TheKnownGod

Christian bands

hey, i'm here just put a few bands up here, I listen to quite a bit of music, mainly Christian music (non-secular) just cause it helps me. but i just wanted to put up a list of Christian bands that I like, and ill edit this post if you guys ( and girls) want me to put some other bands up on it.

Abandon Kansas

Desperation Band-rock

David Crowder Band-rock

LeeLand

Family Force five-hip-hop

Fly Leaf

The Fray

Hillsong United-rock

Relient K-hip-hop/rock

Skillet-(yes they are a Christian band)

Thousand Foot Crutch-hard rock

Tobymac

Casting Crowns-rock

Demon hunter-screamo

blessthefall-screamo

heaste the day-screamoMercyMe

Josh Wilson

Jason Gray

Lighthouse

Lincoln Brewster

Newsboys

Matthew West

Sanctus Real

Jeremy Camp

Chris Tomlin

Chris August

Natalie Grant

Francesca Battistelli [spelling?]

Rebecca St. James

Superchick

Third Day

Addison Road

Amy Grant

The Afters

The List is subject to change for i'll put all bands that are christian on this list if you post them here.

*This list may be called a christian band or it may not be, if there is a mistake on the list please inform me and ill either put a side note next to the band or delete them from the list.*

I should be putting up next to their name what kind of band they are like rock or other stuff like that, so just put your opinion of the bands and post some new ones. These are just some of my favorite ones.

Edited by TheKnownGod

I only listen to a few Skillet songs every once in a while. Im really a hard rocker so that's it.

It's alright when I'm really depressed, but being an atheist, I prefer to not listen to it.

I only listen to a few Skillet songs every once in a while. Im really a hard rocker so that's it.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Sometimes I listen to Demon Hunter and Red, because they're really hard, harder then Skillet. I don't really like Christian bands because a lot shove Jesus down your throat. I only listen to this because my parents don't like me listening to anything that's not Christian, even if I'm agnostic...

oh, i understand what you all are saying, ok so i have a friend that only listens to christian screamo and realy hard christian music, ill give him a call sometime later and ask him what those bands are, but i've heard them before and there real screamo, and their christian. I was so confused, didn't even know they had that kind of music.

I listen to a couple bands that happen to be Christian bands, though the songs that I have heard from them don't really sing too deeply about God. If they do, you really have to search really deeply into their songs to find that meaning within them.

EDIT:

Yeah, there are a couple Christian Screamo bands.

A couple off the top of my head would be Blessthefall, Haste The Day...

EDIT 2.0:

I fail at wording. :l

Edited by brokenglass

Fly Leaf is a Christian band? Huh.

I think the only thing remotely even close to 'Christian' that I like is Matisyahu... and he's Hewbrew. >w>; A lot of Christian bands just sound whiny and boring to me, but I'm used to like... The not-even-country types of Christian bands.

I wouldn't call bands with Christians in them "Christian rock" by default. Unless the music has a Christian theme to it, then they're just a band whose members happen to be Christians. Generally bands which have Christians in them, but aren't Christian rock, don't cuss as much, but that's about it.

As for true Christian rock, my mom always has the car radio on that station, so I'm exposed to a good amount of it. Some of it is pretty good, but most of it doesn't sound that good, even if you were to change the words. There are some Christian death metal bands, but I think that's a little ridiculous, and they're probably just doing that for the lulz of being contradictory.

I listen to Relient K a good bit, which is classified as Christian rock, even though references are rare, and vague, and subject to interpretation. Generally just "you" or "him" if that, not "Jesus."

KUTLESSSSSS

Sorry. xd.png I love Casting Crowns; I went to the recent concert called "Until the Whole World Hears." It was awesome biggrin.gif

I love TobyMac and Tenth Avenue North [which was the first Christian band I ever listened to.]

Does anybody here listen to K-Love? It's a Christian radio station that features many of these bands.

I don't listen to Christian rock stations or Christian rock music, however, I'm sure some of the bands I listen to on my regular Rock station do have members who are Christian.

I listen to 94.9 K-LOVE where I live. I don't know that it is available everywhere, though, so it looks like SF lives surprisingly near where I live. O_o

I wouldn't call bands with Christians in them "Christian rock" by default. Unless the music has a Christian theme to it, then they're just a band whose members happen to be Christians. Generally bands which have Christians in them, but aren't Christian rock, don't cuss as much, but that's about it.

Kinda this. Do you want recommendations of bands that make music with a christian messgae, or just bands that have christians in them? How about individual songs about christianity from bands otherwise un-related to it?

Fun fact: Dave Mustaine (he of Megadeth fame) is actualy a born-again Christian. He's been quite notorious for refusing to play on the same bill as bands with messages he doesn't like.

Edit: misspelling of the ginger one's name.

Edited by TikindiDragon

cheeze that is a good point, but i know that like relient K is christian cause of the words in their songs, but ill admit that not all their songs are religious in any way(like lion o) but all of the bands i put up their are christian bands that mostly have messages in their songs, or at least bible verses.

Yeah, I wasn't criticizing your list, I was just pointing that out for someone who might come along and call a band like Disturbed "Christian rock." because it has 1 member who may or may not be a Christian. =/

Yeah, some of Relient K's songs are pretty obvious with a Christian message, but then some are about sweaters. =/

MercyMe

Josh Wilson

Jason Gray

Lighthouse

Lincoln Brewster

Newsboys

Matthew West

Sanctus Real

Jeremy Camp

Chris Tomlin

Chris August

Natalie Grant

Francesca Battistelli [spelling?]

Rebecca St. James

Superchick

Third Day

Addison Road

Amy Grant

The Fray

The Afters

And those are just off the top of my head~

I listen to Christian music, but not mainly.

As to bands with Christian messages attached to most if not all songs, I listen to the following:

Fireflight, Group 1 Crew, Common Man (who is small, and now goes by Magmatic, I believe), Malakai (also little known), Remedy Drive, Sinclair (local), Stellar Kart, Switchfoot.

Not huge followers except for Group 1 Crew, and I have a CD or 2 of each.

Now bands I listen to who have members as Christians or have an occasional Christian message are:

Flyleaf, Creed (who started off Christian, then went mainstream).

*sigh* I said Christian wasn't my main, but that's an extensive list. If you haven't noticed, I love music.

Right, Switchfoot. happy.gif I love Switchfoot.

Oh, your love is a symphony...all around me...flowing through me...

Oh, your love is a melody...underneath me...running to me...

The Fray

I don't recognize many of the others, but this one at least, is not Christian rock. They may have a couple songs with an Christian undertone, but they are just a alternative rock / pop rock / piano rock band.

I see Chris Tomlin on that list, and I've been to a conference where he performed, and for anyone who's interested Louie Giglio preached.