CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

I had a couple of "good" fails recently. Both of these are from Diablo 2.

Fail the first: Killed Baal in normal difficulty, then spent a bunch of time leveling up so I could move my character to Nightmare difficulty. I get up to about level 37 and switch to Nightmare. I wander around the Blood Plains (first area of the game) and get killed by a unique Quill Rat. At least I didn't get killed by a Fallen. >.<

Fail the second: Was doing Cow runs (in single player), this was to level my character for the above Nightmare difficulty. The red portal spits me out right next to the Cow King. I run away and go kill other cows. My stupid mercenary however, stays back a bit and kills the Cow King. >.< For those who don't know, once you kill the Cow King you can't open a portal to the secret cow level on the difficulty any more.

I'm almost afraid to tell all of my fails.

Pokemon: Found a shiny murkrow. Use thirty plus ultra balls on it before I run out. This thing was level twelve.

Dragon Age: Got ambushed by zombies a million times before I realized that the reason I kept dying was because I had my game on hard. I change it to easy and BAM they all die.

-SPOILER-

In my first playthrough, I couldn't get Alistair to accept Morrigan's offer, so she leaves. I go into the archdemon fight with Wynne (who refused to heal), myself (a mage), Alistair and Zevran (because someone needs to stand around or lie dead and look pretty). Anyway, I finish the Archdemon fight in one try, then sacrifice myself. I count that as a fail.

Also, in Awakening, I didn't realize until after I got Nate's approval maxed out that there was no romance in the game. I was so disappointed it was not funny.

Oblivion: I fail so much at the game I don't even attempt to play. It's that bad.

Hands down, Sonic Zero Gravity.

JUST dont do it.

More up to date game? Phantasy Star Universe 2

Holy Crap that game is horrible. My brother beat it in about 2 weeks. And he only played it about 5 hours a week. >:|

Halo 3 this guy killed me twice (my team mate) so i did the same intending to stop after two kills. I had the sniper and found a enemy right next to the guy, intending to make him feel like a dick and save him I ran up jumped as the enemy jumped and took a headshot on the enemy. Unfortunately from my angle his head was right in front of my team mates. Kicked for betrayal.

SoulSilver: Oh look, shiny Girafferig! Hmm, my Haunter's ten levels too high to fight it, but my Togetic's fifteen levels too low... Maybe if I use her weakest attack, Dark Pulse... Wait a second, PSYCHIC TYPES ARE WEAK AGAINST DARK ATTACKS! *Critical hit* *Giraffarig dies* Why, Haunter, why?! *Whimper*

I was trying out how to dodge but I was getting beat up in Legend of Zelda, The Wind Waker...

"Use your sword."

"... OH! I forgot about that..." *dies*

My last game of Achron was an epic fail. It was Grekim vs Grekim and I chronorushed while the other guy went for an econ build. He held me off, but I didn't cancel the rush. Then he rushed cloaked air and killed me 'cause I had no detection.

Any Tomb Raider game:

Player:"Okay Laura... We need to do this right... Almost there... Just jump, grab, and climd up and the level is ours... JUMP!!!!"

Laura: "You said fall to my death right? ON IT!!! >:)"

Where do I start? xd.png

Pokemon Diamond-

I accidentally used my MasterBall on a Mime Jr....

I let my brother play on my file, and he fainted Azelf.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-

On my first playthrough, I thought that blocks could only be pushed and could not pulled, so I was stuck in the Dodongo's Cavern for like 2 months because I couldn't figure out how to put the block on a switch.

I thought that Ruto was sooo annoying in Jabu-Jabu's Belly so I didn't bring her with me, but then I needed to set her on another switch towards the end of the dungeon so I had to go all the way back and pick her up.

Water Temple...'nuff said... I was stuck there for a year!

LoZ: Twilight Princess-

The first time Link is stuck in wolf form, and Midna wants you to get her a sword and a shield, I couldn't figure out how to get into Rusl's house. Took me an hour, and it turns out I just had to use 'senses' and find the spot where I could dig under the wall.

Lakebed Temple...again. xC

Bioshock- When I ran out of all my ammo and tried to take on a Big Daddy with only the wrench.

Halo & SSBB- too many to list... I refuse to play them with my brother anymore.

