Completely Different

Doctor Who

I wear a Stetson now...

Oh, for those who missed it, a reference to the Silence was in the song by Jenkins:

"When you're alone, silence is all you see,

When you're alone, silence is all you'll be."

Edited by Kestra15

..i wanna watch this years christmas episode now...=3

Mind-ffff extreme.

So, Series Six looks scary as heck. I never was creeped by Red-eye Ood, but green-yellow Eye Ood looks scary. And what's with the random symbols covering Amy and River's skin? And the dolls in the house (Neil Gaiman, I know you wrote that one) as well as creepy stretched guy standing in front of the window in the room...

I will spend the next year hiding behind the sofa with my sonic screwdriver.

Why is there an Angel in the ro

I know there actors, but it's hard to not think that he's engaged to his twice daughter.

I'm able to brush off the slight weirdness of that all by imaging the Doctor Gene Lottery that any potential Moffet-Tennant kids will have. Sounds like a future Doctor actor in the making, no? xd.png

On the new series; sooooo looking forward to it. I'm rubbing my fingers in anticipation.

Also thought I would drop this off here: Mark Watches Doctor Who

http://markwatches.net/reviews/

Basically, a guy called Mark, who had never seen the show before, is watching Doctor Who episodes and writing a review at the end of each one. It includes both Classic and New Who, and he so far seems to be loving it. (He's just watched 'City of Death' and is going to start on Tennant tomorrow with 'The Christmas Invasion').

I love his reviews; they make you relieve the awesomeness of first watching the episodes all over again.

I'm able to brush off the slight weirdness of that all by imaging the Doctor Gene Lottery that any potential Moffet-Tennant kids will have. Sounds like a future Doctor actor in the making, no? xd.png

Screw that, their children will be Gallifreyan!

skittles daleks are not srs.

You point and laugh at their rainbowness

user posted image

I'm... not....

wat?

-brain explodes between this and having seen her first episode with the 10th Doctor *Werewolf one, and HOLY EPIC NERD GLASSES*-

Damn it, where did I put the DVDs, I need to start watching again...

ETA: Out of curiosity, who supports the idea that we should follow in TV Tropes' footsteps and create a list of the DC Time Lords and Ladies/companions/etc?

Edited by Dr. Paine

ETA: Out of curiosity, who supports the idea that we should follow in TV Tropes' footsteps and create a list of the DC Time Lords and Ladies/companions/etc?

I am Mr Kestra.

I love love love Doctor Who! I'm a little late to this thread, but yeah, I don't have a favorite Doctor, but I think Martha is my favorite companion.

Hmmm... I can be 'The other Doctor'? xd.png I have no clue.

In other Whovian news, I am currently watching Genesis of the Daleks, and learned my aunt has the patterns for knitting the Doctor Who scarf. I am willing to learn to knit and pay for all the yarn needed to make it, because I need a good scarf xd.png

In other Whovian news, I am currently watching Genesis of the Daleks, and learned my aunt has the patterns for knitting the Doctor Who scarf. I am willing to learn to knit and pay for all the yarn needed to make it, because I need a good scarf xd.png

As in, Tom Baker's extensive scarf of doom?

As in, Tom Baker's extensive scarf of doom?

Yep. I plan to make it, in all of its floor trailing, multi-colored glory.

I already regret this choice quite a bit x3

ETA: After watching some of the second series, I've come to realize that my first Doctor was, in fact, 10 biggrin.gif I watched one episode on the Sci-Fi channel one night, loved it, and tried catching it... but failed miserably until I forgot about the show.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Have fun. smile.gif I love that scarf.

Sure, why not? /doesn't know what she'd be

The Tin Dog?

Sounds good.

Except instead of 'tin', we could go for 'slimy'; and instead of dog, we can go with 'tentacle monster'.

Because everything needs moar tentacle. (Hello, OOC thread!)

I am now currently on the last three episodes of Series 2, and waiting for my local sci-fi channel to hit Series 3 (should be on by the end of the month). Really looking forward to 'Blink' smile.gif

And I'd like to say, my favorite episode (of what I've seen so far) has got to be a tie between The Girl in the Fireplace and The Satan Pit... Fireplace may edge out Pit simply because of the whole banana daiquiri joke/necktie on the head. And awesome clockwork robots.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I am now currently on the last three episodes of Series 2, and waiting for my local sci-fi channel to hit Series 3 (should be on by the end of the month). Really looking forward to 'Blink' smile.gif

Don't blink.

Don't blink.

Hey, no angels in this house.

except... those... creepy cherub things in the hall..

Oh crap.

And Dalek/Cybermen trash talk... this episode was freaking me out for a moment, then that came on xd.png

Final ETA: I am now officially done with series two, and only just starting to stop bawling. Absolutely fantastic work on there... and honestly, while I can see why some fans may dislike Rose, I really liked her, and the actress gave a hell of a performance in the end there.

... I need a tissue...

Edited by Dr. Paine

I just disliked how she kept coming back, with the whole romance subplot. In and of herself she was good though.

Now watching 'Flesh and Stone.' Want to walk with your eyes closed through a forest of energy?

'Vampires of Venice' now. Such a funny episode!

Smith and Jones.. gotta say, the rhino guys were odd. The plasmavore with a bendy straw just kind of scared me.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Martha, and finally catching up with what was my very first Doctor Who episode.

ok i am still new to Dr. Who. I have seen all eps. and special for Doctor 9-11 so far. and i am now watching the old show. i have seen up to the first Doctor leaving Susan. so my question is what the deal. did she die/forget her/?. she says she missed her planet of Gallifrey so she is a time lord too right? was she the old women is the last ep with the 10th Doctor.

Here's a link to the Doctor Who wiki on Susan. http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Susan_Foreman There are a lot of spoilers if you decide to read it.

If I understand correctly, the episode you watched is not the last one she will appear in.

Edited by rubyshoes