wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I froze a CB white during my newbie times.

:|

Just now: My gold tinsel grew up! I was so excited! I had a mate picked out for him, a terrae to keep with his lineage, and a backup CB terrae in case the first pair didn't get along. I tried mating them--and succeeded! Not a tinsel, but a terrae, which I was quite happy for; it was proof that they would mate, and I'd have a tinselfail to trade!

... well, I would have. If I hadn't been egglocked. >.< Straight to the AP, and by the time I was able to dump one of my eggs, it had been snarfled up.

Congratulations to whoever got the tinselfail! ;_; Take good care and raise it well! At least it wasn't a tinsel... that would have been -horrifying-, to have the first offspring be a gold tinsel and immediately lose it. >.<

Breeding my BlackxSilver Perma Pair without realizing I was locked. The resulting silver egg (their only rare offspring to date), hatched in grew into an adult only to be released by the owner. I haven't bred a silver egg since dry.gif

Tinselfail auto-abandon. /faceplam.

This is just Craptastic. I saw a cb Silver in the SECOND SLOT in the desert. And I missed. I even freaking owe someone one TT.TT

when I was a newbie i saw 3 metalics in the caves a one time. i though since there were 3 of them in one place they must be common so I left them alone and didn't click on them

Just now, I spaz-clicked a sunrise/set egg. Afterward I hit the back button, and the egg that showed up in its place was an ice egg. I clicked it, and... "you are overburdened and decide not to take this egg!" If only I hadn't clicked the first one... user posted image

when I was a newbie i saw 3 metalics in the caves a one time. i though since there were 3 of them in one place they must be common so I left them alone and didn't click on them

WOW!!!! as for me I came back from a long time away and clicked on a CB thunder. I thought it was common cuz I kept seeing eggs that I thought was the same (the electices) and so I abandoned it. sad.gif im so not smart!

Saw a cb stripe in the forest, thought it was a spitfire(I'm crazy) and missed it. Now I'm sad :'(

EDIT: Turns out it was a dorsal. Not sad anymore.

Edited by dragonfreak6132

Not realizing my Tinsel is actually inbred until months later... *epic facepalm*

Forgot to abandon a common egg before breeding a CB Magma to a CB Ember. The resulting 2nd gen Magma was auto-abandoned. I'm still kicking myself in the rear for that one.

Just saw a CB Black egg...

...And stared at it in shock for like, 2 seconds. 2 seconds too late.

Forgetting about the time added to the egg when you abandon it. Lol. I was AP hunting.

I didn't catch CB black, stripe and old pink while they are very common @@

Just saw a CB Black egg...

...And stared at it in shock for like, 2 seconds. 2 seconds too late.

I did that twice in the same day xd.png

1. not really something stupid, but while I was a DC nub my first Dragon was an alt black xd.png T.T

2. killed a pygmy because my friend wanted to see what would happen... RIP ;(

3. didn't make a forums account

4.didn't even try to find out how to get more views. (like, I never looked it up lol)

well. nub years were fun... xd.png

When I joined 3 years ago, I just grabbed whatever.

Then a few months in I decided to have 2 of every breed, so I released a gob of CB's, and I only kept/caught 1 pair of everything. *Facepalms*

Since the lineage tree hadn't really been developed, I didn't think about the pairs being CB. So I had some pairs turn out to be very messy lined, or inbred. So when that came about, I didn't have pairs anymore.

There were also a bunch of dragons that were cave blockers at the time that I didn't bother catching because I mistakenly assumed they'd be available once I got my other plans done with. Like the bright pink, frill, blacks and whites, for example. (I learned my lesson. Now my goal is 4 CB of each gender. D: )

I took four eggs and didn't put them in any hatcheries. They're all dead now... I sure learned my lesson. :'(

Saw a white egg in the ap. Thought "hey, maybe its something good" and clicked on it. I checked the lineage, it was inbred, but absolutely amazing all the same. Check it out http://dragcave.net/lineage/R5np1

and I missed this beauty: http://dragcave.net/lineage/0oWQv

GAHH! *headdesk* WHY WHY WHY did I have to egglock myself? THIRD Gen ember from ARMY http://dragcave.net/lineage/afnWZ

Edited by ForeverFlygon

Today actually, was the worst day I've had for dumb things that I've done. I encountered a striped dragon egg and flipped out for like 30 seconds and in that time, someone took it. I ended up trying to click on it anyway! So since I'm still a noob that's the dumbest thing I've done on DC.

Every single time I'm scroll-locked, I STILL decide to go egg-hunting. One day, I was in the jungle, and I saw a dino egg. I thought "Ooh, dino..." and clicked. I've been looking for a blue or red dino. It just so happened that once I almost got a red dino, and another time I almost got a blue dino.... except for one thing. I was locked when I clicked so the "overburdened" message popped up.... -.-"

Just successfully bred a tinsel while scroll locked with eggs -.-

Thank god it was just a tinselfail.

Thank god the pair accepted.

8D

Today actually, was the worst day I've had for dumb things that I've done. I encountered a striped dragon egg and flipped out for like 30 seconds and in that time, someone took it. I ended up trying to click on it anyway! So since I'm still a noob that's the dumbest thing I've done on DC.

Actually, it could've been a spitfire. So, chances are you flipped out over nothing.