Cavedragon49990

Baking

Hey guys, I'm going broke from buying Christmas gifts for my friends year after year. So this year I'm shooting for cupcakes, excluding those friends who don't like cupcakes. What do you think a decent cupcake pan should sell for? I don't want to buy one for a certain price and then find a much better deal later!

one of the things I like to make, I don't really like the stuff but I'm good at making is flan or creme brulee depending on which you use. my father loves the stuff and he loves the ones I can make biggrin.gif

I can make other stuff as well, in fact I love to experiment with ingredients. one time I was trying to whip a can of contended milk, wasn't cold so it didn't work and I had no idea what to do with it, didn't really wanna through it out so I mixed together, 3 cups of flower, 1 1/2 cups suger, 1 cup water, teaspoon of vanilla *cheeps stuff btw*, baking soda or powered (cants remember which) and about a 1 1/2 half of lemon juice.

and no I wasn't falling a recipe, just putting thing together i knew worked well with one another. once it was baked it was almost like a corn breed but most with a lemon taste and yet I didn't use any corn...weird. This thing was pretty tasty too, it got eaten pretty quickly by everyone down at father work.

I have to say my favorite baked food is roast beef cooked with a home made herb covering.

Edited by Alteysha

I hate baking but everyone compliments me that my baking is very good!!! Its a pity that I love to eat but dont want to make the food xd.png

I had Home Economics for 5 years when I was in high school and it sucked balls.... a lot!!! Yet I got A's and A+'s for the subject!!

I know a lot of terms and how to make it but if you live in a house where you mother bakes 30+ cakes everyday then it gets a bit to much!!!

Thanks Socks! ^^

Does anyone know the secret ingredients for these french macaroons?

user posted image

user posted image

(bigger pic: https://i.imgur.com/AwNXR.jpg )

They look really delicious, but the store that sells these won't be opening where I live for quite a long time

I bake all the time lol. Just baked some lasagna and some rice pudding, and yesterday I baked 2 loaves of banana bread. Tomorrow I think I'll do fish for dinner. smile.gif

I attempt to bake but most of my stuff fails. My parents make the same stuff and it turns out beautiful. sleep.gif

I made a cheesecake over the weekend. |D

It was no bake, am I still allowed to talk about it here? lolol

It turned out really thick and if left out of the freezer for two minutes it starts to melt. e.e Like, it's really yummy, but still. And I fail at graham cracker crusts forever.

I bake cakes, cupcakes, and brownies all the time. But that's not my favorite part. My favorite part is decorating the cakes and cupcakes. smile.gif

My next project is going to be vegetable garden cupcakes. I crush up oreos to be the dirt, mold and shape orange starbursts into carrots, shape green airheads and stick green m&ms into it to make green beans, and do ther clever things with food to make it look like a vegetable garden. It's really fun and cute.

My next project is going to be vegetable garden cupcakes. I crush up oreos to be the dirt, mold and shape orange starbursts into carrots, shape green airheads and stick green m&ms into it to make green beans, and do ther clever things with food to make it look like a vegetable garden. It's really fun and cute.

^^ How fun! I'd love to see photos of them when they're finished! smile.gif

user posted image

A few years ago my dear friend, Trish, gave me this recipe for pumpkin cake (I think she had gotten it from a parent of one of her students). She just raved about how incredible it was, and insisted I make it... and oh my goodness am I glad I did. This is a "To Die For" recipe.

Since then I have made it countless times and always get amazing reviews.. Today some of the reactions were "soooooooo good, OMG, amazing and someone even said they were orgasmic". Clearly this one is a keeper! *This recipe is just wonderful as cake or cupcakes.

http://breakfastatbanjos.blogspot.com/2008...eam-cheese.html

Stumbled upon this recipe wub.gif

I love baking.

Particularly fun cakes. :3

Birthday cake for my little brother:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...29_568788_n.jpg

And for my BFF (her birthday is on St. Patrick's Day):

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...5_3481934_n.jpg

I tried working with fondant a few times. Didn't work out too well. And it's one of those things that's technically edible, but I really just don't like the taste or texture. sad.gif

Mum tried baking once.

You could smash diamonds with what she ended up making.

I tried working with fondant a few times. Didn't work out too well. And it's one of those things that's technically edible, but I really just don't like the taste or texture. sad.gif

My mom and I tried making and using fondant on my bro's bday cake this past summer, and it was super yummy even though it didn't turn out right. I love it, but it's not entirely necessary unless you're going for a very artistic-looking cake. Even then, it just makes it a lot easier to look smooth.

A friend of mine mentioned a recipe for chocolate chip cookies a while ago. I tried making them and they turned out delicious. After that, I've spending quite some time in the kitchen tongue.gif I've made some pretty awesome tasting cupcakes too. Yum <3

My mom and I tried making and using fondant on my bro's bday cake this past summer, and it was super yummy even though it didn't turn out right. I love it, but it's not entirely necessary unless you're going for a very artistic-looking cake. Even then, it just makes it a lot easier to look smooth.

We used some pre-made fondant, so it might have just been that.

The cakes looked really cool, I just prefer to decorate with buttercream. :3

Dude, Nutella cookies are the best. I'm learning to bake them. :3

Brownies are good, too~

Nutella cookies? Mmmmm, that sounds so good, linky please?

We used some pre-made fondant, so it might have just been that.

The cakes looked really cool, I just prefer to decorate with buttercream. :3

We made ours from scratch, but it didn't turn out right. xd.png It was like 80% powdered sugar though, so it was still fun to eat. Pre-made would have been easier and turned out better, but we'd been watching Cake Boss and such all summer rofl.

Buttercream is win. <3

My sister likes to bake cookies, I bake bread a lot.

My mom has these great gluten-free cookbooks that she's been using. She's been getting very good at gluten-free baking - I can't tell the difference any more. We don't even have any traditional wheat flour in the cupboard.

I like baking, especially since a lot of it involves dessert foods. tongue.gif I don't have a lot of experience doing it myself but I'm working on it. I'm trying to do it from scratch using recipes instead of a box.

I did hear one tip about chocolate chip cookies once that I have yet to try: instead of using chocolate chips, try cutting up a bar of your favorite kind, like Ghiradelli or Dove. Expensive yes but supposedly it's also orgasmic. xd.png

Baking is my favorite pastime, as I LOVE bread. Whether is be just simple bread rolls, or a big cake, I love it~

.....Bringing back an old thread ftw

I can't really bake or cook, but I enjoyed making cookies for my class that one time in elementary school. I'll think it'd be fun to experiment more in the future. Whip up a batch of who-knows-what.

Baked a lovely key lime pie last night. Om nom nom

I hate baking dry.gif only because my mother is a baker for a home industry.

Her cakes are very popular which means loads of dishes for me