wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Was wanting to Incubate an egg, and instead of just using the BSA filter like a normal person, I was manually browsing through my scroll. I saw a splash of red and clicked 'Actions', and then wondered why there was no Incubate showing up. ... I had clicked on one of my Tinsels... XD Darn them and their costumes...

Last year during christmas I picked up the other christmas breeds I didn't have, but misunderstood the breed limit as meaning I could only have two new christmas dragons (including all the species) in general on my scroll per year so I dropped all of them save for the new eggs...

(Which means this year I need to do more catching up. lol)

*goes hunting while locked*

*clicks on marrow and gets overburdened message*

Turns out it was from one of the pairings that I've been hunting for all day. T.T

You might. My first DC Halloween, I had no clue about anything very much (it was also my first DC holiday) and so I didn't know about killing hatchies by letting them run out of time or killing adults ahead of time. I did all my killing/reviving on Halloween day and I still managed to end up with an adult male and a frozen hatchie Zombie, so don't despair!

I do that anyway. |D'

Forgotten that reds were wearing Halloween costumes and as a result kept scrolling up and down on the BSA page looking for the splash of red and obviously not finding it. =p

Also not being able to locate my pumpkin for the life of me. I literally could not see her (I only have one) and even though I knew she would've been near the front of the scroll, I kept switching between pages 1, 2 and 3 for like 7 minutes, LOL. And even once I remembered pumpkins were sorted with the Halloween breeds, I STILL couldn't find her until another 4 minutes. I legit almost considered posting a question in Help about which breeds exactly the pumpkins were sorted between.

This is me every time I rename a dragon because my scroll is alphabetized. And I often can't find so-and-so dragon, and panic when I think I've released them, only to realize they were right under my nose. Often with my Dragonhorse, Kashikan.. he really likes to hide in plain sight.

Haha at the part where the cave screen says

"You enter the cave and see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings, sleeping on piles of gold."

There was a little pile of gold coins. I laughed my butt off for 3 minutes straight, then left without picking up my treat.

Whoops.

Before I remembered that we were doing Trick or Treat this year, I raged at this pile of coins because it was getting on my nerves. Then my BFF told me I was supposed to click on it.

My face: dry.gif

I think the stupidest thing I ever did was kill a Pygmy egg as a newb. Lol I didn't know how to abandon at that time. xd.png

For the Halloween event this year, kind of freaked me out, in which scared me half to death for no reason. O.o I didn't think Halloween on Dragcave could be that "scary". Derp.

Oh yeah, I think I doubled Influenced TomQJ to be a female BlueSang then accidentally influenced him into a male. Lol

I forgot to influence my CB Golden wyvern to be male before popping the egg into the ER. /facepalm

50/50 chance of getting it right xd.png

Today I missed a Vine, two Nebulas, countless pumpkins, shadow walkers, and marrows. I also had the ultimate derp moment in the Halloween game, where I got everything except for the map. It took me 25 minutes to figure out I missed a shop in the stalls. Some cartographer or something.

im so mad at myself right now. ive been waiting all year to breed these two and keep a marrow. i forgot i was locked and all eggs AP'd. i needed one for a lineage. maybe i can trade with someone who found an offspring. D:

I think the stupidest thing I ever did was kill a Pygmy egg as a newb. Lol I didn't know how to abandon at that time. XD

For the Halloween event this year, kind of freaked me out, in which scared me half to death for no reason. O.o I didn't think Halloween on Dragcave could be that "scary". Derp.

Oh yeah, I think I doubled Influenced TomQJ to be a female BlueSang then accidentally influenced him into a male. Lol

Double influencing isn't possible. ;) Once you influence, the influence option for that egg is greyed out unless you "bounced" the egg (where you teleport the egg to someone else and they teleport it back).

If you influenced him female (lols), he probably was being a pesky little blusang by choosing to reject the influence. ;p You can check for certain in the action log nowadays too. <:

Thought I chose an egg from a multi clutch and put it in a transfer link.

Went to breed another pair, intending to keep the egg, and they auto-abandoned.

Turns out the password didn't go through for the multi-clutch, and the egg in transfer was one I had traded for. At least I managed to save the one, but I lost the marrow checker I wanted to keep.

Currently I'm trying to find someone to help me bounce an egg I influenced incorrectly... :-(

Stupid things I did...

Grabbing eggs from the cave, then get egg locked only to have a CB silver pop up.

Im still headdesking over that.

Double influencing isn't possible. wink.gif Once you influence, the influence option for that egg is greyed out unless you "bounced" the egg (where you teleport the egg to someone else and they teleport it back).

If you influenced him female (lols), he probably was being a pesky little blusang by choosing to reject the influence. ;p You can check for certain in the action log nowadays too. <:

I did trade it since I wanted 1 male and one female. I feel sad for My CB blusang that is frozen now. xd.png

Accidentally freezing the only CB black I had when my computer was lagging and loading so slowly the pics didn't have time to load and I THOUGHT i was freezing my vine hatchie >.<

Did an oops last year and it came back to bite me in the tush laugh.gif S'okay though, I'm already over it.

Also, bred dragons for my lineage, but bred the wrong two together *facepalm* Now I have to wait until next week to bred the CORRECT ones together rolleyes.gif

I managed to breed the wrong SW to a white. I have my dragons arranged in pairs, and I accidentally bred 2 of my SW together out of season and they refused (does that count?) but figured I had a spare, swapped them out. Comes to halloween, I decide to breed my 'spare' SW to a white.

I then went to breed my PB pairing and realised that the couple I have had waiting on my scroll for 6 months is a pair of guys. I had not noticed this at any point. dry.gif

Problem is, I mate for life. And I really don't want to change now. So I kinda want all her eggs to die so I can pretend it never happened, but I doubt it is going to happen. Oh well, I guess I'm not going to be producing any 2G PB SW.

Now I need to plan a pretty checker lineage with my boys laugh.gif

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

Saw my first CB Silver in absolutely forever.... and missed it by a country mile. *head-desk*

I also decided earlier in the day that no one would want Halloween breedings so late, so I bred all my remaining SWs and sent the eggs to the AP. Then I found that actually plenty of people are still looking for Halloween breedings and I could have gifted more babies. rolleyes.gif

Forgot that eggs couldn't be resurrected. Saw the date, and was like "Gonna miss out on a chance for a zombie" and... Yeah. It was a common, but... I don't like doing that sorta' thing. I prefer to hatch all eggs, to maturity, if it's a double that I don't need, I set it free, as an adult. But...

Two weeks, broken eggshell, here I come.

Spending so much time getting zombie fodder while I could have dedicated time to the ND experiment. Oh well, halloween eggs will be awesome biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Stupidest thing I've done?

Just one of squillions!

Tell myself I'll pick up this egg, but never do it. Now my sister has a Frilled and I don't. ;^;

Killed a rare.

Went to click a rare egg in the AP, but purposely clicked the one next to it because the design looked pretty.

used 1 to many incubates and I still might need 1 more before the new halloweens dragons come out >.<

You might. My first DC Halloween, I had no clue about anything very much (it was also my first DC holiday) and so I didn't know about killing hatchies by letting them run out of time or killing adults ahead of time. I did all my killing/reviving on Halloween day and I still managed to end up with an adult male and a frozen hatchie Zombie, so don't despair!

#this

2 tries, 1 zombie. wink.gif

(my pah is strong)