Completely Different

Doctor Who

May the Doctor have mercy on your soul.

Don't blink.

I tend not to do that during Doctor Who. Blinking is for commercials biggrin.gif

And whee, Human Nature tomorrow night, my first Who episode ever!

I love Doctor Who (so much so that my Mom and Brother bug me after watching to much of it)

Favorite episodes: Blink, Silence in the Library/Forrest of the dead, Doomsday

Favorite Companion: Rose, Amy Pond

Favorite Doctors: David Tennant. Matt Smith

Matt Smith makes me want a fez because Fezzes are cool~

user posted image

Doctor Who in a nutshell biggrin.gif

... should that include a 'bigger on the inside' joke?

Doctor Who in a nutshell biggrin.gif

... should that include a 'bigger on the inside' joke?

Only if you want your future as a comedian to crumble. xd.png

@Rhea; brilliant pic! Although, that 'regenerate over 500 times' thing...er, didn't the Doctor just say that to get Clyde to stop annoying him.

That's fantastic, Rhea. I'd love to know where you found that.

Only if you want your future as a comedian to crumble. xd.png

@Rhea; brilliant pic! Although, that 'regenerate over 500 times' thing...er, didn't the Doctor just say that to get Clyde to stop annoying him.

That's what I've heard...

However, I have also heard that the regeneration limit was self-imposed by the Time Lords, and they would naturally have more than 12/unlimited regenerations.

It all depends on how long they want the series to last, really. /shot

However, I have also heard that the regeneration limit was self-imposed by the Time Lords, and they would naturally have more than 12/unlimited regenerations.

Well, yes, but I felt they'd want to maybe amp of the drama. "The Doctor's true death!" Maybe even try to keep the 14th Doctor's existence a secret, to make it a bit of a surprise...

Ah, well. I guess they can try to manipulate the comment depending on what they decide to do when the time comes.

Well, yes, but I felt they'd want to maybe amp of the drama. "The Doctor's true death!" Maybe even try to keep the 14th Doctor's existence a secret, to make it a bit of a surprise...

Ah, well. I guess they can try to manipulate the comment depending on what they decide to do when the time comes.

Yep.

Maybe they'll feign a 'true death' of the 12th Doctor, then have some random chick show up.

And then we learn the Doctor can become a lady! (... you know, that sounds much stupider once it's written out.)

I've also heard some theories that the universe in the Whoniverse is... vaguely sentient or something, and needs at least one Time Lord around to fix crap, and therefore will not allow the Doctor to die. Sort of a 'screw the rules, I make them' situation.

I've always believed the 13-regen rule was a Time Lord regulation - after all, they could grant more regenerations, and their ability to regenerate is partially artificial anyway. Without anyone around to enforce it, who is going to stop the Doctor's 14th regen?

I don't think they'll ever end Dr Who. It's too popular and can always be reinvented, even after a long break.

Er, I lost the link... it's somewhere in thedailywh.at archive.

If he'd made it "over 9000" rather than "over 500"...

Edited by RheaZen

user posted image

This is EPIC!!!! biggrin.gif # Ten(Tennant) is my fave. "Rude and not GInger"... LOLS!

Edited by LeopardDragon

The creepiest monsters Doctor Who has produced.

They're stone statues in the forms of angels, often seen covering their eyes. Well, sometimes. The Doctor explains; "They don't exist when they're being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock, no choice, it's a fact of their biology, in the sight of any living thing they literally turn to stone. And you can't kill a stone. 'Course a stone can't kill you either but then you turn your head away, then you blink, and oh yes it can."

They're fast; so fast that you can't even see them move. They can snap your neck and use your body as puppets, or send you back in time, living off the energy of the days-you-could-have-had.

...Well.

That's quite something.

Someone posited at SyFy that perhaps the regenration limit no longer applies since Gallifrey is gone.

And blinking? Don't Blink!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/9LIJ

Someone posited at SyFy that perhaps the regenration limit no longer applies since Gallifrey is gone.

And blinking? Don't Blink!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/9LIJ

That's a fantastic Blink lineage. smile.gif

Just finished watching the vampire fish aka The Vampires of Venice episode a little bit ago.

You know, I've been on the fence with how I feel about Martha this entire time... until now. Human Nature has helped solidify how much I enjoy her character. And damn it, it's making me want a pocket/fob watch again. -has always wanted one-

SyFY is running a Season Four marathon tomorrow, starting at 8 a.m.

SyFY is running a Season Four marathon tomorrow, starting at 8 a.m.

Thanks, Lagie. I didn't know that, but now I know what I'll be watching tomorrow.

You know, I've been on the fence with how I feel about Martha this entire time... until now. Human Nature has helped solidify how much I enjoy her character. And damn it, it's making me want a pocket/fob watch again. -has always wanted one-

Shame she's doey-eyed over the Doc though.

*sighs* Yeah. I'm a bit annoyed how important romance, especially between the Doctor and his companions have become. That's part of why Donna was so brilliant; a purely platonic relationship.

Martha is fifteen kinds of awesome though.

True. And they hammer it in a little too much dry.gif

I mean, yeah, the whole Doctor/Rose thing could get a bit much at times, but it... was somehow less annoying than this ._.

And damn it Space, WHY DO YOU NOT SHOW DOCTOR WHO ON FRIDAYS? I don't want to wait three days to see Blink!

Edited by Dr. Paine

user posted image

I'll drink to that biggrin.gif And I don't drink!

... also, it is VERY unsettling to listen to The Master's theme and realize the drumbeats are also in the freaking Doctor Who theme song.

I'm starting to think that I might actually look into this show a bit, as I usually do when I want to understand what the hype is about. :,D

Join us, lightbird. Joiiinnnn ussssssssss.

After reading that infographic on the last page I've kinda been wanting to try and find the old episodes... I want to know more about the history of the Doctor and the Time Wars and all.