wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Coming here because I don't know where else to go.  sad.gif

I put up a gold egg for trade this morning - nothing special, messy lineage, and received an amazing offer on it that involved a gold hatchling and an alt black hatchling, and 2 other babies. About 40 minutes after I accept it, I received a frantic PM from ~Removed~ in both English and Spanish, saying how it was a mistake. I'd already named both of the hatchlings at this point, and was unaware that it was possible to unname them, but I immediately PMed her back and gave her the 2 unnamed babies, asking if it was possible to fix the names.

Not 5 minutes later, my power went out. O_O (I'm in an area in the South that was recently hit by tornadoes, and while we haven't had any deaths, our services have been less than reliable while the county conducts repairs.)  It was out all told for nearly 5 hours, and my internet was out for longer than that. During this time, the gold hatchling grew up.

I got back online tonight to a series of increasingly panicked PMs trying to get the hatchlings back, even saying that I could keep the alt if I wanted, then capped off by an angry PM blaming me for what had happened and an empty trade link. A quick search shows that~Removed~either dropped or traded away my original egg.  sad.gif  I still have the alt black, but I'm not even sure what to do with it now.

If there is some kind soul out there that can replace a 2nd gen regular gold, please contact ~Removed~ I feel really bad about what happened, but I don't have the clout to replace this egg on my own.

It sounds like either she misunderstood what was up for trade, or she misread the egg's lineage. That would make it the other person's "stupid things I've done on DC" moment, not yours--even if she'd rather try to lay the blame on you.

You did all you could to set things right, so unless you're not mentioning some overt villainy on your part in this story, I'd say your hands are clean.

Edited by _Z_

Coming here because I don't know where else to go.  sad.gif

I put up a gold egg for trade this morning - nothing special, messy lineage, and received an amazing offer on it that involved a gold hatchling and an alt black hatchling, and 2 other babies. About 40 minutes after I accept it, I received a frantic PM from ~Removed~ in both English and Spanish, saying how it was a mistake. I'd already named both of the hatchlings at this point, and was unaware that it was possible to unname them, but I immediately PMed her back and gave her the 2 unnamed babies, asking if it was possible to fix the names.

Not 5 minutes later, my power went out. O_O (I'm in an area in the South that was recently hit by tornadoes, and while we haven't had any deaths, our services have been less than reliable while the county conducts repairs.)  It was out all told for nearly 5 hours, and my internet was out for longer than that. During this time, the gold hatchling grew up.

I got back online tonight to a series of increasingly panicked PMs trying to get the hatchlings back, even saying that I could keep the alt if I wanted, then capped off by an angry PM blaming me for what had happened and an empty trade link. A quick search shows that ~Removed~ either dropped or traded away my original egg.  sad.gif  I still have the alt black, but I'm not even sure what to do with it now.

If there is some kind soul out there that can replace a 2nd gen regular gold, please contact~Removed~. I feel really bad about what happened, but I don't have the clout to replace this egg on my own.

oh, thats sad that it was blamed on you! and its also veryvery sad she droped the origional eggy... if you wanted to set things right, i am sorry to say that i couldnt help, but you COULD ask if she would like you to breed her an offspring from the gold that grew up. thats what i would do. because then she could have a third gen stairstep gold, which is very nice indeed.

Edited by _Z_

I made 2 stupid things today - used Fertility on the wrong dragon (misclick) and another misclick was on a CB Whiptail instead of a CB Stripe dry.gif

I didn't check the CB Sunset in a trade for my CB Golden Wyvern, so I ended up with a 3rd gen misgendered stairstep Sunset!!! sad.gif I froze and released it. When I looked at the tradee's scroll the GW was gone, probably traded for something else! mad.gif

1. I didnt pick up any CB Black, Pinks, etc. because they were so common.

2. Quitting several times. I missed a lot of holiday eggs, badges, and I still have less than 200 dragons even though I've been playing since 2008

Stupid things I've done? Well I quit for a good 3 years which means that I missed a lot of really awesome dragons, and while I was playing I never came on during holidays.

Misses hourly drops by minutes because I forgot at the last minute about it. sleep.gif

And when I saw a CB Ice, I pressed the right click button, then trying to click away, clicked the Back button. sleep.gif Stupid..

I breed my Gold Dragons with the intention to gift whatever I'd get. I just forgot that I'm still egg locked. So the one egg I got was auto abandoned. dry.gif Well... I hope it got a good home...

Also the egg that got me egg locked was a mistake in breeding. I accidentaly klicked the wrong female with the result that the egg is inbreed. sad.gif

Edited by _Dragoness_

So, I was searching for a CB pink, and I see one:

" it's bright. and pink "

ZOMG * click * wait.. NO dont refresh!!!

