CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

AC II fails:

Climbed to the top of one of the highest viewpoints, it was in Venice/Venezia I believe, and forgot to synchronize before jumping off (rushed it cause it took me several tries to even get there). If that wasn't enough, the leap of faith I took happened to end up with Ezio slamming into the pavement, feet first. I even missed the cart of hay by a few in game meters (when I jumped I didn't see where the cart of hay was, so I jumped into a random direction).

When I first started the game, money was naturally tight. Decided to spend around 2000f on dying Ezio's outfit. Changed my mind not long after, thinking that if I bought a specific dye I'd be able to change back free of charge, naturally I was wrong (spent 2500f when I only had to spend 500f). Had to steal money to heal at the start of the next sequence.

Also missions where being detected is followed by auto de-synchronization, I lost count how many attempts some of them took me. Sequence 13 mission 6 was annoying. >_>

Black Ops:

Somehow, I have no idea how it happened, but I managed to stick myself with a semtex. Looking back on the theatre mode, some sort of wave of lag made me jump forwards into my own semtex after I threw it.

Black Ops:

Somehow, I have no idea how it happened, but I managed to stick myself with a semtex. Looking back on the theatre mode, some sort of wave of lag made me jump forwards into my own semtex after I threw it.

Thats not a fail. That should be an Achievement

Accidentally quicksaving the game instead of loading it on Tomb Raider: Revelation when Lara was in the middle of a fatal fall. And it was my only game file. I was young and stupid at the time and it's the only real game fail I can remember really standing out as a "WHY" moment. tongue.gif

Black Ops:

Well I was playing multiplayer online and my teammates were in front of me trying to keep the zombies out. So I was wondering if you could kill your own teammate in friendly fire.. So I shot one dude in the head with a sniper.. and he died..

And I was like "Oops..."

xP

Dragon Age Origins (for the fifth time until I can buy the second)

I was walking around doing pretty much nothing except making a few people mad on purpose. I got attacked by someone (forgot who) and I ended up killing them. I went to my tent to heal and I clicked on my dog Sparky. He went to a cutscene with Morrigan... I laughed so hard when she gave him some food that I exited out of my camp without knowing and got beat by an Ogre a few seconds later after a dragon had stunned me in a forest.

I yelled something at my tv and started over, only to find that my startover save thing was three cities behind where I wanted it xd.png I ended up erasing the wrong save...

Minecraft:

I was making a video of my house... I ended up falling off a cliff and dying.

I made the third part of the video and fell off the opposite end of the cliff that had a lava-fall. I was more surprised I didn't die by lava xd.png

A not-very-recent one that I just remembered:

I was playing on Minecraft SMP with a friend, and we went mining. Eventually, we called it quits and decided to go back to the surface. She had basically no items (as she had died recently), so I pushed her into a lava pit so she would respawn on the surface and I could TP to her. After a few seconds, I figure she had died, so I typed in the TP command.

As it turns out, she was still in the lava pit. I teleported into the lava with her and I died, naturally. I was probably carrying some diamonds. Totally deserved it, though. :|

Edited by Switch

In World of Warcraft, playing a Battleground, I was killed while jumping. The result: My corpse was floating in the air. Very fun.

When I was little, I got stuck in Pokemon Silver, because I thought touching whirlpools resets your game and kills you...

In Jet Force: Gemini, I was in Mizar's Palace (I think) as Juno. I could not for the life of me figure out how to get across this pool of lava. After wandering around for about 5 hours spread across 2 1/2 days, I decided to jump in and see what happens. Turns out, Juno can walk in lava. -.-

I'm not sure if this is a win or a fail.

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of Sky; I drew a silver ticket at the recycle shop. It was a loss, so I got a regular prize ticket as a consolation prize. I drew that ticket next, and it won. My prize was a silver ticket. blink.gif

Ok, it's more win than fail, the silver ticket got ma a Joy Ribbon.

Also, earlier, in Spinda's Cafe, I was figuring out what the various possible hidden effects different food items could have.

Apparently drinking a grimy food shake makes the nearest araidos parent disown their egg and give it to you.

Most recent fail:

I'm killing Skags while playing Borderlands, I'm on a cliff where they can't get me but kind of far away so i can really only snipe them.

I look down and see what looks like a ledge, so I figure I can still kill them from safety but a little closer. Nope. The ledge was totally accessible, and got three ways till Sunday'ed by a Bad___ Skag, a few Adults, some Spitters, and a whelp.

