earthgirl

Your biggest fear?

I just woke up from a nightmare that TJ had released 1000s of new dragon breeds into the Cave for this month's New Release!! *facepalm* Now I officially know I am addicted to DC! xd.png

To be honest, I'm not scared of anything.

Not even death, death is death, you don't live forever...

If I end up dying, I'll let it be.

My worst fear by far is an infestation of bedbugs. Not the microscopic kind, but the big kind that you can see....that drink your blood......horrible.

Failure. Not achieving my main dreams. Not being able to enjoy my life as I want. Staying stuck in a bad life situation like right now/being stuck in a country I don't want.

Edited by EmmaScarlet

Paralysis and brain damage. Experienced the first and was millimetres away from the second once before, it sucked.

Brain damage is especially terrifying to me when I think about how it could impact who I am as a person. Would I still be me? Would I still have the capacity to make decisions for myself? It would probably hurt my family more than me in the end, I might not even have the capacity to understand how much brain damage would impact me, but them? We already have enough problems without adding that to them.

Paralysis I could live with, I've done it before and overcame it; but it would probably destroy me worse than the first time around. If it were permanent, I'd have to adapt the same way I struggled to adapt to not having a properly functioning body. That'd probably come quicker than recovering from the depression it'd cause. I'd be a wreck for a while either way.

My biggest fears are getting shots from the doctor, and being buried alive.

The shots are because I just don't like the feeling of having to be stabbed every couple of years. Yeah, I know a lot of people tell me 'Oh, it's just a little pinch.' but it doesn't work like that for me. I don't really like it when people punch holes in my body, no thank you. :wacko:

Being buried alive, I just think it would be terrifying to be thrown into a grave, the people burying me knowing I'm still breathing and feeling like them. The feeling of having to sit in a coffin (or just plan dirt), still alive while you slowly run out of oxygen sounds horrible. 

Failure, dogs, an irrational belief that I have to be right all the time so people don't judge me for having a wrong answer, etc.

Probably death. Thinking about it sends me into a crisis almost every time, tears included.

Since my migraine attacks also make me lose my ability to speak words properly, I've recently become more afraid of losing my ability to speak in general. It's terrifying and humiliating to be able to only speak gibberish.

A cage, or fear itself.

Also, I understand the fear of speech loss. I used to have mild epilepsy and speech apraxia, and I never found out if they were related. Sometimes, my mouth just skips over sounds because my brain processes too fast for it to keep up.

Edited by Sesshomaru

Most definitely being completely on my own, on the streets, or lost somewhere, with no one ...forever.

Alzheimer's disease is close second, though.

Closely followed by full-body paralysis and not being able to communicate in any way through it.

I wanted to share a philosophical tidbit, in case anyone reading was struggling with the fear of death. I've never personally experienced the fear, probably due to my open mind and deep connection with myself and nature, but I know not everyone is so fortunate, and different minds work in unexpected ways.

In today's society, the brain is overwhelmingly conditioned to require proof before it accepts something. The trick, I've found, is to "de-condition" your mind, or unplug yourself from modern society, and get back in touch with your natural, spiritual self. Following this path, I can honestly say I've never felt invalidated when I encounter someone who believes something I don't (or vice versa, although I can get a little irritated if they act in a typical human fashion, like their belief is the only correct one), and the only proof I've ever required is a feeling. Your heart will always steer you right, even when nothing else does.

I see a few people have mentioned fearing losing the ability to speak... Yeah, that's terrifying. I have severe anxiety issues that sometimes results in serious anxiety attacks, and when it's at it's worst I do lose the ability to speak normally. It's basically like my mind is in a fog, I'm trying to speak (usually to answer my mom's scared questions) but my brain-mouth connection doesn't seem to work, or works very very slowly to where it takes me multiple minutes to get a sentence out. It's really one of the most terrifying things about my anxiety, it makes me feel more helpless and scared then any other symptom.

I am really Arachnophobia. But it's more 'kill on sight' than a fear. I once had a dream that one of the bug bites that I have is a spider egg sac and when I popped it, baby spiders started coming out. That is when I woke up. Funnily enough, I was completely calm throughout the dream. Even when I popped the sac.

Edited by CrownedLime747

I'm scared of losing people I've become attached to deciding to leave me. I'm also afraid of the dark.

Welp, since I just had this scare literally two minutes ago.... My dog getting run over by a car. My dog is a bit of an escape artist, no matter how careful we are every so often he'll tear out of the house when we open the door. He always comes back, usually within a half hour or less, he usually just goes running around the apartment complex for a bit... But twice now he has ran across the parking lot. That scares the crap out of me. It's an apartment complex parking lot so it's not like it's a freeway or anything, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't get hurt if he dodged out at the wrong time. I've lost two dogs in my lifetime, Tasha fairly recently (two years ago, still hurts like heck), losing Hippie is just not something I know how to handle right now. 

Dogs. One once bit my face and now the vast majority are terrifying if the run, jump, bark, or stare at me.

Getting lost, having a nervous breakdown, moving to a place and being absolutely not able to cope with it: something like that. I'm off to uni in a couple months so there's a chance that one of the above'll come up to challenge me but i'll try to look on the bright side and cope as best I can away from my family and home. After all, this is something we'll all have to deal with, isn't it? Gosh it makes me nervous.

Edit:

Oh and I guess getting seriously ill abroad or anxious abroad since i'm off to Ecuador and the Galaps, soon, and hoping something like that won't ruin the trip of a lifetime i've spent forever fundraising for.

Edited by lovecats99

Not a fear, per se, but I have a big problem eating off of purple dinnerware, bowls and plates.  My kids and ex-wife made fun of it over the years, but I just don't like it...

Now that I back on my own again, no purple dinnerware in my house...

My biggest fear? Hmm...

Besides me suddenly seeing ALL my beloved dragons dead on my scroll one day...My biggest fear? The zombie apocalypse :V

The terrifying concept of pregnancy or anything that has to do with it, especially pictures of developing babies... those freak me out. -_-