Kythe

How many Red Dragons would you need...

Do you expect to give away a lot of hatchlings rather than raising them?

Otherwise, I agree with Fiona's maths: You're set with 49.

With 14 reds, you could incubate once a day.

Any incubated egg should ideally hatch after two days.

Assuming you incubate each egg, you can grab on average 2 eggs per day. To incubate 2 times per day, you need 28 red dragons.

5 egg slots means 2.5 eggs per day, 35 reds

6 egg slots -> 3 eggs per day, 42 reds

7 egg slots -> 3.5 eggs per day, 49 reds

I have 22, and they've worked fine up until now, but with my gold trophy I'm feeling I need to double their numbers, so that's my plan.

I have 22, and they've worked fine up until now, but with my gold trophy I'm feeling I need to double their numbers, so that's my plan.

I have 12... And I'm with my gold trophy, I might... just might need more. o____o;

working on the math for all trophies...

EDIT: never mind. im bored, tongue.gif

Edited by libby2999

I only have 64 reds. I need more.

I tend to get more of my eggs from the AP than the cave, and I go for the ones with 6 or less days, so that when I incubate, I only have them as eggs for around 1 day or less.

I have used 8 incubates so far today. Since 1 of my eggs is an ER, and 1 is 4d 3h now, I'll need another 2 incubates within 6 hours.

I think another 80 or so should do me well.

-

Hmmm, just checked. I only have 39 incubates left. Some were used before the updates, but I used more than 15 between yesterday and today.

I think I'll need another 180.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Hmm... I'm an impatient sort, I like incubating all the eggs I catch/breed. And I have a silver trophy, so... 42 reds? That's a magic number, heh. I've scroll-locked myself with pygmies that I wasn't able to collect before, a female bright-breasted wyvern that I was -FINALLY- able to breed today, and a couple of purples. I'm hoping to get back to being able to produce at least one silver egg to give to somebody per week; I have a ridiculous number of silvers. That means an equally ridiculous number of purples. So, I need to stockpile purples and... 31 reds. Whew. New goals ahoy! biggrin.gif

I've used 18 incubates since the "changes" so I hope I have enough reds to keep it with my incubate needs. I tend to grab low time eggs and incubate for hatchies rather than catching/breeding 7 day eggs and incubating them.

I've used 18 incubates since the "changes" so I hope I have enough reds to keep it with my incubate needs. I tend to grab low time eggs and incubate for hatchies rather than catching/breeding 7 day eggs and incubating them.

Me too :< I really need to increase my red count by about double. Luckily these limits mean I can raise a few at a time.

I'd need as many as I can get! I'm often egg locked and am trying to get my eggs hatched as fast as I can, and right now I have 8 reds, but that definitely doesn't seem to be enough.

I have 32 and still waiting on them to come off cool down more often than I'd like.

I have 66 adult Reds plus 1 egg (and 19 frozen hatchlings). I think of it as not needing any more, since I don't trade much and mostly breed my own eggs or get Cave Born so I just need the standard 49. But I like Reds and keep adding to the total.

Can't really have too many Reds.

I have 66 adult Reds plus 1 egg (and 19 frozen hatchlings). I think of it as not needing any more, since I don't trade much and mostly breed my own eggs or get Cave Born so I just need the standard 49. But I like Reds and keep adding to the total.

Can't really have too many Reds.

Agreed!

I've got 107.

(108 if you count the newly-bred red egg on my scroll.)

The joys of purebred breeding projects. <3

Short answer, 7x, where x is your number of egg slots.

I figured this out by figuring out how many egg batches would go through in the two week period that it takes for the bsa to cool down. Since we are aiming for maximum efficiency, we can assume that it takes 2 days for a batch to be processed (3 days to normally hatch minus 1 day from bsa). Lucky for us, 2 goes into fourteen rather nicely, as seven. You might want to add another seven, since it technically takes 2 days and one hour to mature on this system, but since I dubt your going to stay up all night for the sake of efficiency, I think you're safe.

The magic nubers boil down to

28 for four eggs

35 for five eggs

42 for six eggs

49 for seven eggs.

Edited by Jack_Indivisible

I really suck at math, but what if you base it off all available slots for hatchlings and and eggs? Is 49 still enough if you are in the habit of picking up low time eggs and hatching them immediately until you are completely scroll locked?

I tried to think it through but only got a headache for my efforts. xd.png

I've only got 4 Reds atm. You can always have too less of Red Dragons! Anyways, I usually just use Incubate on rares, and I barely get those anyways. :/ My current ones always breeds eggs that end up being its mates breed. wink.gif

If you have the Gold trophy and want to incubate all of your eggs, you need 49 Reds.

Seven eggs every second day makes 49 eggs in two weeks.

I do that and I have a little more than 50 Reds. Never had to struggle with too less Reds.

I have 16. I rarely run out of incubates because i deal in hatchys more than eggs, and because i dont incubate every egg that hits my scroll.

I think 28 is a fair number though... 14 for week one, 14 for week two. Another 7 added on for those lucky low time, but not quite ready to hatch eggs in between.

I figured this out one time, when I was in the Common's Collectors Competition. If you have 52 Reds (this is for a Gold trophy, it's going to be less for lower trophy limits), you won't run out of incubate, but just barely - by hours. I now have 76 Reds, and of course I incubate everything that comes my way, except for Tinsels. wink.gif

You get 7 eggs, incubate them all. They hatch in 2 days. Get 7 more, incubate again - now in a span of 4 days you've incubated 14 already. Within 6 days, you can incubate 21 eggs, and then the first batch grows up, and you go again. There are some delays, as you wait for hatchies to grow, but you can see where I'm going. With the 2 week cool down on the Reds, you need the buffer. 52 will do it, but get a few more for safety sake - specially if you are in a competition like that one.

Edited by Cheystar

One thing you have to take into account is if you like to hunt the AP for low-time eggs. You can actually hatch 7 eggs (gold scrolls) and hatch 7 more in less than a day after that if you're grabbing low-time eggs and incubating them. Eventually, you do run into the "living things" limit of 21, but realistically, you don't start with a clear scroll and 7 new eggs in this process. You have eggs and hatchlings at all stages of the hatching process. You also might be able to turn over slots on your scroll more quickly if you're freezing hatchlings or giving them away/trading for lower-timed hatchlings.

Last Christmas, I had about 50 reds and went crazy picking up low-time eggs for quick hatching and lots of freezing (I ran out of freezes!), and I did actually run out of incubates. I have around 80 reds now and I still work my 7 slots pretty hard, but I haven't run out of incubates in a while now. When I had 60 reds, I still struggled to find one that had an incubate left. That seemed to ease up completely around 70 reds.

But! Now that we'll be able to sort by BSA, I think 60ish reds would be fine for a gold badge who likes to hunt the AP and turn over eggs more quickly.