RheaZen

Photography

I noticed plenty of threads about the photography contest, but didn't spot any on photography in general.

So - do you take photographs? What of? What camera?

Do you think that photography has become too wide-spread and has become "diluted"?

Also, some awesome links:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100915.html

http://www.richard-seaman.com/index.html

http://www.petapixel.com/2010/08/31/the-am...der-augusteijn/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7519633@N08

http://sankarsridhar.com/publish/index.php?x=browse

I, as I suppose some here have understood already, absolutely love photography. I started out with a FujiFilm FinePix A350 compact camera, before I advanced and bought a Canon EOS 400D which I used frequently for two years before I bought my lovely Canon EOS 5D Mark II earlier this year ^^

This is really my one, great hobby. I've been doing other small stuff now and then, but it's photography that has really become my thing, that I just never stop thinking of and doing. I really enjoy it immensely. I start to get grumpy if it takes too much time between my photo opportunities (like these days ..), I suppose I'm really addicted tongue.gif It's nature related pictures that I enjoy doing. Macro, flowers, droplets, scenery - that kind of thing. Not architecture things, though I'd rather do that than portraits. Pictures of people really do not appeal to me. I'm trying to make myself practice it, as it's nice to be able to take a decent portrait, but I just find it so boring that I find myself hunting down those flowers again and again instead of practicing portraits. Oh well.

About photography being wide spread, I really don't mind. The main thing for me is that I've found something that I really like doing smile.gif

I take several pictures. Currently, my camera of choice is a Kodak Easy Share Z710, a digital camera that I've had for the past couple of years.

I'll take photos of anything that looks like it would make for a nice picture, and of course family, friends, and pets.

Too lazy to bother checking what my camera is. I take pictures of small critters (bugs), somewhat larger critters, trees, sky, whatever catches my fancy (usually nature-themed things).

i've been getting into photography ever since my dad's friend gave us our Canon Rebel T1i. We were just getting used to it and all, but I play with it more xd.png

I also do nature-themed things, or money and stuff. I've been trying to take a decent landscape picture for a while, but nothing is good xd.png Portraits aren't my thing either, sadly.

... Macro is what I usually go for. I can give several pics of those dandelions. xd.png

Go herez for my pictures tongue.gif I dont know what camera I have but Ive been interested in photography for as long as I can remember

I love photography, its a real passion of mine. I have a Canon EOS 400D digital, which i simply adore. You can find most of my photography on my DA, which is linked in my signature.

I enjoy photographing animals most, they are such dynamic leetle things with big personalities which draws in for a great photo. Plus I have millions of the buggers, so theres always something to take a photo of. I have done a few scenery shots, but its the animal shots that really capture my interest.

If it is possible, I take my camera! I have a Canon EOS 450D, a present from my father (he bought a Sony for himself, and remembered his daughters love to take photos aswell.. sleep.gif ).

My snakes are victims of me all the time tongue.gif

But I love nature (especially the sea!) and birds of prey. Whenever I go on vacation, my camera is there with me.

Here you can take a look at some photos I made. I still have to complete it xd.png

Photography is also a great hobby of mine. wink.gif

My first camera was an Olympus analog cam which I still own (makes beautiful pics).

My first steps in digital photography was a Rollei compact camera which I took everywhere I went and which still is a great companion during concerts. smile.gif

This year I made a dream come true and bought my first digital DSLR, a Canon EOE 1000d which I love to bits.

As most of you, I am on DA as well:

http://tarjina.deviantart.com/gallery/

I've been relatively inactive in photography for the last 1,5 years.

Anyway, I own a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ8 with 12x optical zoom, which is a spiffy lightweight camera for traveling and moderately nice nature shots, and a dSLR - Canon 1000D, for which I only have two ****ty lenses. I'd love to buy a macro lens, but I simply don't see that happening in the nearest time. /is poor D:

Since noone else has mentioned this, I'll note that if you plan on buying a dSLR, it in itself won't make nice photos instantly. It's the lens that matters when using a dSLR.

Edited by lightbird

Oh, I feel like specifying after reading SickThing's post. My compact camera wasn't my first one, I had used two cameras before that. Both a "family owned" camera, and my very own non-digital camera. I took (considering the cost of developing the pictures and all) way too many pictures with those. Getting my hands on a digital camera was an immense improvement tongue.gif

Well, I recently went to vancouver. In a car. A lot of them are jiggley, car photos. But I also have some that stopped on the way. You can see some here

I took a lot more, but these are the ones I liked the most. I especially like the chipmunk smile.gif

I have a Fujifilm S5800. I....think.

Edited by lachrymation

Well, I recently went to vancouver. In a car. A lot of them are jiggley, car photos. But I also have some that stopped on the way. You can see some here

I took a lot more, but these are the ones I liked the most. I especially like the chipmunk smile.gif

I have a Fujifilm S5800. I....think.

That chipmunk really is adorable ^^

i really lurve photography.

i try to take pictures (with my cellfone sad.gif ) but it dosent turn out quite the way i wants...

im saving for a photography camera, what would you recommend? (this seemed the right thread to ask...)

awesome pics, btw!

@sapphiredragon73: Pictures taken with a cellphone rarely turns out to be the most awesome shots, in my experience. If you want to get into photography, it really is a very good idea to get hold of a proper camera. If I were you, I'd consider how much I could spend on a camera, and head off to the almighty Google to search for some tests. Practically every camera has plenty of tests and reviews floating around on the internet. It's nice to know what people who owns a camera thinks of it before you buy it smile.gif

@sapphiredragon73: Pictures taken with a cellphone rarely turns out to be the most awesome shots, in my experience. If you want to get into photography, it really is a very good idea to get hold of a proper camera. If I were you, I'd consider how much I could spend on a camera, and head off to the almighty Google to search for some tests. Practically every camera has plenty of tests and reviews floating around on the internet. It's nice to know what people who owns a camera thinks of it before you buy it smile.gif

same w/ the cellphone.

thanks for the advice!

*heads off to google*

I absolutely love photography! I am getting a Digital SLR Camera next month. But I found a great hobby in taking pictures of my pets, friends, and surroundings. I am not on my mac right now, so I can't share my photos but one of my favorites I've taken is of my dog Cody (my avatar) and I took it with my Sony Digital Camera.

I think my photography will improve as time goes on, but it truly is a passion of mine.

@Passii: What camera are you thinking of buying?

I have no doubt that you photography will improve. I know mine has. It's interesting to browse through my pictures and see how different they look, even when the motive is the same.

Since I am a beginner, I'm looking as some Canon and Nikon camera's recommended by some of my friends and reviewers. I've done my homework, and found so many fascinating camera's!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6466...00_12_3_MP.html

Is an example.

I'm looking for one with High Sensitivity, Image Stabilization, Creative Style settings, flash, and a built in lens.

I do plan on upgrading to a better camera as my photography improves, but whatever I do purchase I will indeed be happy with my choice no matter what.