wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

This used to happen to me all the time, but with magmas and embers. Not so much anymore, though.

Stupid things I've done lately? Missing lots of tinsels in the AP the last few days. I don't have very many and I need some messy-lined hatchies to freeze. Not having too much luck there.

The worst part is that I was looking for Ice eggs most of the time, so I wasn't even in the right biome for Thunders. |D

Actually expecting my metallics to breed like everyone else's qualifies as stupid, right?

pressing F5 on a tinsel... and even though i never would have caught it anyway, WHY FINGER WHY?!

I went and bred a Golden Wyvern that I need to be male... and all of my Pink males are on cooldown. *sigh*

Was scanning the AP, seeing what was what. I knew I had one spot open, and idly clicked on a passing Silver egg. Didn't get the page telling me I got it, so glumly went on. Clicked on a Tinsel and got the 'overburdened' message. WTH! Quick open my Scroll and see what I thought was a strange Winter egg on my Scroll and auto'd it so I could go back to the AP. I had actually gotten the Silver and that Winter was my CB Winter I'd worked so hard to get! Luckily the Silver is a little 3gen jewel bred by shepardkid - many thank esskay!!

ETA: @Cassiel: I did that three different times on real Silvers and Tinsels - come sit in my little corner, we'll have tea and grumpets.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I'm in desperate need of a CB winter and have been trying to breed something good enough to trade for one for weeks now. I finally managed to breed a nice low-gen Ice and it auto-abandoned. I didn't even know I was locked *headdesk*. The person who picked it up keeps their scroll private so I can't even ask for it back D:

The same happened to me about a month ago. The dragon was meant for my mini lineage project actually. I even tried to post in trading threads/update my signature with a message asking for it back, and that I can offer a better dragon. But anyway, we can always breed a new one smile.gif at least we've made someone happy xd.png

Another thing I've done: Only got one CB Cavern Lurker dragon during Halloween season. I thought it was enough and now I slightly regret it. xd.png

I'm lately trying to hunt for the dragons that I -don't- have on my list, one of which is the elusive Golden Wyvern.

So I'm scouring the AP and waiting for the next drop, when a golden egg appears. Like the hair-trigger egg gatherer that I am, I grab it.

Then I check the descrip and think I get a regular Gold Dragon, which is a nice catch, but not the one I'm looking for. I abandon it without another thought.

...Then I check the Dragon Cave Wiki to check the appearances of the egg I'm looking for. My jaw drops.

The egg I abandoned wasn't a regular Gold.

IT WAS A GOLD TINSEL.

ALL THE HATE. xd.png

Edited by Kithra

Deciding to come back to the game after not really playing much for the last couple years. And doing it in January, and forgetting to breed my old Christmas dragons or picking up the new ones.

Well, at least I got here in time for the next Valentine's Day, I suppose? unsure.gif

@oddsoxdi right?! Haha i did it a few more times yesterday, its that point *right* after you have automatically pressed refresh that it clocks what was on the page tongue.gif Ah well, tea it is!

@Keolah Look to the next holiday, its pretty close smile.gif

Edited by Cassiel

Bit a mis-clicked RB egg last night, and of course my wretched Vampire killed it. Now I have to wait to try my newly grown-up lineage dragons with their mates or risk any eggs getting auto'ed. Le sigh. rolleyes.gif

Was Egglocked when a Bronze Tinsel and Gold Wyvern popped up on the AP today.

ARARHASRUARGAYRWIFHY487FSH3BYUSKDBY4U32IAFBYDSEYKF

Ok, maybe not something stupid I could control, but I was pissed.

EDIT: Missed a Gold Tinsel tonight too. D:<

Edited by Dracoscar

Actually expecting my metallics to breed like everyone else's qualifies as stupid, right?

Me too...

A while back when Summer seasonals were about to swap to autumn I traded a cb blusang for a cb summer. I havent had a cb blusang since then. sleep.gif

Was in Alpine & saw an Ice dragon pop up. I click.

"You are already overburdened and decide not to stress yourself by taking this egg."

OH MAN!!!

Edit: Eh...well, it went to a new person's scroll (under 50 dragons)

I also missed 2 Royal Blue & a Golden Wyvern...

Edited by warriorjames

Sister doesn't know how to count tongue.gif

Just bred a 2nd gen PB ice and it auto'd.

...You are not alone...

I just accidentally auto'd a 2nd gen PB Magma! >.<

Hope it went a nice home~ xd.png

Pick up a Low time egg...and totally miss a CB GW, or refreshing to fast, and miss the CB Blu dry.gif

I am the worst ninja.gif ever. So as for stupidity when it comes to AP catching... Well. I get distracted by shininess and forget to click on eggs. And of course, by the time I realize that "It's a rare!" it's too late. laugh.gif

Just a few minutes ago I was daydreaming while on the AP when, what do you know, a 2nd Gen Ice egg drops. Obviously I missed it.

I need to go through my scroll and see which of my daydream dragons did this to me...

Just refreshed the AP three times with a Thunder egg sitting right under my cursor.. and then refreshed again, left the page before it loaded, and came back to see I had missed a pink hatchling. I also missed a Cheese egg in there earlier because I stared at it too long trying to remember what it was. XP

Eggs I've missed because I took too long to realize what I was looking at, over the last couple weeks alone: CB GW, CB Blusang, CB Tsunami, a couple Tinsels...