Completely Different

Doctor Who

Which is exactly what I was looking for - thank you so much! It looks like you put quite a bit of thought into the recommendations :3

Nah, just my favourites. They stick out for me, so it wasn't hard.

Season Six trailer, with ultra-epic music:

"Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords."

"Fear me, I've killed all of them."

America's Season Six trailer:

Preview of Episode One, Series Six: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzglkLEJFI&feature=related

Edited by Kestra15

So, I just finished The Impossible Planet... I think I'm going to go hide under the blankets for the rest of my life...

I'm watching The Satan Pit here in a bit, but I'm already terrified, so I'm kinda procrastinating on that... Remind me why I watch this show? Oh, right, it's awesome... Now excuse me while I go whimper under my blankets and watch The Satan Pit...

I didn't like those ones either. Bit creepy.

I didn't like those ones either. Bit creepy.

The first one was scarier, IMO, but The Satan Pit had it's scary moments...

Ooh, the next one has the lady who plays Moaning Myrtle in the HP films in it. Not sure if I'll watch it today or not, though. Depends how sad/scary it is. So, 'Love and Monsters'...opinions? If I watch it, will I cry or want to hide under the covers?

It's not bad at all. A bit more light-hearted than usual.

I liked it. Ending was a bit odd, but, overall, it was alright.

I watched Fear Her today, too. That was...interesting? I'm really not sure what to make of it...

I'm up to Evolution of the Daleks now, since I've seen all the episodes up to it on BBCAmerica already. It's on tonight, in a little more than fifteen minutes, as of my typing this. Blink will be on in a week, I believe. Not sure if I'm more excited or nervous... o.o

If an episode airs every weekday at 5 between now and 23 April, it should get to Planet of the Ood before the S6 premiere. Are there any essential episodes after Planet of the Ood that I should watch before the S6 premiere?

The Doctor's Daughter, The Stolen Earth&Journey's End, The Eleventh Hour, The Beast Below is a wonderful episode, but not essential, The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang. I think they're all the pretty important ones, apart from the Beast Below.

There's a list of episodes here, if you want to know what you missed without having to watch it. They've got spoilers galore, so don't go in unless you've got self control. XD Or you've seen the eps before.

I want series six... D:

I watched the Lazarus Experiment today, I liked it, even if it was a bit creepy. I sense some serious foreshadowing with Saxon telling Martha's mom about the Doctor.. Also excited for season 6 and Blink! (coming next week for me too)

Just released on the BBC website:

Episode 1: The Impossible Astronaut

Four envelopes, numbered 2, 3 and 4, each containing a date, time and map reference, unsigned, but TARDIS blue. Who sent them? And who received the missing number one? This strange summons reunites the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River Song in the middle of the Utah desert and unveils a terrible secret the Doctor's friends must never reveal to him.

Placing his life entirely in their hands, the Doctor agrees to search for the recipient of the fourth envelope - just who is Canton Everett Delaware the Third? And what is the relevance of their only other clue: 'Space 1969'? Their quest lands them - quite literally - in the Oval Office, where they are enlisted by President Nixon himself to assist enigmatic former-FBI agent Canton, in saving a terrified little girl from a mysterious spaceman.

Episode 2: Day of the Moon

The Doctor is locked in the perfect prison. Amy, Rory and River Song are being hunted down across America by the FBI. With the help of new friend and FBI-insider, Canton Everett Delaware the Third, our heroes are reunited to share their discoveries, if not their memories. For the world is occupied by an alien force who control humanity through post-hypnotic suggestion and no one can be trusted. Aided by President Nixon and Neil Armstrong's foot, the Doctor must mount a revolution to drive out the enemy and rescue the missing little girl. No-one knows why they took her. Or why they have kidnapped Amy Pond...

I think the best place to start is that guy before tennant (number nine, forgot the last name) because that's the beginning of rose and I like him even though he didn't last that long.

I think the best place to start is that guy before tennant (number nine, forgot the last name) because that's the beginning of rose and I like him even though he didn't last that long.

Christopher Ecclestone.

... -had to learn just about every actor to play the Doctor for a dragon project-

There was no Doctor before Matt Smith.

I was just about to post the same, Lagie.

RIP, Elisabeth Sladen; you were a wonderful actress, and you gave so much to the show.

Edit: Seriously, its no problem Lagie. xd.png

Edited by Completely Different

It's really sad. She's my all time favorite companion.

She's my favourite, too. I'm so glad I was able to meet Lis Sladen in Chicago a couple of years ago. She was lovely in person as well.

Pics.

(Sorry to ninja you, CD.)

BBC Video Clips at You Tube.

Edited by Lagie

Reading over the articles, I was surprised that she was only on 3 1/2 seasons of Doctor Who, I thought it was longer than that.

Yes, I'm always surprised by that, too, Ruby. She was so memorable it seems as though she was on for much longer. I'm glad they've been releasing those episodes on DVD. (Planet of the Spiders is due out soon!)

Another article. More...

Edited by Lagie

Sad, sad news to wake up to. Rest in peace, Sarah-Jane.

It is also a rather cruel irony that her last televised appearance the S-J Adventures was entitled "Goodbye, Sarah-Jane Smith."

Edited by Kestra15

It is also a rather cruel irony that her last televised appearance the S-J Adventures was entitled "Goodbye, Sarah-Jane Smith."

Oh! sad.gif I hadn't realized that. I haven't seen the last series in full yet.

Tom Baker's tribute.

Edited by Lagie

>: I had no idea...

I only saw her a few times (School Reunion, Genesis of the Daleks, and.. something in series 4), but I quite enjoyed her in them.

May she rest in peace.