Kayota

Gorillaz

Gorillaz is a great band.

Do you like Gorillaz?

If you have, how long? Since their Debut, Demon Days, just recently?

What do you think of Plastic Beach?

Anyone else going to see them in concert? I am on Oct. 16 in Chicago. I've liked Gorillaz since Demon Days first came out. First real band I ever got into. Still love them, I've been a fan for ~5 years.

Edited by Kayota

I. Love. Gorillaz.

:3 I think I've been with em ever since I heard Clint Eastwood when it was still new. I bought that album and I think the latest I've got is Demon Days. I'm hoping to see em in concert when they come 'round Texas~

I'm just too young to have gotten into them with the first album, I'm 17. I didn't really like music til I was 11. Aaron Carter >> But then I found Gorillaz and realized that Aaron Carter was carp. I hope you get to see them, the preview video for the concert looked awesome:

I was like, "There is NO WAY my dad will go for this" but I asked anyway and... well, I guess it never hurts to ask! I was so surprised.

Edited by Kayota

Lol I've grown up in a family with generally good taste in music. Most of the time :b Think I started out with country music, then the Backstreet Boys scene, then all that poppy junk before getting hooked on classic rock.

I think what got my attention about the Gorillaz first was the odd music video and cartoon style that they had- the music being good was a good touch c; I kinda consider the Gorillaz my 'travel music'. I can listen to them for a while without getting tired of em.

What's your favorite music video by em? I think DARE has to be the weirdest.

Lol I've grown up in a family with generally good taste in music. Most of the time :b Think I started out with country music, then the Backstreet Boys scene, then all that poppy junk before getting hooked on classic rock.

I think what got my attention about the Gorillaz first was the odd music video and cartoon style that they had- the music being good was a good touch c; I kinda consider the Gorillaz my 'travel music'. I can listen to them for a while without getting tired of em.

What's your favorite music video by em? I think DARE has to be the weirdest.

Oh, I think I really like the Feel Good Inc. video. The new Melancholy Hill video is good too.

My family always had good taste too, but I just never got into it when I was younger.

Are you on any Gorillaz forums? I used to be shippouwar.

I have a funny DARE story - my friend and I were sitting in a hotel in New Orleans a while back, watching the glass elevators going up and down, and every time they'd go up the friend and I would sit there going "It's coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up" and when it reached the top we'd go "IT'S DARE!!"

Edited by Kayota

Their alright, but Plastic Beach disappointed me.

Gorillaz are greeeaaaattt! I totally love their music videos. I have 13 Gorillaz songs on my iPod. biggrin.gif

I got into Gorillaz a LOOOONG time ago. I was maybe, 8 or 9?

My brother, being about 15 at the time, had bought the album Demon Days and proceded to burn another CD of it. He gave it to me and said "Here, listen to this, it's awesome." And I'm like "...EPIC" So I have been hooked on Demon Days ever since.

Being that young, I never really followed them after Demon Days. Although all the songs on the album were great. I regret it now, and plan to jump into the Gorillaz after I get some money.

I haven't heard too many new songs of theirs, actually. I heard the Plastic Beach song (which the full name escapes me at the moment), and 1 or 2 others. I can't quite remember what they were, but being Gorillaz, they were pretty good.

So, yeah, Gorillaz were good, and I suppose they still are. The videos are also epic.

Long post is loooong.

I'm really coming to like the Gorillaz. I got a kick out of watching the Stylo music video and seeing Bruce Willis make an unexpected cameo.

I'm really coming to like the Gorillaz. I got a kick out of watching the Stylo music video and seeing Bruce Willis make an unexpected cameo.

That's one of the other new (to me) songs that I heard. It had Bruce Willis. lol he is so epic

I liked it of course, cuz it had Bruce Willis cuz it's great music and I just love the style of the videos.

Gorillaz is a great band.

Anyone else going to see them in concert? I am on Oct. 16 in Chicago.

OMG IM GOING TO THAT SAME CONCERT!!!! xd.png

Edited by DarkDamsel09

I never liked them at first, but they've started to grow on me. That's about all I can say.

(Now, on an off topicish note...)

Kayota- *pokes signature* Is Dojo!!!! =D

Okay the lead singer is 2-D, Russel is the drum player and Noodle and Murdoc are the guitarists.Eventhough they're animated they still rock. Also a new cd came out called Plastic Beach.Also the website is fun

love them VERY MUCH!!! their songs and videos are really great))

I started liking them at Clint Eastwood. x3 Gotta say, I love Murdoc and Russel. They're all pretty interesting characters.

I like bands that make themselves into characters as well, not just musicians.

(...Murdoc is bass. xB not guitar.)

I love the Gorillaz! My favorite song so far is Rhinestone Eyes. Russel is my favorite member, even though I like them all.

I recently re-discovered them. Am currently catching up on all the stuffs. xd.png

I have always been very fond of Feel Good Inc., Clint Eastwood, DARE and 19-200(mostly the soulchild remix).

I first saw them on an ad for some sort of music CD. They scared me at first. dry.gif