wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

So, i randomly decided that i really wanted a CB vamp, and i sit there for about 8 hours trying to find one in the biomes. then i discovered that you cant get them that way, you just have to get a random CB and bite it *HEADDESK x1000*

and THEN i click a CB water hoping to bite it, and find that my vamp cant bite for another 17 days. and now i'm stuck with a water.

EDIT: oh and also, a while back when i fist got my bronze trophy, i totally forgot that i had 5 egg slots, and i see a cheese go by and stare at it sadly. And then i accidentally click a daydream. and i dont get the overburdened message. so annoying.

Edited by kiyye

So I was gifting a few eggs and setting up trades not too long ago, and I accidentally set up what was meant to be a two-way trade as a one-way teleport.

Yup. Never gonna see that 3rd Gen Thunder again. *sigh*

Left for maybe 2 years. D:

Missed 8 event dragons and a ton of new releases... and I have no idea what's what anymore. o: fun times.

Hope I can catch up again!

edit:

and just autoabandoned a PB 2nd gen silver.

fack.

Edited by kleptomaniac

I got two eggs through a trade

and didn't realize that meant I'm egg-locked

and bam

http://dragcave.net/lineage/O7LGf

Byebye pretty one D: .. my first every gold offspring (from all of my golds)

Edited by mjk7055

Just saw a CB gold in the cave and stared and the description stupidly until it hit me to clicked it and of course missed it ughh sad.gif could've been my first CB gold too after hunting for years

user posted image

Another time... I'm under some major stress lately, and am close falling apart at the seams

@SnowSherry - Aw, that sucks. ): I hope you feel better soon. >_<

I recently lost my internet for a couple of days, and two dragons which I did not mean to keep grew up in that time. D:

In one of the blomes I saw

This egg is tiny and made out of several pieces of paper folded together.
another pygmy, I thought, bored that no interesting eggs were appearing. When I realised what it was I, of course, clicked it. But guess who missed a paper egg. sad.gif

At least I managed to catch another one smile.gif so it's not that sad but still.

I've been working on a lineage with Royal Blue and Gold Wyverns, writing out a small poem from Lord of the Rings.

So... my first hatchie finally grew up and I was excited and went to mate him with his mate... I forgot I had two Grown up Royal Blue Males, what are the chances? I mated his mate to the wrong one, and I influenced the egg before I noticed... so... unsalvageable.

I had another female CB Gold Wyvern, so I shuffled the names around and tried again. It worked... but it gave me the wrong species that I needed... AND the egg auto-abadoned because I forgot to ditch the other one I bred previously.

tl:dr: Got correct species with wrong mate. Got wrong species after trying to salvage it, and the egg Auto-abandoned.

No more late night DC. OTL

i got the overburdened message on this baby. WHY! why do silver tinsels only pop up when im egg locked with rares???

I was once egg hunting very late at night and saw and an egg in the Alpine biome with this description: "This egg is soft and smells uncannily like cheese."

Me: "Now, what's this egg called again? I haven't seen it too often... *GASP* It's a CHEESE!"

So I furiously clicked it but of course someone had snatched it before me.

Moral of the story: No DC when you're too tired to think clearly.

Camping on the AP, refreshed the page and then decided to lean back and stretch my arms. (taking my hand off the mouse in the process!)

A Holly egg decided to appear right then.

Are blacks rare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always thought they were common. blink.gif

Edited to say, I just mistook an ember in the volcano blome for a magma.

I've been in the biomes just looking around, when all of a sudden, Look its a long egg description, it must be a vine! *Click click click*

Wait.

This is a white!

Curses.

I've gotten so many whites that way, (although I usually send them to the AP after cooldown). What's worse is seeing people pine after CB whites asking why they don't show up too often. Well, because I misclick on them every time... xd.png

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I've been inbreeding two of my dragons without even realising it since 2009. OTL

I've only just clocked it.

wtf.

*hides in shame*

@ MessengerDragon: They used to be common, yeah. Blacks started getting dearer as time wore on and people continued raising them for alts + using them as the preferred mate for metallics back in the day where rare x rare breeding was a distant dream. :P

@ kleptomaniac: Similar thing happened to me - your reaction was pretty much my reaction. x)

Misclicked two commons in the cave, and debated about dropping another ER egg. Instead, I stick it in an ER, and hunt. A Gold appears in the Cave. I click, and get the overburdened message.

...Seriously!

arrrrgggh I hate them reflex clicks!

another Royal Blue that I don't need >.< and the worst thing that i's locking me!

now on debates with myself whether I should bite it or not... I have had already one repulse today, will luck last?..

user posted image

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

After losing a 2nd-gen Shallow Water this way in my first month of playing, I vowed to always count carefully and never let it happen again. And then this.

*headdesk*

user posted image

After losing a 2nd-gen Shallow Water this way in my first month of playing, I vowed to always count carefully and never let it happen again.  And then this.

*headdesk*

I feel your pain. I have four eggs and didn't think about the number of hatchies I have right now so I went to try some breeding. Did not realize that I am locked. *face palm* Of course only because I'm locked does one of my silvers actually lay this. .......... Can only hope that whoever caught it loves it and that it made them happy.

Edit: And now one of my hatchies grew up and unlocked me. *bangs head into wall*

Edited by Sir Barton

user posted image

After losing a 2nd-gen Shallow Water this way in my first month of playing, I vowed to always count carefully and never let it happen again. And then this.

*headdesk*

Ickkkk, I've done that before too, before the trophies. I didn't realize my fifth slot for breeding was already being used and tried to breed my CB Gold...

I've never produced another Gold egg from her since. sad.gif

Coming here because I don't know where else to go. sad.gif

I put up a gold egg for trade this morning - nothing special, messy lineage, and received an amazing offer on it that involved a gold hatchling and an alt black hatchling, and 2 other babies. About 40 minutes after I accept it, I received a frantic PM from~Removed~ in both English and Spanish, saying how it was a mistake. I'd already named both of the hatchlings at this point, and was unaware that it was possible to unname them, but I immediately PMed her back and gave her the 2 unnamed babies, asking if it was possible to fix the names.

Not 5 minutes later, my power went out. O_O (I'm in an area in the South that was recently hit by tornadoes, and while we haven't had any deaths, our services have been less than reliable while the county conducts repairs.) It was out all told for nearly 5 hours, and my internet was out for longer than that. During this time, the gold hatchling grew up.

I got back online tonight to a series of increasingly panicked PMs trying to get the hatchlings back, even saying that I could keep the alt if I wanted, then capped off by an angry PM blaming me for what had happened and an empty trade link. A quick search shows that ~Removed~ either dropped or traded away my original egg. sad.gif I still have the alt black, but I'm not even sure what to do with it now.

If there is some kind soul out there that can replace a 2nd gen regular gold, please contact ~Removed~. I feel really bad about what happened, but I don't have the clout to replace this egg on my own.

Edited by _Z_

Wow, heh, I killed a vampire hatchling. I thought it was a dead hatchling and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't disappear off my scroll. So I used the Kill action. The ONLY time I have ever done so. *so ashamed* I told someone what happened and they told me I killed my vampire. sad.gif