wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I need to put a "Don't Be Stupid" reminder on my 'puter. Was in the Volcano, hovering over the first egg slot at the top of the hour. Refreshed until the hourly drop when I saw three common eggs. Refreshed, same three eggs. Switched biomes, nothing special. Came back only a second or two later, and there it was. "This egg gives off a beautiful glow" in the first egg slot, and of course I didn't get it. Realized that I hadn't waited for the lag - and thus the new egg drop - before switching to a different biome. *headdesk*

Congrats to whoever caught the silver.

Edited by casprrr

Keep hearing about all these silvers and stuff and never see one. :<.

I seriously doubt they exist. I really would have seen a CB metal /eventually/. There is no way I could just not see one with all these sightings. And I have nothing to trade for one, so eh.

Edited by Ashes The Second

I was planning on freezing a gold tinsel that hatched for me today. Was my first, but just look at that mess of a lineage, and yes it is severely inbred. So I figured it would make a nice frozen S1 hatchie.

Instead I stupidly hit the abandon link when I meant to freeze and wasn't paying attention to the action and entered my password and there it goes.

I locked my scroll without realizing it, and as soon as I turned to the AP out of habit, there was a red dino. xd.png That was a very sad moment.

Put three 7-day eggs in the Allure no more than ten minutes after I bred them. T.T Must've been sick for at least an hour by the time I could get back on. D:

I went to the AP, it was taking a while to load, so I went to another tab for a few minutes.

I came back and saw I had missed a dino. sad.gif

*Goes to Jungle Biome* Oh that's the Stripe's description, Yup..1..2..3 OMG a Stripe! click click click...Fail.

Bred two whites, one from a semi-checker that I had tried to breed anything out of for months, another from a messy tinsel-fail. When I went to release the unwanted one (tinsel-fail), I released the wrong one. Not only that, I didn't realize my mistake until I came back a few days later and looked for that checker white, and saw the messy one, and thought 'why are you still here?!'...

Saw a CB Gold in the desert. Then F5! A Nebula followed it. F5! A Red came after. F5!

A stone was left there and nobody picked it up. *headdesk*

What happened to my finger?! I meant to click with the right finger but obviously my left one kept pressing. dry.gif

Most recent stupid thing? Didn't tab down far enough and hit KILL EGG instead of HIDE EGG, and didn't even NOTICE until I'd already killed it. *headdesk*

This is why I need to have my password required for some actions. *sigh* So now I have a dead egg on my scroll that I didn't even mean to kill. T_T

Most recent stupid thing? Didn't tab down far enough and hit KILL EGG instead of HIDE EGG, and didn't even NOTICE until I'd already killed it. *headdesk*

This is why I need to have my password required for some actions. *sigh* So now I have a dead egg on my scroll that I didn't even mean to kill. T_T

Did a similar thing a couple of months ago, but I had the password, and thought I was abandoning an egg. I was horrified when I saw I had killed it!

I make sure the Actions page has completely opened before abandoning or freezing anything now!

Did a similar thing a couple of months ago, but I had the password, and thought I was abandoning an egg. I was horrified when I saw I had killed it!

I make sure the Actions page has completely opened before abandoning or freezing anything now!

I think I'm going to have to do that too. It really bothers me that I killed it without meaning to. I don't like killing innocent things, even if it's just pixels on a screen. :/

Yeah, I did a similar thing above with abandoning instead of freezing. And I have the password also, it's that I failed to read, but won't do typing the actions because I often fail at spelling abandon.

I did a stupid thing, I wanted to see if my CB female stripe that grew up today was compatible with my only CB male stripe. They were and gave me a nice 2nd gen blue stripe egg, too bad I was egg locked so it went to the AP, well at least I made one person happy today.

I did something similar to Nuwame last night. I was going around, breeding a bunch of my dragons and lost track to how many eggs I had bred. I get to my golds and think, "Eh, why not? They haven't given me a gold in years."

Sure enough, I got a gold egg... but I was egg locked. D:

Edited by Diem Adrienne

I have a second-generation PB pillow and a second-generation PB GW. I had been waiting to breed them for a while and when I went to breed them I misclicked. At least the 4th generation geode didn't breed with the GW tongue.gif

I was just browsing through the Desert when a Silver appeared. I thought it was a Nebula, and it took me about 5 seconds to realize what I was looking at...

There were FIVE people in the Desert. AND I MISSED A FREAKING CB SILVER.

I just about cried...

I just picked up my fifth and sixth CB Harvest dragon. For some reason I keep thinking they might be Reds, and I don't even like them. Also, apparently they like to troll me even further and keep gendering female.

I was just browsing through the Desert when a Silver appeared. I thought it was a Nebula, and it took me about 5 seconds to realize what I was looking at...

There were FIVE people in the Desert. AND I MISSED A FREAKING CB SILVER.

I just about cried...

I did something similar last night: A few minutes after the hourly drop, I was hovering over the third slot in either the jungle or forest, but seeing only commons which I didn't expect to move, went to select a different biome. Instinctively, I had refreshed first, and as moved away from the third egg and towards "Alpine", the eggs refreshed. Sure enough, "This egg is very reflective, almost metallic looking" replaced the common in the third slot. I jumped back and clicked it, but of course by then was too late.

I think the counter showed five as well.

I bit a cave born egg with 4 days left, I wasn't prepared to grab it in the abandoned page, so I'm out a pretty good egg

Yeah, I did a similar thing above with abandoning instead of freezing. And I have the password also, it's that I failed to read, but won't do typing the actions because I often fail at spelling abandon.

Similar. I had bred a Thunder, and it was sick, so I was going to hide it, but my mom was talking to me and distracting me, and to my horror, I abandoned it. D: *headbash, headbash, headbash, headbash...*