Completely Different

Doctor Who

Season two was interesting...some great episodes ( girl in the fireplace anyone?) and some really awful episodes (love and monsters...). I'm still not sure of my verdict on that series as a whole is.

Favourite episode: girl in the fireplace/ blink

Favourite companion: Rose

Favourite doctor: David Tennant!

Edited by PhoenixStarr

Fair point. Doomsday made that clear... five million Cybermen are nothing, but a mention of the Doctor makes them flinch.

Speaking of Doomsday, I wonder if I can pile all of series 2 into one day, I want to do a bit of... character study on the Tenth Doctor, don't want to screw up too much this weekend.

(As to the musical montage... I honestly didn't notice, I've trained myself to tune them out unless it's a song I like xd.png)

Bring snacks for that day.

Bring snacks for that day.

Will do biggrin.gif ... probably tomorrow. Or maybe tomorrow night.

And in other news, I am officially done with series 5, and cannot wait to see where it goes from here!

I like watching Doctor WHo and I have some dvd set of series 1, 3, but I not have getting 2, 4 yet and I soon get series 5 with new doctor this one so funny looking and not bad this guy as Matt Smith are and with Amy Pond not bad either then David Tennant are cool too. both guy is my favorite now. Chris and others is ok. my dad said already seen Tom Bakers old doctor before. I have 4 old classics book of tom bakers's classics doctor that dad give me book he save old wow. we still watching this time and I hope for new series like 6 season very sooner in late spring hope after my birthday time on April or May to be. I can't wait to see that season 6 to be pretty good to be. smile.gif

Will do biggrin.gif ... probably tomorrow. Or maybe tomorrow night.

And in other news, I am officially done with series 5, and cannot wait to see where it goes from here!

Awesome, isn't?

Awesome, isn't?

Oh, very.

I think I'll slowly be going through it all again now that I've got a friend watching, she made it up to Dalek today biggrin.gif -is very excited to see reactions to Father's Day-

Still yet to see any of new Series 1 myself. I'd love to, but it seems like the BBC doesn't like Monsieur Ecclestone and won't show any of his stuff :~P

Really?

The Doctor Who video site CD posted a while back has all of it, that's how I finally got to see the last three episodes of that series.

"I need...fish fingers, and custard."

For the record: If you ever get the chance to play a Doctor Who RPG... do it biggrin.gif The one I did last night was extremely fun, kept very in character (apparently, I did make a good Doctor, our Jack was hilarious...), and our most awesome moment was ending the game... in the most peaceful way possible :>

/been avoiding this thread (spoilers D:)

Glad to hear you had a good time, Paine ^^

I got a TARDIS egg, btw. The black one. Can't think of a name for it. Suggestions?

Edited by RheaZen

I named my Holly and CB stripe are dedicated to the current DW story arc 8D

For the record: If you ever get the chance to play a Doctor Who RPG... do it biggrin.gif The one I did last night was extremely fun, kept very in character (apparently, I did make a good Doctor, our Jack was hilarious...), and our most awesome moment was ending the game... in the most peaceful way possible :>

Which Doctor did you play? I reckon I'd probably be better as Eleven.

Which Doctor did you play? I reckon I'd probably be better as Eleven.

Tenth.

I'm proud to say we pulled off several moves there that completely broke the book xd.png Apparently, no one expected that people would go for broke and get very good rolls when dealing with the Nestine Consciousness...

Edited by Dr. Paine

Yeah know how the Tardis translates everything said to whatever language is need. Well in the Vampires in Venice episode, the vampire girls ask The Doctor what he is doing there but they say (something along the lines of) "What are you doing here Señor". Shouldn't the Tardis have translated Señor to Mr. tongue.gif

The TARDIS has an artistic licence :~D

The TARDIS has an artistic licence :~D

Everyone knows she likes to mess with people.

-is also still very disturbed by the ideas that the TARDIS is both somewhat alive and sentient/sapient, considering what happened during The Big Bang-

And considering the manual ended up in a supernova....

EEEEK! *fangirling like a boss*

There are no words to describe Doctor Who <3

The best doctor? Well, to be honest, Tennant made a better Doctor but MATT SMITH *drool*, he's hot. And we've only seen one season of Matt, and I'm certain he'll improve.

Best companion? user posted image

I DON'T KNOW OMG THAT'S A PERSONAL QUESTION GET AWAY FROM ME STOP MAKING CIVIL WAR IN MY HEAD NO STOP IT GO AWAY. RO-MAR-DONN-MY. Ghaa! Rose is adorable, and sweet. Martha is so... MARTHA! Donna is hilarous! And the whole Amy-Doctor relationship makes me squee, even though she's married to Rory. So, in completion, the best companion was by far Wilf :P

And now I am getting emotional because I miss Doctor Who and want it to get the hell back on TV and it's really depressing because it's not coming back 'till like april or something.

Matt Smith? Improve? I don't know how that's possible without the world exploding or something.

My favorite companion is now very torn between Amy/Rory (come on, you cannot have one without the other) and Rose. Martha was okay, but the writing for her was fairly weak, she felt very unfinished. Donna's marginally better, but... still just flat. (Rose is, by no means great, but I really enjoyed her stint.) Amy and Rory... they're just amazing, and a beautiful show of devotion.

I also love the dynamic between Amy and the Doctor, they've got a very good big brother/little sister thing going on, it's adorable.

Good news, everybody; next Friday (the 18th) we'll be getting a couple Children in Need Specials for Doctor Who. The series proper begins on the 23rd of April.

Not much is known about the specials, which'll probably be short but I little birdy told me that one will involve two Amy's, who may or may not flirt among themselves.

I heard that rumour, and instantly had to spend an hour alone in my bedroom. And I saw proof, which was another two hours a day I will now have to spend alone.

Other than that - blergh to Rose.

I will use the 11th Doctor's theme should I make a video about Everest.