wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I have such a long list of stupid things I've done on DC, lol, hard to pick only a few...

K, didn't even try to get any Vamps in their Halloween Release, because I didn't want a cold, dead egg on my scroll...

Managed to drop the wrong White egg once, losing one of the most beautiful lineages I'd ever seen, and nearly died...

Luckily for me, the breeder - who totally rocks! - gifted me another. (Thanks, Kallistrate!)

Somebody so very, very, very kindly gave me a beautiful White/Gold-line 3rd gen Dorkie that she could have traded, a dragon that I was (and always will be) sooooo in love with, and I was so pleased at coming up with a name that incorporated the parents and the gifter's names that I forgot that I hadn't yet typed in the Dorkface when I entered it, realizing immediately when it was just too late, of course, and have been permanently kicking myself ever since...

But that angelic breeder recently gave me another of the same breeding, who does bear the Dorkface name. (Thanks, Kayla!)

I'm one of those who picked off the AP a lot when first starting, and never bothered picking up CBs since I didn't really breed or anything...

I have NO CB Old Bright Pinks and had, I think, no CB Blacks at all until they were already difficult to obtain, something I hadn't realized until the lineage link was put in and I began breeding.

It was after discovering, to my surprise, how much inbreeding mattered to many people that I started dropping inbred AP Blacks (most of my Blacks, sob,) and started trying to replace them... when I could even see any in the Cave...

Though I must say that I've never found metallics to be plentiful; it took me months of concentrated, obsessive effort, including routine all-night sessions, to catch any CBs at all in the period others say so many were appearing.

People with fast puters and reflexes certainly have a very different experience than those of us with gerbil-powered Stone Age models, lol.

But then again, if I had a fast puter, I'll bet I'd then specialize in misclicks, lol, and be locked anyway...

Hunting for eggs while being scroll-locked and getting the "Too many eggs" page on a rare Dino that I had to click.

Staring blankly at the CB Black I saw in the cave today and not getting it.

And doing an unintentional inbreeding on my scroll. I don't have a problem with inbreeding...but I inbred one of my golds to one of it's black relatives...and got a gold out of it. So now I have an inbred gold...which I'm not really complaining about though. xd.png

I've managed, more than once, to abandon much needed eggs instead of fogging them. D: I tend to grab from the AP a lot, searching for the occasional beautiful lineage, so I'm so accustomed to the actions>abandon>password>double enter (one for the confirmation and one for the pop-up) routine that my fingers seem to automatically do that whenever I'm even slightly distracted while going to the "actions" page of an egg or a hatchling.

I can't think of anything major other than that right now...ok, I've bred some of my dragons with the wrong mates, but who hasn't done that at some point? ^^;

Abandoning an ice because I never thought I would get the full trio at the time (I did end up getting them all the same day)

Releasing all of my adult dragons because I thought they were "too common" >.>

Killing an egg because I thought it would unlock me.

I was a stupid newbie... rolleyes.gif

When the Legendary Trio came out, I was pretty busy with work and such. I figured just the once I'd skip a release and just catch those eggs later, after the demand died down.

You can guess how well that's worked out for me. wink.gif

I once released a full grown Magma for no good reason. I'd just bred it and gotten a Magma egg and intended to send it to the AP to be up for grabs. For some inexplicable reason I released the dragon, not the egg. Didn't even realize what I'd done until I looked at my scroll after and saw the egg and not the parent.

Um. Oops?

Joining the forums LATE. It was a good year before it clicked that the forums might be helpful.

Accidently picking up wrong egg at the Cave.

Delay of clicking u.u

Edited by predatorfan4ever

Does not joining earlier count? >.<

I've heard about it from friends but never really joined. :\

Edited by Zinc58

Dumbest thing I've done on DC? Wait to give a dragon a name I've had written down for a few months. Don't do it, seriously. Those names will be taken as soon as you go to use them. So now I don't quibble over which dragon fits the name the best. I just name someone that name as long as they're the right gender, ha ha.

I could kick myself for the nice names I've had in mind, only to find that in the time I was being slow, someone else snatched the name up. laugh.gif

Edited by Dovey

on valintines day i had a 09 valintines egg and i got rid of it because i had no idea what i had like three of them went thro my hands that day.

I started playing a long time ago, then forgot about the site completely for months. When I came back, I found that some of my dragons were inbred, they'd all lost their names, etc. - so, I decided to abandon some of them and clean out my scroll for a sort of 'fresh start.' I don't regret most of it, except... I had two CB stripes. I thought "Ahhh, I'll just keep one." STUPID. *headdesk* They had just been released not too long before I left so I didn't realize they'd gotten so rare.

Haha... funny this thread should pop up to the top just now. >.< (Karma!)

I was really stupid today because a few hours ago, I just abandoned a very precious lineage dragon. T___T I really wasn't thinking right. She was a purple hatchling belonging to the Holiday Lineage Project, but for some reason, I'd forgotten that. I thought she was just another hatchling I picked up from the AP to freeze. But then I realized I already had a frozen female purple hatchling, so I abandoned her.

I feel like ripping my hair out atm.

I locked myself today 'cause I was stupid. I was refreshing the main cave and saw a glory egg and mistook it for a sunrise/set egg. I had refreshed, but I clicked anyways and got a daydream dragon. Derp. After that I saw a sunsong egg and mistook it for another sunrise/set, and now I'm locked for the week. At least I bred some good stuff to make up for it >___>

Most stupid thing? Definitely that time during a trade, when the other person started the countdown and I started hitting F9 instead of F5 ("OH NO WHAT IS WRONG WHY ISN'T IT REFRESHING.... oh."). Moral: if you're me, don't move the keyboard. Or look what you're doing. xd.png

I was in the ap and i clicked a bluna. Then i looked down and was like "Oh dam*! Gold!"

And then some other stuff.

going to help my mom take a suitcase up the stairs when i was in the middle of a trade counts i guess. i posted stop and then went to get the suitcase but i posted too late and the egg dropped and i totlally missed my first red dorsal.

I've done too many stupid things to count. Naming trades by mistake, not grabbing vamps when I first started, trading a gold for a new release, etc. =V

At the time had been getting too many of the old pinks decided to abandon them thinking that they'll be around to fill my list quota later on. When I found out that they were being discontinued smack myself in the face. What was I thinking? This time around with the Frills hunted to achieve my desire amount 7 (one being frozen as a hatchling).

Reading this thread and then out of curiosity check my frozen black hatchies... SilverSilver and GoldxYulebuck offspring, both frozen, well one can not think about everything.

Thinking that frills were easy enough to get so I don't have any now. Not going online on christmas and missing the snow angles and pumpkins and not being able to hatch my valentine egg and now I have no holidays.Also during a trade I kept refreshing and didn't know that I caught the hatchling.

Edited by scm7271999

I have problems with staring at the AP:

1)I go on the AP

2) I see rare eggs

3) I go, "meh", and refresh

4) Realize there was a rare egg

5) "OH censorkip.gif*"

Killing a Old Pink egg by mistake, wanted to release and killed it instead. I also lost my first Gold by mistake because I didn't put the code of the egg in xd.png(I got that Gold egg back later thanks to an awesome guy here smile.gif).

My male vine draggie...

He is the only one on my scroll who is named and his first letter is not capitalized.

OH HOW BADLY IT BOTHERS ME. laugh.gif