wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I'm making plans for the holidays because I always get started on that too late. The list of stuff I need for Christmas lineages is reasonably sized, about 45 dragons. I probably won't be able to find everything on it but it's possible. I've raised that many in one season before. The Valentine list isn't done yet but will probably be approximately the same size. The Halloween one has 84 dragons on it. How is that. What. There's no way. That's so many, it's impossible. Why was Past Amberfly so bad at planning??

5 hours ago, Amberfly said:

I'm making plans for the holidays because I always get started on that too late. The list of stuff I need for Christmas lineages is reasonably sized, about 45 dragons. I probably won't be able to find everything on it but it's possible. I've raised that many in one season before. The Valentine list isn't done yet but will probably be approximately the same size. The Halloween one has 84 dragons on it. How is that. What. There's no way. That's so many, it's impossible. Why was Past Amberfly so bad at planning??

Oh man, totally know how that feels. I've collected the vast majority of all my holidays in the past 3 years or so, I was *stunned* to see just how little I'd collected before that!

Haven't yet decided if this is a stupid thing or not, but I seem to be accidentally hoarding the new Xenos? And some old ones too, feel bad for them just sitting in the AP. Between Xenos and Aqualises as well as my Amalthean project I've kind of completely left behind my '20 of each breed' goal in favor of just hoarding pretties. Oops?

Aaaand again I managed not to check how many eggs I have on my scroll and thus bred a beautiful 3G even gen Silver Shimmer x Holly as trade fodder, which now got auto-abandoned. Have fun with it, whoever finds it on the AP!

4 hours ago, Astreya said:

Aaaand again I managed not to check how many eggs I have on my scroll and thus bred a beautiful 3G even gen Silver Shimmer x Holly as trade fodder, which now got auto-abandoned. Have fun with it, whoever finds it on the AP!

I've lost a couple eggs that way lately, I feel your pain. Someday I'll learn. XD

@Chaosdawn

I read your plight in the Random Scroll Help thread. I'm sorry, I didn't see your egg in the AP either :(

An egg slot opened, so I went to Alpine to find another of the starlight eggs, to complete my set.

I refresh at the drop, and what do I see? A starlight egg and an Aeon.

Guess which one I clicked on :rolleyes:

Accidentally bit a messy dorsal instead of a caveborn ember. It worked, but i really wish i had bitten the ember instead, lol.

I keep grabbing/hatching too many dragons at once, so I'll have either 5+ eggs that won't hatch for awhile or an annoying amount of hatchlings that won't grow up for days! Currently have 5 hatchlings that will grow up in the same 2-hour window, and another 3 that should grow up together the day before that. And I'm sitting at 1 open slot right now. I used to be better at spacing them out!

Posted (edited)

Threw a Thalassa Xeno back into the AP because it was messy-lineaged….. 

Edited to add: Also threw back a "Z" lineage egg.... *epic facepalm*

Edited by foreverlokied224

Posted (edited)

not really stupid, but not thinking.....

i'm working on naming dragons for characters from a tv franchise, and i went ahead and bred an egg that i thought i had a extra pink male to influence it properly.... turns out that i did have a pink male - only because i didn't influence the other egg i had! :blink:

(if i bounce the egg to someone and they influence it there, and then the egg hatches on their scroll so they send me back a hatchie... does the influence stay?)

edit - i have a pink male coming off cool-down on the day i'd need it! woot!

Edited by trystan

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, trystan said:

if i bounce the egg to someone and they influence it there, and then the egg hatches on their scroll so they send me back a hatchie... does the influence stay?)

Yes.

Also, this thread can help if you still need ^_^- Influence for Me

Edited by Sunrunner

35 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

Yes.

Also, this thread can help if you still need ^_^- Influence for Me

thanks!

actually, as it turns out, i don't need it. :) 

once i was looking for a specific breed (albino, i think) and was refreshing and i saw one and a copper... clicked the albino... 🤦‍♀️

Posted (edited)

And another case of "better think first,act then" - I released a PB 4G Thuwed as it said it was a 5G, and I thought someone must have given me a faked Thuwed - but when I checked the parents after the release, I noticed it was a legit 4G Thuwed, but the Alt Black counted as 2G again.  dash1.gif.32cc309e85ea533e07528ce899e07aa4.gif

Out of curiousity - wasn't the CB Alt Black shown as a 1st gen previously? Ah well, I guess there will be someone happy to catch a true 4G even gen Thuwed in a few days :D (Unless they won't keep it when they see it is a faux 5G while it in truth is a 4G after all)...

Here's the 3G parent of it: https://dragcave.net/lineage/UyZTA

Edited by Astreya

Posted (edited)

Don't know if this really counts as a stupid thing but

Having zero willpower and going hunting in the cave when I only have one egg slot left and I know I have 2 dragons in a personal lineage project due to come off breeding cooldown in 1 day....😖

Edited by foreverlokied224

Misclicks for days 😬 Only happens when I'm on DC on my phone, never on the laptop. So many dragons bred to the wrong partner because it thinks I'm clicking somewhere else... It's a good job some people like messies 😅

not doing events so missing out on badges ;w;

started in 2018, but after december i kinda fazed ouy of the game, came back in 2019 sround halloween....then fazed out and came back in april 2020. missed out on so much, but luckily am here to stay this time.

4 minutes ago, Echotuft said:

not doing events so missing out on badges ;w;

started in 2018, but after december i kinda fazed ouy of the game, came back in 2019 sround halloween....then fazed out and came back in april 2020. missed out on so much, but luckily am here to stay this time.

Better then me, I went for 5 years blackouts miss out on a lot. Also stareing at desc to long then missing the egg totally, impulse trade then notice I won’t be able to continue the lineage without some digging -.- 

I thought I needed a full set of frozen aquilos, so when I caught two messy eggs I influenced them male and female. Then today I froze them, but when I went to update my list I saw that what I actually needed was a male and an ungendered. So I wasted an influence and a freeze slot, and I still need an s1.

Posted (edited)

Instead of hatching the egg needed for a trade, I ap it, only to notice the mistake second later -.- impulse click on eggs I don’t need need  locking myself for 5 hours, then joy of it all.

Edited by Lysian

I thought I unhid my eggs and added them to nurseries. I was driving on vacation and forgot to make sure so now all my dragons from July’s release are dead and it’s hard to find replacements :(.

Accidentally let two zyus I needed to freeze grow up. I was so thrilled to catch messy zyus in the AP, and I was waiting for them to gender because I needed s2s, but zyus can be such stubborn little monsters and now it's too late. Waste of two incubates, two influences, and several days' time.

Missed a cb Obidar (last cb xeno I currently need for scroll goals) because I just locked myself with a Cheese seconds before. May I point out that they are nice and all, but I actually only need that one frozen hatchie I own? That was a nasty reflex click there. Hope it trades well. xD

Totally forgot to get five adults ready for zombie attempts on 31st  yesterday.