I was playing Portal 2 on Sunday and reached the large room where you hear Cave Johnson's voice for the first time. I was stuck in that room for over an hour. I knew where I needed to go, but had no idea how to get there.

I had to look it up on the internet and when I saw how simple the solution was I BSOD'd.

Years ago, I was playing Barbie Horse Adventures and discovered a glitch that was both horrifying and hilarious. xd.png Somehow I ended up eternally falling to my death with a black background. The rider still had a creepy, blank smile, and the horse was still trying to walk. o___o laugh.gif

I think this is more of a win instead of a fail, but I was playing BO again. I saw on the UAV that a couple enemies were about to run around a corner, so I threw a sticky grenade. Just as I threw it, a team-mate jumped down from the window above me and got stuck with my semtex. Not even knowing it, he rushed over to the enemies and my grenade got a double kill . :3

Woo. Teamwork.

Minecraft related:

Made a wooden house at bedrock level, had a kitchen made of wood, my bedroom with wood walls and wool floor, etc.

I thought *Why not make a pool?* so I decided to make it outside, I broke a stone in the wall and I turn away to enter home because I had forgotten my diamond pickaxe.

When I go back to the yard to keep expanding it, I find that I broke a block that stopped the lava flow to my house, it completely burned sad.gif

Since that day I build my houses of dirt.

Also in Minecraft, I found a drop into a lava pit at the end of a cavern tunnel and made a mental note to avoid it. I should have put up a wall because as I was mining out a vein of lapis, another lava pool started pouring into the tunnel, and I ran backwards into the lava pit and died. >__>

old n64 game, conker's bad fur day:

me and my friend were playing the "total war" multiplayer game and we were on the same team. we were sitting outside the enemies' base with our guns and one of them came out suddenly and scared us. my friend had no time to react and the enemy squirrel had his pistol's laser pointed on her, about to shoot-and-kill, but i tried being a hero and randomly shot my bazooka missle...which blew her up instead of him. then he shot my head off.

fail. we like to fail in that game. it's just too funny when we do.

I was playing a mobile MMORPG, Order and Chaos on my phone when I accidentally use a range attack in a PvP area. And then a high level with auto attack kills me. Fail.

And then in The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, I was on the Destroyer level, and running and flying everywhere for hours looking for the last dark crystal. Only then do I realize there's a tunnel there. *facepalm*

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Was playing Resident Evil 5 (PC version) yesterday, Chapter 5-3. Vs. Wesker.

I was just playing around with him, making him 'dance' for me and stuff like that... then I decided to try something funny. I tried to shoot him with my rocket launcher, just to see what would happen.

Aimed just a little bit too low, and BOOM!

I shot myself.

*facepalm*

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: The boss of the Sea of Trees, I had a purple "double" link, and I thought that the purple flower that the boss had was natural, I didn't know I was supposed to attack it tongue.gif

Majora's Mask: Not a fail on my part, but a fail on the game producer's part. The sign in Romani Ranch says: "Welcome to Kakariko Village" in Jappanese.

Pokemon White: Lost 10 times to Geechisu thinking that Hydreigon was a Ghost type, not a Dark type. All that time, I didn't use a fighting type move when I could...

Minecraft:

Fighting off several monsters, whooping butt like an MLG, feeling unstoppable. Then, out of nowhere, my face gets derped on by a zombie and I die.

The Elemental Creepers mod. I was poking around in a dungeon, saw an electric creeper, then proceeded to kill it. Unfortunately, it went ghost creeper on my buttocks. Instakill. Full set o' diamond armor lost.

Using the Yogbox. I was poking around in the Nether for a while before I thought 'I wonder what a crystal wing does here?'.

Apparently, it teleports you to the bottom of the lava.

Died in a ravine, went to get my stuff, died by falling.

Hmmm...Minecraft seems to be a fail generator.

Battlefield 3:

Okay look, when there's a tank outside, and you don't have a rocket launcher, the only thing you can do is run and hide. So I hid inside a building, hoping that the tank didn't see me. I was crouching down thinking "OgodOgodOgod..." Just when I thought I was safe, it blows up the wall behind me ("Ahhhh! Ogodhelpme ;-;"), exposing me to a line of enemies, who shot me to pieces. -__-

Also in BF3:

If you sneak up behind an enemy and stab them, you can do this cinematic-kind-of special move and steal their dog tags, but every time I do, I get riiiight up to them, just about to take them out, only to be shot in the back of the head by a team-mate...