Kythe

How many Red Dragons would you need...

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever worked it out how many Red Dragons you would need if you wanted to always be able to incubate every egg you got without having to worry about cool down times either by some mathematical process or having actually collected enough Reds to do this. Not that you would always want to incubate every single egg ever, because there are definitely situations where you wouldn't want to, but I would definitely like to have enough Reds to do this just because.

I've started to try to work it out mathematically but it's far too complicated for me so I've just given up. So has anyone out there actually collected enough Reds to be able to do this, and if so how many did it take? If you actually did manage to collect enough Reds to always be able to incubate your new eggs, do you actually incubate all your new eggs all the time, or only on certain occasions?

I think if I had enough Reds always be able to incubate every egg, I probably would incubate all of them, unless I decided to adopt an egg from the AP with not much time left. This doesn't mean however that I would always keep the maximum amount of eggs on my scroll at once. (I admit I have been doing that a lot lately, but I will probably scroll lock myself less once my collection gets more complete.)

I have 23 Reds and always have an incubate available when I want it. smile.gif

I don't know how many you would need. I myself have 19 reds right now (though one of those is a hatchling) and have never had an issue of not having one when I need it, but I don't always incubate every egg.

Well consitoring that you can have a maximum of 5 ( includinon bred one ) amd the cool down is around two weeks 5x14= 70 reds would be the number of reds that you might need usally it takes about 4 days for and egg to hatch so my estimate is the highest amount of reds need to do what you are talking about.

I have 18 and do run short by a day or two if I incubate everything. My goal is 20 for now, though. If it ends up taking more I will just breed until I have it perfect. I suspect it will be more like 22.

Well, consider a completely unscroll-locked scroll.

Let's say you always have 4 eggs when you pick up eggs, and not five, just to be simple.

4 Reds would be needed for those eggs, bringing egg time down to 6 days. Those 4 reds (let's call them Red Group A) no longer can be used for 14 days, so we'll catalogue the amount of reds that you'd need in the interim.

2 days (approximately) later, those incubated eggs grow into hatchlings. Let's say that you bred/caught four more eggs by timing it correctly. Those four new eggs require four new Reds (Red Group cool.gif to use incubate on. Our total goes up to 8 reds with the four new eggs being at 6 days. The hatchlings, of course, are at 7 days.

2 days later, the eggs hatch. The first egg group, that are hatchlings, are at 5 days left (or one day before growing), and the second egg group is at 7 days left as hatchlings.

1 day later, the first egg group has grown into adults. Let's say you now breed 4 more eggs (3rd egg group) from your scroll, just for this example, and have Red Group C (4 dragons) incubate them. Now the second egg group has 6 days left, the 3rd egg group has 6 days left, and you own 12 red dragons.

2 more days pass, and the third egg group hatches while the second egg group grows. You now can breed/collect four more eggs (egg group 4), which your Red Group D (up to 16 dragons in the first week) can now incubate.

We'll call this the end of week 1. Currently, user has 4 hatchlings (7 days), 4 eggs (6 days). Red Group A has 7 days to incubate.

In 2 days, the eggs hatch, leaving the user with 8 hatchlings (some with 5 days, some with 7).

After 1 more day, egg group 3 matures. Egg group four (hatchlings) is still at 6 days. Four more eggs can be gotten, and Red Group E (20 dragons) incubates them.

2 days later egg group four matures, egg group five hatches (7 days left). You gain four new eggs (egg group 6), and have Red Group F (24 dragons total) incubate them.

2 days later, egg group 6 hatches, leaving you with 8 hatchlings, some with 5 days, some with 7. However, by this stage your Red Group A can incubate again in 1 day when the hatchlings grow up and you can gain another so many amount of eggs.

So for a decently full and consistently locked breeding scroll? My verdict, long winded as it was, is 24 red dragons. <3 Sorry if the logic is wack.

Well consitoring that you can have a maximum of 5 ( includinon bred one ) amd the cool down is around two weeks 5x14= 70 reds would be the number of reds that you might need usally it takes about 4 days for and egg to hatch so my estimate is the highest amount of reds need to do what you are talking about.

Yeah someone I talked to tried to use that logic, and yeah 70 would be the absolute maximum you would need, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need nearly that many considering that you cannot get 5 new eggs every day single day. As far as how long it takes the egg to hatch, I can usually get enough views so that the egg hatches as soon as it drops below 4 days, even when incubating the egg. So when incubating my eggs it usually only takes a little over 2 days I think for them to hatch.

I have 18 and do run short by a day or two if I incubate everything.  My goal is 20 for now, though.  If it ends up taking more I will just breed until I have it perfect.  I suspect it will be more like 22.

Hmm my original goal was to get 16(I'm at 10 now if you count my 2 hatchlings), but I guess I'll change my goal to 20 Reds and see how it goes. Will be interested to see how you fair as well with your Reds. smile.gif

ETA: Thanks for the very well thought out response Fumagine. I guess only time will tell if 24 Reds will be sufficient for me.

Edited by Kythe

Somebody did work it out for the upcoming increases, but I can't remember what thread it was on...

But it was a humongous number.

I think you'd need at least 60-80 if I did the math right in my head, and. . .

Oh wait, someone else here already did the math.

I was close then. I myself have one right now, but thats because I haven't been that interested in having them to be honest.

If my math that I did a while back is correct, I believe you need 49 reds with a gold trophy. I don't remember when I multiplied though.

I like reds, and I like incubate. But I'm not sure I would want that many red dragons =x Granted, once I finish my normal scroll goals maybe I'll do something like a holiday even-gen with them.

What I do want more of is pinks. I don't mind the eggs hatching a day later, but it sucks when they gender wrong.

I wasn't sure how many would be needed but I stopped at 72. I'll grab more later if needed.

After the update people with gold badges will be able to grab 7 eggs. How many reds will you need then? Also, up to a certain point, hatchlings won't count for locking your scroll, which means that you'll be able to grab more eggs sooner.

I certainly need to pick up some more Reds after the updates. But as of now, the six I have are perfectly fine and suit my needs. wink.gif

I don't know how many dragons I'll need after the update, but I'm guessing I won't incubate any more than 4-5 of them.

I currently have 31 reds and the need for more (lineages), so that number is likely to increase drastically as time goes on.

Yeah, my goal is ~50.

I'm assuming that I'll be incubating all 7 eggs and they'll hatch in 2 days. Then grabbing another 7 when they've hatched.

So 7 incubates every 2 days. With a cooldown of 14 days, you'll be incubating 7 eggs, 7 times which is 49 incubated.

Nice and simple xd.png

I did the math for this, (though it was awhile ago) and I think airaani is right for the number of reds needed for a gold trophy level. That is assuming that you always grab/breed 7 eggs every two days, and that you don't incubate any eggs that you subsequently abandon/teleport away. (leaving room for grabbing/breeding another egg needing incubated)

The math is 7 eggs per day x 14 day cool down / 2 days to hatch = 49.

A silver trophy level scroll would be 6 x 14 / 2 or 42. Bronze would be 5 x 14 /2 = 35. A scroll with no trophy yet would need 4 x 14 / 2 or 28.

I need, at least, 10 more. That's impossible for one week (or not?) but I will try biggrin.gif

I have 11 counting my hatchling. Since I have a silver medal, this means I'll need 31 more. That could take some time. xd.png But I'm going to focus on my other BSA commons (Purples and Magi) first because I have even less of those breeds.

As I don't incubate everything, I currently have ~8 reds. But I always try to get more BSA dragons if I'm not hunting something else. 20 reds would be enough for me.