And now I have a nocturne :/

*head-desk, repeat* Must. Stop. Watching. BF. Play. Mass Effect 3!!!

Just missed a CB Silver in the Forest, and there was only 5 other people! Looked up at an interesting bit in the game, looked back, and was too late rolleyes.gif

I have one egg slot available and was hoping to fill it with a CB Metal, lol. Darn stupid fun-to-watch games!

edited to take out a rogue comma.

Edited by CDM

I don't know if someone did something stupid or not -- Ollie, if you abandoned a 3rd-EG Silver by mistake, please, contact me and I'll return it. smile.gif

My brother just used Earthquake and killed all 6 of his eggs. >_> He wouldn't be upset at all if one of his eggs hadn't been a Red though, and he's planning on trying again next week. :P

OMG I can't believe I just did that@!!!!!!!!! I've been working for two years or so... since glories came out.... to make an 8th gen alternating glory.... I just bred the first one tonight.... and my reds hadn't hatched yet so I was still egg locked an it dumped to the AP >.< *CRIES*

*wails* Just missed a CB Silver in the Jungle with only 8 other people in there! A Silver is the only thing I'm actively hunting right now and I let it slip through my fingers because I was too busy fussing over my cat. ;___;

Note to self: Do NOT think you can go huntingin the cave and watch telly as well. That's how you missed the CB Ice!

Getting hypnotized...you know when refreshing is so automatic and your eyes blurr over... by the constant refreshing that I forget to click on the egg I was actually hunting user posted image

I'm very pissed off at myself, I breed my CB male silver with my shadow walker and got an EGG, BUT then I decided I'd go trade it in the dragon market and didn't realize that I clicked on one way trade not two way trade... so now not only do I no longer have a 2nd gen silver, but I gave it away for free on accident, I put my forums info on my scroll hoping that whoever took it would be so kind as to return it... Obviously they aren't ... stupid me

My Silvers have been remarkably prolific lately (it appears many others' silvers have as well...?). I actually received 2 eggs out of the 4 Silvers I had last week. I bred my first Silver this week, and somehow managed to get another egg. I go to breed my 3rd Silver and get another Silver egg... only to receive a message saying it was abandoned. Ugh... I sincerely hope that it ends up in a good home. I don't have any nice lined or CB Silvers, so I suppose I still can't complain terribly much.

What makes it worse though is that I did the same thing yesterday when breeding one of my CB Nebulas. Of course, the only Nebula I have received from my pairs in weeks gets auto-abandoned as well. ... And of course its a 2nd Gen.

I need to stop trying to breed things when I am tired.

I'm very pissed off at myself, I breed my CB male silver with my shadow walker and got an EGG, BUT then I decided I'd go trade it in the dragon market and didn't realize that I clicked on one way trade not two way trade... so now not only do I no longer have a 2nd gen silver, but I gave it away for free on accident, I put my forums info on my scroll hoping that whoever took it would be so kind as to return it... Obviously they aren't ... stupid me

Oh ouch. I'm very sorry to hear that. >_O There are some complete and utter shits out there. It's not the first time I've seen that happen either.

I've been online for less than an hour and I've refreshed over two CB Metals (Gold and Silver), misclicked an egg I didn't want at all (that I thankfully was able to repulse), and then bred an egg which I chose to abandon, only to immediately want it back seconds later.

Yaaay for Lulla the Derp. 8D

I just accidentally abandoned a cb nebula instead of hiding it. I'm pretty sure that counts as something really stupid.

Deathwing the Earthshatterer slams his tail on the ground, creating a strong earthquake.

Result

The egg is unaffected by the earthquake.

WOW DEATHWING YOU'RE VERY EFFICIENT.

... herpaderp. So instead of taking my chances, guess what I do?

I bite as many as possible.

Your dragon bites the egg and it cracks open, killing the developing embryo inside.

Back to actions

Your dragon bites the egg and it is transformed into a vampire.

Back to actions

Back to actions

Your dragon bites the egg and it cracks open, killing the developing embryo inside.

Back to actions

Back to actions

So, who wants a vampire? (PM me. First three PMs get one.)

(P.S This is stupid because two of them I bit were moonlights. One of the moonies died.)

Not grabbing more CB Winters before they decided to be stingy. xd.png

Wow--that's pretty sucky. I can't believe someone would not try to return it. Karma always finds a way, and hopefully good Karma will find its way to you, soon, as well. smile.gif

Okay, so I needed a male spitfire and a CB female spitfire to continue my personal lineage project (No name or anything, just wanted a mostly spitfire stairstep thingamabob), bred and hatched a spitfire that was male.

Then I froze it. :/ Just realized my mistake after about a year.

And why did I abandon that CB Red Dorsal?!? Can't find any now.

Edit: xd.png How about calling a Red Dorsal a stripe?

Edited by Durppie