Completely Different

Doctor Who

ok i am still new to Dr. Who. I have seen all eps. and special for Doctor 9-11 so far. and i am now watching the old show. i have seen up to the first Doctor leaving Susan. so my question is what the deal. did she die/forget her/?. she says she missed her planet of Gallifrey so she is a time lord too right? was she the old women is the last ep with the 10th Doctor.

Word of God (read: Russel T. Davies) that the woman in white was the Doctor's mom.

I believe that its been pretty much assumed that Susan is dead, most likely dying in the Time-War.

Here's a link to the Doctor Who wiki on Susan.  http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Susan_Foreman  There are a lot of spoilers if you decide to read it.

ty i have read half so far..the wiki says nothing of her death and it seems she stayed on earth. and they list her as on of a few possibility of playing the old woman in that ep.

Edited by ashhaidragon

ty i have read half so far..the wiki says nothing of her death and it seems she stayed on earth. and they list her as on of a few possibility of playing the old woman in that ep.

Your welcome. If you go down to almost the bottom of the article, you'll see a paragraph titled Fate that gives her believed "fate".

Word of God (read: Russel T. Davies) that the woman in white was the Doctor's mom.

I believe that its been pretty much assumed that Susan is dead, most likely dying in the Time-War.

She's been lost for so long... I assume she's the White Guardian xd.png

Can't wait to find out who/what/the group the Silence is

Hopefully, the Silence will be a brand new foe altogether.

And I am sure the Doctor's daughter will turn up again someday.

That... I don't even watch CSI and that...

... I cracked up at 'An Ood' xd.png

"A Dalek, in an Elevator."

I was just rewatching Dr. Who again today. Man, could "Voyage of the Damned" make him any more like a Jesus/God figure? Not very subtle, they are.

*giggles* An ood! That's brilliant.

...right. To continue with he DW love, here is John Barrowman singing a very special Doctor-version of 'The Wizard and I'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jv010KRU4Q

Edit: And lol, no, they really aren't Rhea. But my sister and I cheered at the over the top hookiness, so its not all bad.

Edited by Completely Different

I was just rewatching Dr. Who again today. Man, could "Voyage of the Damned" make him any more like a Jesus/God figure? Not very subtle, they are.

Never seen that one... stupid channel doesn't show the specials dry.gif But I've seen the first half of Daleks in Manhattan today and... the 'Human Dalek'. I... I don't like that thing. Partly because its head looks a little like Mother Brain.

Got them in a lot of trouble over here with that imagery. The Catholic church kicked up a stink I believe.

Then again RJD doesn't seem to hold religion in very high esteem - he slipped in 666 references all over the place, and death always led to nothing.

Edited by Kestra15

... Bahahahaha...

I've just checked the schedule, I will be seeing Blink for the first time... Valentine's Day!

sad.gif

I wanted to watch Blink (I accidentally had it deleted). It's a little difficult writing about Weeping Angels when you've only watched Time of Angels and the rest xd.png

The Weeping Angels scare the crap outta me... (and, Kestra, was it you who had them as your icon here? Whoever it was gave me nightmares for a while... I only recently learned they were from Doctor Who...[and by recently, I mean, like, yesterday])

Anyway, I started watching Doctor Who a while ago, but kinda forgot about it after 'Father's Day'. Watched 'An Empty Child' and 'The Doctor Dances' yesterday...

I saw a few Tennant episodes on BBCAmerica. My mum watched one with me...I think she liked it, but we haven't really watched it since... (mostly because we keep missing it when it's on and we don't have DVR)

I think, out of the ones I've seen, 'Father's Day' has been among my favourites. 'The Empty Child', 'The Doctor Dances', and 'Midnight' and 'Turn Left' were really great, too, IMO.

The Weeping Angels scare the crap outta me... (and, Kestra, was it you who had them as your icon here? Whoever it was gave me nightmares for a while... I only recently learned they were from Doctor Who...[and by recently, I mean, like, yesterday])

I did had an alternating Weeping Angel avatar.

Favorite eps: The Girl in the Fireplace (the first ever episode of Doctor Who that I watched), The Shakespeare Code, "The Unicorn and the Wasp", "Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead" and "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances".

I know it's weird considering it's a sci-fi show but I just love the episodes where they go back in history.

Favorite companions: Martha was nice but Donna was my favorite, "Runaway Bride" just makes me laugh so hard and second Captain Jack tongue.gif

Yeah I know, I'm a Tennant- fangirl. It's just that he was my first Doctor so I kind of got used to him.

I know it's weird considering it's a sci-fi show but I just love the episodes where they go back in history.

Sci-fi doesn't mean it has to be futuristic :~)

I did had an alternating Weeping Angel avatar.

I was always wondering what your avatar meant... what are weeping angels?

I was always wondering what your avatar meant... what are weeping angels?

The creepiest monsters Doctor Who has produced.

They're stone statues in the forms of angels, often seen covering their eyes. Well, sometimes. The Doctor explains; "They don't exist when they're being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock, no choice, it's a fact of their biology, in the sight of any living thing they literally turn to stone. And you can't kill a stone. 'Course a stone can't kill you either but then you turn your head away, then you blink, and oh yes it can."

They're fast; so fast that you can't even see them move. They can snap your neck and use your body as puppets, or send you back in time, living off the energy of the days-you-could-have-had.

The creepiest monsters Doctor Who has produced.

They're stone statues in the forms of angels, often seen covering their eyes. Well, sometimes. The Doctor explains; "They don't exist when they're being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock, no choice, it's a fact of their biology, in the sight of any living thing they literally turn to stone. And you can't kill a stone. 'Course a stone can't kill you either but then you turn your head away, then you blink, and oh yes it can."

They're fast; so fast that you can't even see them move. They can snap your neck and use your body as puppets, or send you back in time, living off the energy of the days-you-could-have-had.

You know, I've heard Blink actually had warnings about how scary it was and should be watched by day.

So, naturally, I am going to watch it at night, in a pitch black room. But hey, I'll have leftover TARDIS cake biggrin.gif

You know, I've heard Blink actually had warnings about how scary it was and should be watched by day.

So, naturally, I am going to watch it at night, in a pitch black room. But hey, I'll have leftover TARDIS cake biggrin.gif

Hey, that's how I watched it. Also, get some friends over if you can. It was way more fun when I had other people screaming with me. xd.png

May the Doctor have mercy on your soul.

Don't blink.

I got to series 5. I don't like Amy or the Eleventh Doctor. I like the Tenth Doctor. I plan to skip series 5 and go back to Season 1 Episode 1 Doctor 1.