earthgirl

Your biggest fear?

I guess my biggest fear actually is the being alone thing. I used to think it was dumb but I dunno... It's so easy for me to disconnect from people. Maybe I'm just sore over the fact that friendships with two people I thought truly cared for me ended so bitterly. *shrug* So I'll go with being dependent; basically a burden on someone since I can't drive and I already have bad health for my age. I don't want to lose anymore of my independence because I cherish it.

Edited by Indelicately

Ronald McDonald.

That is all.

^This. So much.

I have an irrational fear for clowns in general. He reminds me of a clown, thus I am frightened by him. :<

"Obviously, there's a rapist in Linkin Park.." - Antoine Dodson

Yeah. Linkin Park seemed harmless, but now.. amirite?

Being drowned. I'm not afraid of drowning except if someone was drowning me.

Being stuck in a small place and not being able to get out.

Big waves, like tsunamis. I'm always afraid that they'll suck me under. Even though I love the ocean.

Needles.

I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Any type of worm. -shudder- I know how irrational that is, but I just can't stop being afraid.

Blindness and deafness probably come second. I can't imagine never being able to listen to music or hear people talk, and I would hate not being able to read (normal, non-Braille) books.

I used to be absolutely terrified of death. The idea of dying and then spending an eternity in the afterlife doing nothing (My mom explained Heaven as just floating around being in God's presence) scared me stiff. But in the last few years I've realized that I don't care that much and I don't really believe in an afterlife.

Hmm, all I have disappearing or dying and me being left to live my life without my friends, family, or valuables.

Also becoming backseated in my mind, unable to control my actions, only able to see what my body was doing. Especially if it was killing my family ect.

I find it interesting that so many people are afraid of blindness. :/

I don't have any big phobias, but I don't like anything over me when swimming. I think it would be different if I was scuba diving or snorkeling, but I've never done either so I wouldn't know. Also, smile dog. It's CREEPY. I only glanced at it and barely remember what it looks like, but I remember how it made me feel. Very strange how an image can do that. Being very extroverted I have a fear of rejection as well.

So really, I couldn't tell you what my biggest fear is, something that makes me really, truly, chilled-to-the-bone afraid, and maybe i have yet to find it. 0.0 With any luck though, I don't have one.

Hmmm, well, I don't have a fear of going blind/deaf or of insects or even lonliness(like many people here).

I guess one of my biggest fears might be getting struck by lightening. My Grandpa and my best friend both got struck.

I guess I'm also scared of dying. I don't want the people whom I love and love me to have that feeling.

Oooh, i'm also scared of vaccuming/ lawn-mowing things like hard surfaces.

Edited by AmberEmber

Anyone else see that episode of House were they start the Autopsy when he's still alive?

Oh, yes. Terrific episode.

Hm, let's see now. Parasites - I saw a documentary of a woman who got infected with all sorts of bug eggs, hatched inside of her body, developed there, bred, placed more eggs and infected the entire organism until they had no places left to continue living and had to come out through the skin. Horrible scene.

Another thing would be ending up alone, in a few years. I am a pretty solitary person and I establish relationships very difficult, but even though I am okay with it now, the idea of living and dying alone is just. Uh. Not being able obtain a home or a job is another fear. Or failing to develop a career.

Somebody posted that they were afraid of dying in their sleep - I would be thrilled to go down that way. As long as it involves no pain, I'm okay with any sort of death, actually.

My fears are:

-Death of my loved ones

-Cutting off a finger in the kitchen. (Because that would prevent me from completing my dreams)

-Sudden loud noises

Loneliness. Not just 'I'll never find someone/I only have about 3 friends/I cannot connect with people', but being on my own. I get panicky when no one else is around and start imagining noises. If I go to the bathroom at night I quite often get spooked and run back to my bed to hide under the covers for a few minutes. xd.png

Dying while knowing I was dying, so knowing I was suffocating/freezing/burning/drowning/losing blood/being beaten to death etc.

I fear needles

Hospitals

Asylums

Doctors

Small rooms

Darkness (not so much outside)

Long white hallways

and nurses...as you can tell I never go to see doctors. I fear them, they are the devil <.<

I noticed a lot of people fear death, I don't really fear it. Death will happen so let it happen. However I say if I have to die I want to go out in the most epic way. Maybe be the victum of some sociopath who cuts me up slowly and feeds me to dogs. Sounds weird but I don't want a calm death. I want to go out of this world in a harsh way...maybe then i can be a ghost and haunt people >:D

Edited by Delphine

Bugs, Spiders, Crabs, and TOILETS! AHHHHHHH!

This. Is one of my greatest fears. The last part.

I remember going to the countryside where toilets are, er, home made (and dug). The one near the house we were living in was pretty far away and had its floors were made of worn wood. I once thought of what would happen if you the floor breaks and the idea still haunts me. Nobody can hear you, the pit is vertical, maggots... Just don't think about it too intensely, please! I'd rather have you think it's a silly death rather than... what I imagined. *shudders*

I don't necessarily fear death itself, more dying too soon.

I don't really want to get old. No wrinkles plz.

Hopefully I'll die in some tragic hot-air balloon accident when I'm about 59 or so.

That would be fine.

I don't necessarily fear death itself, more dying too soon.

I don't really want to get old. No wrinkles plz.

Hopefully I'll die in some tragic hot-air balloon accident when I'm about 59 or so.

That would be fine.

Now that would be a way to go out, or in an old crop duster biggrin.gif I want to fly a crop duster now when I am 50 and crash it into a barn just like in Secondhand Lion.

Now that would be a way to go out, or in an old crop duster biggrin.gif I want to fly a crop duster now when I am 50 and crash it into a barn just like in Secondhand Lion.

That movie is fantastic! No one knows about it... The voice of Roy Mustang from the Fullmetal Alchemist movie is in that as one of the greasers! I met him. He had great stories about working on that movie. xd.png

Seriously. I don't want it to be a long death. Something quick and fantastic.

Tragic blimp accident works too.

I also fear, spiders. I really do. Freaky little censorkip.gif

That movie is fantastic! No one knows about it... The voice of Roy Mustang from the Fullmetal Alchemist movie is in that as one of the greasers! I met him. He had great stories about working on that movie. xd.png

Seriously. I don't want it to be a long death. Something quick and fantastic.

Tragic blimp accident works too.

I also fear, spiders. I really do. Freaky little censorkip.gif

I use to fear spiders until I realized how interesting they are. Such amazing creatures when you think of it and that some can even eat BIRDS O.O great animal. If they could reach the size of house cats they could kill and eat human even. Good thing they can't ^-^

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010...-be-afraid.html

That pretty much sums up how I feel about spiders. Except I don't have the guts to squish them.

Interesting vs scary is a whole different thing. Sharks are interesting. And scary.

I mean I like sharks, but not enough that I want to go diving with them. And I'd like to never encounter them whilst swimming.

Ha...

I don't know if it's a fear, but scary movies.

I don't like them. It's not so much the movie itself, but my mind making everything I saw even worse and trying to get me to believe whatever I saw in that movie is now lurking around every corner of my house...

1 - Spiders. There's one under my closet right now, and I can hear it running around, but I can't get to it to kill it. I've been anxious all evening.

2 - Losing the people I love. Strangely enough, I'm not that afraid anymore of dying myself since my near-drowning. I felt at ease...

3 - Failing my studies/my career.

4 - Pregnancy.

5 - Getting a sickness like cancer, HIV,.. that would mean a slow and painful death.

6 - Darkness in unknown places.

And some others I can't think of atm.

Edited by Trope