Completely Different

Doctor Who

I agree. She's great, but why three? And they look very crowded in the renovated Tardis. I love that she said Sarah Jane's lines from School Reunion when 13 went into her Tardis.

"You've redecorated" ?

That's the same thing 10 told 11 in The Day of the Doctor :) 

6 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

"You've redecorated" ?

That's the same thing 10 told 11 in The Day of the Doctor :) 

Ooh, I'd missed that! :)  I do wish BBC America would repeat the previous week's episode before the new one.

I'm also not too keen about arc stories so I hope that doesn't end up being too much of a  thing in this series.

I love her so much! She really fits well into this role. The companions haven't really clicked with me yet, except Graham who I think has great comedic moments. I can see them trying with Ryan, so I hope he settles in, especially knowing the clear arc he has with Graham. Yaz is, so far nothing. Early days yet. Big cast, and still got at least 10 episodes to go, so they all have time.

23 hours ago, Lagie said:

Ooh, I'd missed that! :)  I do wish BBC America would repeat the previous week's episode before the new one.

I'm also not too keen about arc stories so I hope that doesn't end up being too much of a  thing in this series.

It's a recurrent line, apparently :)

28 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

XD

Though Sarah Jane and 13 both follow it with 'I like it'. But I do enjoy stuff like that, that ties the episodes together subtly.

44886031_10157083801129739_5906951445122

This was donated to my thrift shop this week! XD

On 10/17/2018 at 2:06 AM, Naughtrish said:

It started with Two in a multi-Doctor episode link i LOVE this nods to the old series.

I LOVE the new Doctor - she's brill. The two young companions are nice but lack profile a bit (to me). Grampa Graham is lovely though. All his emotional scenes are heart wrenching.

While I thought the firs ep of the season was OK (but 'meh' for a pilot episode for a new Doctor) and the second one on the better side of OK, 'Rosa' hit it out of the park and this week was pretty great too. I especially love how the giant spiders were defeated. I kept thinking 'in reality this critter would suffocate because of their passive breathing apparatus being unable to deal with the size' when the really big one came on. i think it's the first time I saw a 'GIANT SPIDER/INSECT' monster movie get that part right :D

Spiders. Why did it have to be spiders? I don't think I've ever watched a Doctor Who episode through my fingers before. I do love the new Doctor, though.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Spiders. Why did it have to be spiders? I don't think I've ever watched a Doctor Who episode through my fingers before. I do love the new Doctor, though.

I wasn't that bothered during the episode, until I found a huge cobweb in my bedroom. It really wasn't good timing. Was it just me who kind of felt sorry for the big spider when it started suffocating? :c

I also have a huge dislike for spiders. And that size o m g. No thanks. Gave me the creeps more than once!

A clip of a Doctor Who tango :D

7 hours ago, cheesecake__ said:

I wasn't that bothered during the episode, until I found a huge cobweb in my bedroom. It really wasn't good timing. Was it just me who kind of felt sorry for the big spider when it started suffocating? :c

I thought that was the sign of a good script, that in spite of my fears I felt sorry for her when she died.

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

I only had one episode where I had to watch it through my fingers and that was the episode Hide. I don't necessarily have a fear of spiders (they do startle me when I see them though) but I hate ghosts and I just about changed the channel on the episode Hide

I am bummed I will not be able to see tonight's new episode, so I am going to console myself by continuing my binge-watching of Broadchurch while I still have access to Netflix. XD

I enjoyed Kerblam!

What did the rest of you think of it?

Edited by Lagie
Spelling...

Those robotic faces give me the creeps! Other than that, it was ok. Of course loved

Spoiler

the fez bit! Made me wonder how come the system knew the Doctor? Maybe 11 was a client? I can't recall that megastore featured before in the series.

Kablam wasn't my favourite, but the thought of the system at amazon doing that really got me going XD  

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 11/19/2018 at 11:23 PM, Lagie said:

I enjoyed Kablam!

What did the rest of you think of it?

It wasn't one of the best, but I still enjoyed it! Don't you guys think that there should be more alien villains? 

I'm totally bummed right now... the cable has gone kerbluey right at the start of tonight's episode. :(

I got a phone call in the middle so I shall have to go watch it again on line...

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I got a phone call in the middle so I shall have to go watch it again on line...

Where online, please? (Pretty please...)

Aww, why? I actually liked most of it. The girl's accent drove me nuts, though.

Yeah - me too. I do like having stand-alone adventures, too.

Her accent was dire - but I was surprised (and interested)  to find that she has actually been blind since birth. 

Edited by Fuzzbucket