CrypticAsterisk

Portal

Do you have a registered Steam account? If problems are still popping up, I'd recommend checking out the steampowered forums, bound to be something there.

It's free until the 20th though, so I'd definitely suggest anyone who hasn't gotten it yet go hit up that offer =P

I was trying to register, but an error popped up and now I can't use the username I wanted. I made an account for the... what's it called, some sort of Steam error reporting system, and made a note there.

Hopefully it'll be gotten to by the 20th.

I was just about to come say something about that. :B Silly ninja Rhea.

I got the demo of Portal a while ago and I've played it twice, but I'm really excited that the whole game is free for a bit.

/craptheregoesmyweekend

Downloaded it yesterday since Steam put up the original for free for a couple days. I'm stuck in the 18th chamber :I

So am I. It's a doozy.

... I should be studying stuff, but noooo, Portal has to come along and... yeah.

The 18th chamber of Portal is the worst part of the game. But it makes sense as it's close to the last part of the game.

Anyways, I bought Portal a while back, maybe 3 or 4 months ago. It's one of my top favorite games, along with Portal 2.

(I apologize in advance for the caps.)

I do not have the game(s). I cannot buy the games. I learned of GLaDOS. I learned of GLaDOS's witty remarks. I learned of Portal. I learned of Still Alive. I loved all of it. I watched a LP of Portal. I LOVED it. I watched a LP of Portal 2. I LOVED IT. I heard Want You Gone. WHY CAN I NOT GET THIS GAME?! I HATE THIS FINANCIAL SITUATION.

Conclusion: I now idolize GLaDOS. Yes. I idolize the villain. She's that awesome. Oh, and Wheatly and Chell rule, too. And the turrets, I love the turrets. So dang cute for lethal training weapons.

Porrtal is a pretty cool game.I had it and i really liked it...then i lost it and i am not at liberty to say how.... ninja.gif

I came up with a theory:

In the beginning of Portal 2, you hear that "999999" thing, but you can clearly notice that when the Announcer says "Good morning", it sounds a bit defective, and, if you notice, when computer programs crash, it is usually followed by the repeating of the sound being played during the crash. Especially in old/malfunctioning computers.

So maybe it's not 999999 years but only 9 years?

Any thoughts on this?

Also, Portal and Portal 2 are awesome. The soundtrack is amazing, the mysterious feel of the Aperture Labs, the perfectly-planned plot, pretty much of everything in the game.

Oh, and lemons. Lots 'o' lemons. xd.png

Also, Lab Rat is the best comic EVER.

I'm looking forward to get a official copy of Portal 2. (Mine does not work co-op v_v)

Basically, Portal is a must-have for anyone. I'm actually trying to learn 3D modeling so i can make a Space Core for Orbiter... For the lol of it. xd.png

The characters are all incredible, and GLaDOS, lol, she's probably the century's game character. Wheatley is hilarious, and Space Core, too. Oh, and the Turrets. xd.png

"Are you still there?" tongue.gif

I was going to say that Portal and Portal 2 are my favorite games, even over Orbiter, but that's rather obvious. xd.png

Edited by OrbiterSpore

I came up with a theory:

In the beginning of Portal 2, you hear that "999999" thing, but you can clearly notice that when the Announcer says "Good morning", it sounds a bit defective, and, if you notice, when computer programs crash, it is usually followed by the repeating of the sound being played during the crash. Especially in old/malfunctioning computers.

So maybe it's not 999999 years but only 9 years?

Any thoughts on this?

Also, Portal and Portal 2 are awesome. The soundtrack is amazing, the mysterious feel of the Aperture Labs, the perfectly-planned plot, pretty much of everything in the game.

Oh, and lemons. Lots 'o' lemons. xd.png

Also, Lab Rat is the best comic EVER.

I'm looking forward to get a official copy of Portal 2. (Mine does not work co-op v_v)

Basically, Portal is a must-have for anyone. I'm actually trying to learn 3D modeling so i can make a Space Core for Orbiter... For the lol of it. xd.png

The characters are all incredible, and GLaDOS, lol, she's probably the century's game character. Wheatley is hilarious, and Space Core, too. Oh, and the Turrets. xd.png

"Are you still there?" tongue.gif

I was going to say that Portal and Portal 2 are my favorite games, even over Orbiter, but that's rather obvious. xd.png

Nine years is much too soon for the amount of overgrowth and destruction inside Aperture.

sdfghjk chamber eighteeeeeeeen.

I'm in the big chamber with the 4 turrets and revolving energy pellet shooter trying to figure out how to activate the moving platform. And what happens after that IDK. |D

LOL NVM I BEAT IT.

Didn't get to really enjoy the ending, computer was lagging so dialogue was even more stutter-y than it was supposed to be.

I died once because the rocket wouldn't hit GLaDOS. (Totally the rocket's fault.) For like 4 minutes. And it was really funny because /as I died/ she was doing the fake-coughing-from-neurotoxin line.

I'm hearing about people beating the game in like 2, 3, 4 hours and I'm sitting here having played for like 9. >>

Edited by NixAyum

Nine years is much too soon for the amount of overgrowth and destruction inside Aperture.

user posted image

You Made Your Point

But still, according to some speculations, any structure would be weathered/covered by vegetation/etc beyond recognition in 999999 years.

Not that i'm saying Aperture is a fragile complex, or even that my theory may be accurate, but that's just an observation from my opinion.

I died once because the rocket wouldn't hit GLaDOS. (Totally the rocket's fault.) For like 4 minutes. And it was really funny because /as I died/ she was doing the fake-coughing-from-neurotoxin line.
You mean this one? xd.png Edited by OrbiterSpore