wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Welp, just accidentally abandoned a 3rd gen Sunsong from a Gold x Sunsong checker. It was supposed to be for a bloodswap.

I'm getting good at doing this. sad.gif

When I started on DC, I was only interested in long, interesting lineages, as messy as possible, because I thought, when there is a Gold or Silver, or Holly or Valentine somewhere in the lineage, you have to breed it often enough to get a Silver or Gold or Holly or Valentine yourself. So I threw away tons of CB Blacks, CB Winters and CB Bright Pinks and other CB's, which I loved more. And I preferred to have eggs of 7 days, because I was afraid, that they'ld die, when they had 5 or 6 days left.

Unnecessary to say, I released lots of these inbred long lineaged Dragons the last year.

And I have hunted a lot on CB Blacks and Winters lately, because I need them for some projects.

Still remembering the time, that there were only 3 breeds to catch, Greens, Blacks and Winters.

Not me but my cousin lee63 killed a cb gold then a cb silver from a trade for something else

Just missed a CB black, the description sounded foreign to me since i have never seen a CB black before in the cave. OuO

*smacks head*

missed a CB winter right after the CB black dropped too.

Almost had a Blusang. An ad had to pop up with one of the words involved in the egg's description...thus causing me to miss it. I don't even know its code...

Edited by warriorjames

This is not really something stupid that I did, but something someone else did...

I stumbled upon this dragon just now: http://dragcave.net/lineage/1M14O

Who would KILL their CB Tinsel?! D:

That is most likely a doctored line. A popular thing to do with messier lines is to "prune" the parents of whatever dragon the owner wishes to clean the lineage of, making a pseudo-CB out of a formerly messy line.

I've caught quite a few CB Blacks in my time here but traded them all away to get short gen silvers. I still don't have enough silvers (they never breed for me) but I regrettably don't have any CB Blacks at all. And now I'm into lineages.

Ya lives and learns.

I just missed a CB Gold... because I refreshed five times until I finally recognized the description.

Influence wasn't implemented yet and my third CB Thunder had also gendered male. Instead of trying to trade for a new one, I got pissed at him and froze him. I haven't managed to get another CB Thunder since...

Didn't bother checking whether the eggs offered on a trade were CB or lineaged....they were lineaged dry.gif Oh well, there's always next week or I can just catch my own.

As an added twist though, both were eggs that I had bred and AP'd (a 2nd gen PB and a 3rd EG Red x Green checker) laugh.gif

Edited by CDM

I'm in desperate need of a CB winter and have been trying to breed something good enough to trade for one for weeks now. I finally managed to breed a nice low-gen Ice and it auto-abandoned. I didn't even know I was locked *headdesk*. The person who picked it up keeps their scroll private so I can't even ask for it back D:

I just refreshed the AP twice while there was a tinsel egg sat in there.

I'm such a fail!dragon catcher that I can't recognise a shiny egg!

Saw a CB Gold in the caves...clicked it then realized i was egglocked...got the message for having too many eggs... nooooo! >_<

Clicking through biomes to fast and missing rares....the other day (I THINK that's what it was) saw my first CB gold and flashed in front of me for a second because I reflex clicked to the next biome. sad.gif

Edited by Erithan

This has happened twice today... searching for a CB Gold, giving up hope, clicking a different egg and locking myself, then refreshing the page and OH theres a CB Gold description! alkdjalka i wanna shoot myself lol. like whats the chances of being AT that spot AT that time? i feel so trolled sad.gif

This has happened twice today... searching for a CB Gold, giving up hope, clicking a different egg and locking myself, then refreshing the page and OH theres a CB Gold description! alkdjalka i wanna shoot myself lol. like whats the chances of being AT that spot AT that time? i feel so trolled sad.gif

Been there, done that, and hate it... Also picking up a common in hopes to get a rare next, with a biome where only 1 person sits, then refreshing to a rare or uncommon and getting the "another person already took it" - what other person, if there's just one... me?

Stopped playing for 2.5 years. Missed all the releases and festivals between April 2010 until September 2012.

Today:

Kept on refreshing the hourly releases while both a black egg and a seasonal showed up...

I've refreshed the AP when there was a tinsel egg in there, and once when there was a thunder egg.

I also had a lot of eggs die at the beginning because I didn't know about clicksites, and I quit for a really long time and missed a ton of holidays. So pretty much my mistakes are the same as everyone else's.

Just missed a CB silver because I was paying close enough attention >.<

Saw a CB Gold in the caves...clicked it then realized i was egglocked...got the message for having too many eggs... nooooo! >_<

The same thing happened to me months ago sad.gif

I'm having an terrible day today: missed 2 CB Golds, at least 2 CB Blacks, 2 CB Golden Wyverns, and another CB Black that someone decided to AP.

Edit: And all of this within the last three hours.

Edit 2: And now that's at least 6 Blacks, 4 GWs, and a Thunder. I have no idea what's wrong. I'm usually a good catcher.

Edited by rayden54

While cave hunting for trios I keep clicking on Electric eggs by accident because I see the "sparks" in its description and reaction click faster than I can think. I've done it about four times now and every time it has egglocked me. |D

While cave hunting for trios I keep clicking on Electric eggs by accident because I see the "sparks" in its description and reaction click faster than I can think. I've done it about four times now and every time it has egglocked me. |D

This used to happen to me all the time, but with magmas and embers. Not so much anymore, though.

Stupid things I've done lately? Missing lots of tinsels in the AP the last few days. I don't have very many and I need some messy-lined hatchies to freeze. Not having too much luck there.