Completely Different

Doctor Who

Most of it was ok. But the ending... holy cow. (or should I say

Spoiler

holy frog. Oh lookie I made a new friend, a whole universe!

It was so childish.

I'd rather that than the ending of Episode 3 - I KNOW that the original programme was meant to educate, and that they say this series gets back to that - but - it was TOO heavy handed.The episode spoke for itself.

Spoiler

And I thought it was cute that the frog had Grace's voice

23 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'd rather that than the ending of Episode 3 - I KNOW that the original programme was meant to educate, and that they say this series gets back to that - but - it was TOO heavy handed.The episode spoke for itself.

Hide contents

And I thought it was cute that the frog had Grace's voice

If 3 was Rosa, I agree. I have preferred the non-Chibnall stories this season (though I still have two episodes to watch).

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

If 3 was Rosa, I agree. I have preferred the non-Chibnall stories this season (though I still have two episodes to watch).

It was. I have three to watch - out of sequence, but too bad !

Well, yesterday's episode was the series finale (or season finale). We will have the New Year's special, and then... nothing until 2020!!

If there are more. My current TV magazine has the terrifying suggestion that there might not be. Yaz says she has no contract yet and that none of them do...

There is supposed to be some stunning surprise that hits us in the Special. I HOPE it isn't going to be what I am deathly afraid it might be.... and if it is - as was once suggested - a love interest involving Missy and the doctor, I may shoot myself. I can't get my partner to understand this - but Dr Who is NOT ABOUT LOVE STORIES.... There is no TIME for that. We need more  time with the Uz, not kissy kissy and moon eyes. There are plenty of love-story programmes on TV as it is.

Ooh, horrid thought, Fuzzbucket. :(

This is the first year in years I actually have no plans for Christmas Day evening, and there's no Doctor Who to watch. *sighs*

I really disliked that tooth-faced alien in episode one and I disliked him just as much last night.

The 2020 announcement...

Edited by Lagie

On 9/8/2010 at 7:47 AM, Completely Different said:

Doctor Who: The continuing adventures of one alien as he time-travels through the universe, saving planets, defeating evil, and running for his life. There's an outrageous amount of running involved.

A-ha, "he", sure...

Can't say much about the new lads and lass, haven't even seen all of the old ones yet. Veered off into Pertwee's Navy Lark (unrelated, but I do like his voice and they do joke about him being the Doctor at times) and haven't been back yet. Like one Navy Lark character said, I "have a one-track mind" and don't really enjoy sad-dramatic stories, or digging through all the plots to find hints for future arks ("Bad Wolf", I'm looking at you), or looking at characters behaving in the most heart-breaking manner (no, I can't believe he never visited Sarah, a cup of tea is a sacred thing to that Doctor), or seeing monsters defy the laws of inertia even if they're not meant to (School Reunion again)... even if some of the quotes I see are quite tempting. Even if he had at least once turned out to be "not quite as disagreeable as I thought". I'm not the right mood and that's that. Still grin at random TARDIS noises and Whovian references, even if hardly anybody would actually see the item as a reference and try to visit the convention surrounds :D

Hmmm, that's and idea, about references and random ideas... Maybe not for a t-shirt, because due to copyright I wouldn't dare draw a blue square on anything other people see, but as a bit of a private fan-art?.. Gonna be a nightmare in logistics, or a severely cut-down version, but they'll illustrate a certain quote beautifully!

On 2/3/2019 at 9:13 AM, Lagie said:

Ooh, quiet thread.

I have been reading the 13th Doctor books (there are three of them). One good, one plodding, one I have not finished as yet.

I've been reading 4th book before I knew what he looked like (can't tell the name off the top of my head). A favourite of mine is 3rd's "Catastrophea", should you come across one. Not the most known, it seems...

I am a huge fan of the show - at least newschool part of it. I've watched a bit of the classics here and there, but I can't force myself to do it. I am saving up 12th season until this week episode - I'll catch up before the finale just in time. Btw , will series finale be split, or we will have similar situation to the Spyfall?

Series finale is a two-parter.

I saw Spyfall, then missed the rest until this past week's. I enjoyed it!

The new series is FAR better than the previous one - though some of 13's lectures are over the top.... The points are better made by the story.

I actually dislike the new season a bit more than the old one because it has done 2 things that I hated to see:

1-It brought back a character which I thought had the awesome ending for their story.

I feel like bringing Master back just kinda ruined Missy's awesome ending because it was the peak that the character could ever reach imo.

2-My favourite season was season 6. And this season, specifically the third episode, broke every rule DW's timeline model had and retconned how timelines work heavily, resulting in totally trashing season 6.

We were shown an apocalyptic Earth and explained that it was just one of the possibilities in the future. No, Doctor Who never worked this way. If what you saw as the future was just a possible outcome out of many others, Doctor went through all the stuff he did in 6th season for literally nothing when he tried to prevent his own death. He could have been just chilling, telling the gang that it was just one of the endless many possibilities and it didn't have to happen.

I feel like DW has become just a "too much" political show at this point that you can't watch a single episode without a lecture shoved through your throat. Moffat also did it, especially on the later seasons, but he always knew to be subtle about it so it never bothered me. Chibnall doesn't know what subtlety is and I am heavily feeling that all the episodes are pushing some sort of political agenda or at least lecturing about some stuff that it kills most of the fun in the show for me. In this season global warming and plastics episodes were a huge *eyeroll* for me because DW was supposed to be a show you watch to get some mostly stupid fun and relax by getting away from the reality. And Chibnall, please, if you'll try to represent LGBT people please do not do it just for the sake of it with quite shallow characters. Do it with actual characters in a way that makes sense and in a natural way without blatantly obviously trying to force it to the audience.

So yeah, I am pretty salty about this season, too :D

Edited by FeatheryWings

I'm sorry but.. what? 

Spoiler

they're bringing the Master back? After Missy's perfect ending? What makes them think that's a good idea?

Overall, Feather hit the nail on the head. Doctor Who should've just ended with Capaldi somehow instead of continuing onward.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Erm ... Health? XD

sure!

be0900_8a9ebeeaa2544c15a832633eb6bc8e49~

see? Health.  it's good for you XD 

8 hours ago, trystan said:

sure!

see? Health.  it's good for you XD 

XD

Sadly, there was no Doctor Who shown at the time listed.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sadly, there was no Doctor Who shown at the time listed.

isn't that false advertising?

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

isn't that false advertising?

It's the guide here. I'd be more surprised if it were accurate (for the local stuff).

Still have not seen any of the new episodes (but I keep thinking it's Rose in the pics when it's the new girl).

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

It's the guide here. I'd be more surprised if it were accurate (for the local stuff).

Still have not seen any of the new episodes (but I keep thinking it's Rose in the pics when it's the new girl).

so the guide there isn't accurate at all.  got it.

i've seen all the new ones except for yesterday.

and maybe you're supposed to think that? ;)

38 minutes ago, trystan said:

so the guide there isn't accurate at all.  got it.

Correct.

38 minutes ago, trystan said:

i've seen all the new ones except for yesterday.

and maybe you're supposed to think that? ;)

Spoilers? ;)

44 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Spoilers? ;)

nah, i haven't seen the episode yet, remember? XD