just figured that I really wanted to get some more opportunities than I had with my little compact. It was a great decision for me, as I've never been close to tiring of photography at all. Spending more to get a fancier camera was totally worth it smile.gif

I'm taking photography as a class at my High School, and I love it!

We are learning to take and develop black and white film into prints. My camera is a 30 year old Cannon A-1 which I got from my grandpa. I love that camera to death!

*revives thread*

I was playing around with photoshop, editing some of my older photos and just had to share them with someone so I figured there must be a photography thread here somewhere. tongue.gif

First of all, I have a Canon Rebel XT. It was my mom's so when she passed away it became mine. It's a rather nice camera, although I do need to get a better lens for it.

When I get the picture taking bug, it bites hard and I'll spend all day taking pictures of random things until I get the right picture.

This one I took quite a few months ago. Played around with it in phtoshop and ended up with This. I'm quite fond of it.

Then there's This. Took this at Whale Beach in Jersey. It looks better smaller IMO.

This one is of my grandfather's dog. I've always loved this picture for some reason.

And I really like this old photo effect on This picture. It looks... right.

So, I want so see some of your favorite photos you guys have taken! I know from the photography contests that there are some really good photographers here. smile.gif

Thanks for the reviving, tikigurl, this is a thread I'm gonna stalk...

I love photography. I got my first camera when I became 9 years old (my very first pic was one of my birthday cake biggrin.gif) from my parents, who were both hobby-photographers. It was a small semi-automatic analog camera. I then gradually upgraded until I had a Pentax SLR.

Then in 2003 I went digital with a Konica Minolta A2, and the hobby just exploded as now it didn't cost anything anymore to take pictures, only if I want to print something.

And now I have a Canon 450D which I'm very happy about, with a 18-200mm Canon zoom and a 100mm Canon Macro, and thinking over an offer for a 2nd hand Peleng fisheye...

For those interested in buying a new camera, this site has great in-depth reviews! Dpreview

They do get very technical but if you're not that technical it's helpful to read the first and last page of each review, the introduction and the conclusion. They also compare a lot of the similar models.

As for photo's, I don't have many of them on the net, I started making a website once but it got lost due to a harddrive crash (thank god my pics weren't on that drive...) and i haven't found the time to make it again...

But here's a link to my webspace where you can find some I put there to link for various reasons: link

I'll get back to you if I finally manage to get some more online biggrin.gif

I totally wrote this big thing, and Internet decided to stop working. D:<

Anyway, in a nutshell, what I said was I don't have a fancy camera, it's digital. I don't ususally take pictures, but when I'm taking one for the photography contest, I'll stay outside and take more pictures, usually of flowers. These are some of my favorites I've taken:

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h430/g...007/057-1-1.jpg

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h430/g...007/049-1-1.jpg

No edits involved smile.gif Does anyone know how to remove the date for future reference? Because it kinda gets in the way....

Awesome pictures~

Say... what kind of camera is the best kind to take good, clear shots? I'm finding that my digital one takes a lot of really grainy pictures, and I was wondering about other types. I think I've heard of the ones where it is actually reflecting lenses; I've tried a few, but I can't find a good one.

Hi! I'm new to the drag cave forums. I am a photographer and I'm glad to see this thread here! smile.gif

Here's my blog: www.alyciacreative.wordpress.com

I'm trying to get into weddings and stuff, but I'm not very good at it yet. I'm more of a fashion and art photographer. We'll see how it goes. smile.gif

Awesome pictures~

Say... what kind of camera is the best kind to take good, clear shots? I'm finding that my digital one takes a lot of really grainy pictures, and I was wondering about other types. I think I've heard of the ones where it is actually reflecting lenses; I've tried a few, but I can't find a good one.

It depends, what camera do you have? The grain tends to come from how the ISO is set. Even expensive cameras can take grainy pics.

-----------

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aerohail/ My flickr where all my pics (and more) go.

I take photos of dolls, toys and cats mainly. Portraiture and plants tend to bore me and my camera is not good enough for nice landscapes (Or rather, I cant get lenses for it for landscapes)

I have a Fujifilm, Finepix S5700 and it's pretty good but lacking. I intend to upgrade to an SLR at somepoint next year.

I'd like more control over my focus and such. And lenses. >w< Basically I wanna spend less time photo shopping pics to be presentable and more time actually taking pics!

It depends, what camera do you have? The grain tends to come from how the ISO is set. Even expensive cameras can take grainy pics.

Fujifilm, Finepix S1800. I'm not that knowledgeable of cameras, so I don't know how to set my ISO. tongue.gif

Fujifilm, Finepix S1800. I'm not that knowledgeable of cameras, so I don't know how to set my ISO. tongue.gif

Looks like you can set your ISO as low as 64, which is great - very low grain. You won't be able to use that low of an ISO for high action shots, but if you're not doing sports photography, I don't think you'd really need it to be faster than 100-200 anyway.

Here's a review of your camera on a photo blog. smile.gif

Looks like you can set your ISO as low as 64, which is great - very low grain. You won't be able to use that low of an ISO for high action shots, but if you're not doing sports photography, I don't think you'd really need it to be faster than 100-200 anyway.

Here's a review of your camera on a photo blog. smile.gif

Aww, thanks for the help~ I'm gonna try and learn more about taking pictures, and hopefully be as good as you all soon. >8D

I absolutely love photography! I have no idea what type of camera I use, I just use my dad's old one......

I like to take pics of my cats, or anything about nature.

Do you guys like close ups or getting the whole picture?

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=49680...0.1&disp=thd&zw <-- My fav picture of all time! RIP I miss you Juliet sad.gif

Close-ups are my favourite when it comes to flowers and objects~ It's always prettier when you capture a smaller perspective of it.

Then again, landscapes are best to take a picture of for the whole thing. I love placing things off-center, too. It makes things more interesting.

I've never really been interested in photography until this past March when I had to take a class for my major. I bought myself a nice new Canon point and shoot. I can play with the aperture, shutter speed, ISO and white balance. It's awesome! biggrin.gif

I am OBSESSED with taking photos and editing them. >w<

I don't really care what kind of camera it is.. I just use whatever I can get my hands on (Usually my phone. xd.png )

I like closeups as they're hard to make look bad, but I do think it's sort of a safety net. If I take a picture of a dolls face (example) I dont have to worry much about the pose or what the rest of the body is doing. If I take a close up of a flower (examples) I don't have to worry about what's in the background.

Things like full body shots, landscapes etc are technically harder because you cant just stick it on macro and take the photo. It's often hard to get what you want to focus on in focus and sometimes you cant control what's going on in the background.

Edited by oOnyaOo