Completely Different

Doctor Who

Favorite

episode:Blink

assistant:Rose tyler

doctor:David Tennant(who else)

I started watching DW at the 9th doctor, Matt Smith is doing a great job but I really miss David Tennant. sad.gif

But the adipose guys seen so far have all been babies - what do the adults look like?

Fat is only cute when it is little. smile.gif I've never seen the adults either. smile.gif but I like the babies. smile.gif

I'm now watching the titanic episode.

But the adipose guys seen so far have all been babies - what do the adults look like?

Same but bigger - I think it was supposed to be ~ 5m?

Okay, I just found this super awesome DW video, made all the better because the music and actual vid are all original;

I love it. I really liked when he showed all the regenerations of the Doctor.

So, favourite piece of music from Dr Who? I'm going with 'I Am The Doctor,' 'An Untimely Arrival,' 'This Is Gallifrey,' and 'All The Strange, Strange Creatures.'

I like action-y music.

"Turn Left" is on right now. I love that episode.

Thank you! I'd forgotten! *leaps to turn on TV, having missed half*

Fav Doctor: Tom Baker

Fav Companion: K-9

Yeah, I'm a bit old school.....

I love it too, even though its a bit...depressing. (Lol, understatement of the century). One thing I hate is the Chinese-esque planet at the beginning, though. It seems so superficial, like an over-exaggerated China town.

Fav Doctor: Tom Baker

Fav Companion: K-9

Yeah, I'm a bit old school.....

At least there are few of us old schoolers too! Affirmative!

Tom Baker is my all time favorite Doctor (Sarah Jane is my favorite companion). I wish I could find the "old" episodes and rewatch some of them.

Favorite Episodes:

Blink, Empty Child/Doctor Dances, New Earth, School Reunion, Shakespeare Code, Partners in Crime, Midnight, Doctors Daughter

Favorite Companion:

Rose and Martha

Favorite Doctor:

David!

I didn't like Donna for some reason (none of my friends did either) and I don't really like Matt...

I love it too, even though its a bit...depressing. (Lol, understatement of the century). One thing I hate is the Chinese-esque planet at the beginning, though. It seems so superficial, like an over-exaggerated China town.

To be honest I think that's precisely what they were going for - a space-age Chinatown. But it was an awesome episode, and I do use 'Turn Left' as an expression these days when talking about things that could have turned out differently.

I kinda liked the Chinatown. For some odd reason, it didn't bother me as much as a lot of other stuff that kinda uses the same thing, what with weeabooism and such.

I kinda liked the Chinatown. For some odd reason, it didn't bother me as much as a lot of other stuff that kinda uses the same thing, what with weeabooism and such.

I suppose....it still grates on me, though. I suppose its just because since I live in Asia, and really have an interest in different cultures, I find it annoying when people take the superficial aspects of them. (Yeah, and I'm nitpicking.)

Anyway- finally finished the new series, and it was brilliant. Moffat was as wonderful a writer as ever, and Matt Smith has really been cemented as the Doctor in my mind. It was pure, unadulterated fun and everything I like about DW.

...but the timey-wimey ball. Oh, God, that was confusing. Can anybody please explain to me what did and didn't happen in the wake of the big bang 2? Is Rory an auto-matron? Did the cyberking incident exist? Can Rory remember being alive for 2000 years?

Chinatown was incredibly creepy and added to the sinister atmosphere. :3

Favourite Episode: The Sound of Drums

Favourite Doctor: Ten for Tennant yay :3

I really think that there are too many brilliant episodes to choose one. I loved Blink, of course, but then Tooth and Claw and the three episodes at the end of series 4 were also great.

My favourite doctor has to be Tennant. I love Matt Smith as the doctor but when you watch an episode of Smith and an episode of Tennant there's something extra about Tennant's doctor that just draws me in.

I can't wait for the next series, apparently they've been filming in America, the first time for Doctor Who.

smile.gif

...but the timey-wimey ball. Oh, God, that was confusing. Can anybody please explain to me what did and didn't happen in the wake of the big bang 2? Is Rory an auto-matron? Did the cyberking incident exist? Can Rory remember being alive for 2000 years?

- No, Rory is human again.

- Yes, it did.

- Yes he can; as Amy climbs over the table you hear Rory lean over and say 'I was plastic you know.'

So, we went shopping down Asda and got a tip-off that there were Daleks on the scene. So I was prepared - I took a camera, and a pen torch sonic screwdriver just in case. We met one out in the lobby, which was nice and quiet and immobile, and then went into the store itself to find another near customer service. I look at it, look to the g/f and remark it should be going "Donate! Donate!"

Lo and behold, it turns around with lights flashing and eyestalk all lit up, shouts "Donate!" a few times, it turns to look at me and declares, "Exterminate the hippie!"

Apparently I turned red. After all, be damned was I going to beg for it not to exterminate me, but I didn't have a proper sonic screwdriver to fight back with. So I donated quietly, to which it turned around and replied, "You may keep the ponytail."

"Thank you very much."

user posted image

Edited by Kestra15

they my favorite show while I watch on BBCAmerica channel. I like new doctor who and what you think of new 11th doctor *Matt Smith* after David Tennent are? I like Amy Pond then Rose Tyler. Martha and 9th doctor *chris* is okay. smile.gif

That is very nice, Rhea. smile.gif

Does anyone know when the new season of Doctor Who will start on BBCAmerica?