LoZ: Twilight Princess-

The first time Link is stuck in wolf form, and Midna wants you to get her a sword and a shield, I couldn't figure out how to get into Rusl's house. Took me an hour, and it turns out I just had to use 'senses' and find the spot where I could dig under the wall.

Same for me sadly.

monster hunter tri fail when i first started playing online. i was used to getting all my supply's from camp so i went in 3 times in a damn row with nothing (so no whet stones or potions, which is freaking basic 101). needless to say they got pissed.

Pokemon White: "Oh, hi Cynthia! Sure I'll battle you! Wait... your Pokemon are levels 75-77 and mine are 63-65... and two of them are just level 20 HM slaves... this isn't good." blink.gif

Edit: Spoiler whited

Edited by Mitesla

I remember once I accidentally fell into the bog in "Swamp Fever" of L4D2's versus mode before I could even spawn.

When I started playing MHtri online. Was hunting a Pecu when one of my team mates yells run Jho is coming. Did not know what they where talking about so I paid no mind. This freaking huge thing that took over half of my TV screen killed me in two hits. Fear the Jho !!!

Any fighting game where I get repeatedly hammered by a button-mashing 6-year-old. Yeah. I'm talking about YOU, Soul Calibur 2. dry.gif

Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2.

Just... cant figure them out. They confuse me to no end.

Okay, I got a few...

Portal 2:

Wheatley: Turrets!

Me: What? Where!? O_O;

*gets shot to death*

*respawn*

*sees one measly turret*

Me: ...*headdesk* >///<;

~

*walking on light bridge*

Me: Hmm, I need to get over there to get a cube... ._.

*shoots wrong portal*

Me: OHCRAP. 0_o

*falls to death*

~

Me: MUST. GET. CUBE! D8

*tries to take cube with me*

Me: Nuu! I can't reach it! Wait...That gives me an idea! 8D

*tries overly complex plan over and over again*

Half an hour later...

Me: It's no use. I can't get hiiim! D;

*literally walks into overly-obvious solution*

Me: Oh...That's a portal surface...Heh. ^^;

Any Tomb Raider game:

Player:"Okay Laura... We need to do this right... Almost there... Just jump, grab, and climd up and the level is ours... JUMP!!!!"

Laura: "You said fall to my death right? ON IT!!! >:)"

Ahahahahahahahahahaha x'D I feel your paaain.

Totally unrelated: I played Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas just to run around killing civilians.

Also, my guilty pleasure: hunting video games.

And I want to be a vet. >>

Me: Oh...That's a portal surface...Heh. ^^;

That. xd.png Quite a few times.

Video game fails for me:

Little Big Planet 2: I was an idiot during this Jugle level. I was going through the jungle, and I missed this sign that said 'Danger! Jump!'. Becuase I didn't see the sign, my character fell and was shocked with electricity. Then my character died, and I had to start all over again. sleep.gif

AVATAR: Another "D'OH" moment was when I was playing AVATAR. My na'vi character was running through the forest in search of some sacred harmonic, and I didn't hear the RDA humans screaming and grabbing their guns. Apparently, they had spotted my na'vi character and started shooting him in the back... Before I could even turn around and fight back, my character died. blink.gif

Smachdown VS. Raw 2011: This one was pretty upsetting, because this video game fail happened during a championship match! So, my character was fighting Randy Orton for the world heavy weight championship. I was doing pretty good, until my mom called me during the game and I got distracted. During my distraction, Randy Orton grabbed my character and threw him into the crowd, and then ran into the ring as the ref started to count to 10. My character was so slow, they didn't get up in time, and Randy Orton one because of a 10 count.. dry.gif

So yes, all my video game fails were quite upsetting. xd.png

I hardly ever fail, unless it's on purpose for laughs.

But there is one thing,

I own a copy of kirby's dreamland for gameboy,

This was the game from before copy abilities, before meta knight, when it was all just suck in, spit out, suck in, spit out, suck in, spit out, suck in, spit out, suck in, spit out, ....

ANYWAY, the gamecard somehow got corrupted so that the boss Krakow (that spiky thundercloud thing with lazers that spat out waddle doos and waddle dees) spams the user posted image out of the dive attack.

It hurts when a spiky thundercloud crashes into you.

Edited by sailing101