wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Abandoned a bred egg I had been trying to breed for MONTHS!!!!

Thankfully Hubby was willing to set aside work for a few minutes and save it for me rolleyes.gif

of course now he thinks I have totally lost it!

Edited by dragonpuck

Naming my splits in alphabetical order. Yesterday gave a pair of split ladies two names starting with "X"... then realized THEY SHOULD BE "W"!!!!!!!

I’m just an idiot dry.gif

Eager for the renaming system now sad.gif

Edited by rbb115

Just now I lost a hatchie in a trade, and I'm, understandably, upset. Out of boredom, I stumbled on the the AP to see a gold I was going to go for that had been announced in the rare departure thread. i stared at it for half a second, so duh I missed it.

*Is banning head against wall. Stops and looks up through blood dripping down face*

Breeding I've been waiting to do for like two months now and I had a locked scroll when I actually did it. So of course, Ace and Meleonie produced and now I have to wait another friggin week before I can breed, with absolutely no gaurentees for sucess this time around, before I can breed again unless by some miracle some super nice person returns him to me. Ug I want him so bad it's killing me. I'd almost trade my paper and my cheese for that one bloodline...That would be why this sucks so hard....

*Continues banging head*

Bred one of my stripes while I was scroll-locked but didn't realise it. Of course the ONLY green stripe I had managed to get from my white stripe/green pairing was auto-abandoned. *facepalm* Of course, since then I haven't been able to get another one out of his parents, nor have I gotten one out of the three other stripes I have.

Looked in AP, saw nothing, locked myself with a Balloon egg, looked in AP again, saw a Split, Nebula, Black, and two Glories. Cried.

Abandoned an AP Water egg to do some rare hunting. Didn't find anything, so I picked back up what I thought was a CB Water egg. It was a Waterwalker. I still have 4 hours until I can abandon it. dry.gif

Looked in AP. Saw nothing. Looked in AP again, saw Gold, and 3 blacks, a stripe and 2 vines.

Misery truly does love company... dry.gif dragonpuck and Pinkie, I feel your pain. It huuurrts.

My mind pulled a blank, and I saw "Oh, hey, I have only 4 eggs, I can breed another one!" So I bred a lineage pair. Forgot I was HATCHIE LOCKED. *bangs head against the wall really, really hard*

...New limits getting rid of hatchie locking, pleeaase come! *bangs head some more and makes a mental note to never, ever make that horribly stupid mistake again*

This thread just helped me feel better from venting. I can go to sleep now. And to the nice people that check every egg they get for it being LiT or not and returning those that are - you're heroes. Seriously.

Got distracted by the congrats thread, missed a CB thunder

Similar to Dark's thingy. I found something that I didn't have and I clicked out before I could get it. When I returned, it ALWAYS was snagged by someone else.

I was trying to breed my first Bluna and so, being the dork I am, I tried really hard to breed my waters with my whites and I kept getting either of those dragons eggs! I was getting SO mad but then I realized a little too late (ran out of waters) that that wasn't the combo... :I

Forgetting to influence my Whiptail. I named him LindaStamp and hoped for him to change to be the sweet girl I thought he would be. Darn.

Joining on the advice of friends and jumping in without knowing what I was doing.

My very first egg was a Thunder, and went straight back because I didn't like it. Ouch!

I should have joined and been active on the forum straight away, instead of doing it a month ago!

I should have taken notice of how to look after eggs properly, and then I wouldn't have lost two.

And I still can't get the hang of passing eggs, even though two friends have tried to help me. I've never caught one yet. I've told the friends I'm not going to attempt it anymore.

And I don't look in the AP now when I'm locked - it's too heartbreaking!

I abandoned something like four CB black hatchlings that gendered wrong, back when they were just starting to become rare. :|

Quitting for more than a year. x.x

When I first joined, there were Frills, original Pinks, etc. I failed to understand how people got their eggs to hatch, and consequentially dropped the site. Missed all holidays except Lag Monster Halloween '10. v.v

I remember snagging a Black egg from the AP and reabandoned it. Then I realized it was an ALT Black egg(when you could tell regular Blacks from Alts) *headdesk*.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Tried to catch a sweetling egg last valentines day but repeatedly failing at it and not even realizing I could have asked a catcher for help. At least I didn't make the same mistake this Halloween.

Also, trying to even get a summon egg, a black alt, a dinosaur, or catch a black egg from the cave currently/breed one. Because that hasn't worked for me, and it probably never will.

Had 6 hatchies, bred an egg for a lineage. Then I saw the abandoned message. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Can't wait to get rid of hatchie limits!

Well, I hate the fact that when I first joined I didn't care as much about CB, so when cb blacks were easy to get I passed them by. Same with the old pink, which I have two but they are both inbred dry.gif (in that case I would have just been happy with any non inbred pinks, I thought they'd be around forever haha)

Oh and missing the pumkpins when they were released. I always seemed to miss Halloween, except this years.

Edited by Magdalen

Pumkpins? What are they?

I want one! *Scurries off to catch a pumkpin dragon*

Owait. They haven't even been released.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!