TJ09

2010-09-15 - Forum Updates

Funny. What's wrong about c..p? It's related with crab and derives actually from Krapfen and means originally a small filled bread or doughnut... well admitted: it looks like horsedroppings, if you fry it too long... blink.gif

It replaced the too vulgar 's..t' in a more elevated style of conversation, and is actually deminuing the original meaning just like the expression 'sheet', or 'fig' instead of 'f..k' - the f-word is a highly interesting by itself, since its original meaning was 'hitting, beating with a stick' and it was used to replace a more vulgar word of the germanic language that meant sexual rape... - just like 'arse' actually is the elevated word litterally meaning 'arc' of the body, or from latin arx, fortress, suggesting something solid and voluminous... while 'ass' is originally a donkey or mule, refering to their often also large behinds...

linguistical saltos and changes of meaning and the censoring of originally harmless words are an interesting study of their own... xd.png

well, it would selfunderstandingly help the progress of language if people were forced to talk around inflationally used insults:

'it is a semi-moist product of your intestines' is certainly more adequate and speaks of applied culture... rolleyes.gif

I'm amused, because using the word "carp" has become a habit to the point that I'd

started using it elsewhere. :'D Anyway. Thanks for the update, TJ.

Yay, the BSA-thing sounds great!

And thanks for information, any way. c:

I'm also amused about the "carp" update because I use it quite a lot and don't consider it a full-on swear word.

Aresa: Really? I always thought it originated from the inventor of flushable toilets Thomas Crapper. They used to call it a crapper, so I assume they pulled the "crap" out of the adverb to create a noun and verb. I.e. A crap, To take a crap. And from there people who compared something to human waste would use it as a verb. "That looks bad." "This tastes like crap."

Already posted in the BSA thread. I like it very much!

Cool BSA subforum. Going to be a lot of ideas being thrown around.

I rarely use the word "crap" so no bother to me.

I´m curious about the BSA section, though a lot of people seem to have problems to get onto the forums now huh.gif

Thanks for the update! I may now feel free to use the aforementioned word in every single post...

I kid, I kid. Thanks for letting us know!

~Feathers

Sweet. Any time I hear the word 'crap' I think of the episode of The Simpsons where Homer finds that portal into the 3D realm (Green area) He tries to jump over a huge hole and only makes it half way. As he falls he says crap and it echos as he falls.

Can someone tell me where this subforum is? Apparently I'm incapable of locating it on my own...

It should be under Suggestions/Requests.

Edited by Booo