wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I bred one of my rares a day or so after the huge updates (with the new scroll limits and such) while I was egglocked. It was a rarefail but I would have facepalmed so hard if it produced a rare... I was testing if the breeding spot was open in the new limits... a couple of people said yes (I was on IRC) and I tried it.

Whoah? A gold egg? ...Someones insane.

Ouch.. Someone just dropped a copper tinsel in the AP.. I feel bad for them sad.gif.. maybe egglocked and bred..

I've done the same thing last week, except with a cb silver. I was just staring at the screen refreshing...and refreshing....and refreshing...until i see the words "This egg gives off a beautiful glow." it took me 10 seconds to long and 5 refreshes to realize

'' OMG A SILVER!!" before it was gone. I've only seen two cb silvers now since playing DC 3 years ago...lets just say i came close to banging my forhead on the desk.

ON MAIN SITE: looked for stripes in the desert and kept ending up with spitfires.

ON FORUMS: PM somone about a trade or gift and forget my magi is in cooldown or that im locked.

I was panicing the other day because the CB Moonstone hatchie I'd been given had vanished. In reality, It hadn't vanished, it had just gendered. For some reason, that threw me. :/

Traded 25 crimson flare pygmies for one tinsel with extremely messy lineage.

For some reason I always scroll down to use the bottom magi on the teleport list. It was ages before I even noticed what I was doing and how pointless it was, and even now that I've realized, I still find myself doing it all the time. rolleyes.gif

Getting a turn on a neglected experiment and accidentally killing it... T_T

I always use pink named 'Dont dissapoint me' for influencing females for who-knows-what reason. probably because I dont want the egg that I influence to dissapoint me and gender wrong xd.png

Right now, I was in the Desert and stared at a Magi egg, thinking: "Hmmm... do I need a CB Magi? Maybe... ARGH I NEED IT". I clicked it frantically and it was already gone. xd.png I'm in need of a CB magi for my new project.

Woke up one morning a few weeks ago, saw my sunstone hatchlings had gendered. Went to freeze one but accidentally abandoned it instead. So I froze my other one, and then instead of looking for one hatchling to replace it had to look for two. >.>

I just realized two of my tinsels are inbred (one is the child of the other, there's only one instance of inbreeding) and it's entirely my fault: I missed that the egg I'd gotten from another player actually had one of my dragons in the first generation sad.gif Fortunately they hadn't been producing many tinsel eggs, so I hadn't actually gifted their shiny eggs to anyone. But grrr! Now I need a new CB white so I can recreate the pretty lineage without the inbreeding sad.gif

Edited by Ifni

Trying to EQ this stubborn egg that didn't hatch after being in the ER for several hours and got soft shell. The result is still on my scroll dry.gif...

Also, breeding my magma and red when I was scroll-locked thinking it would be a red egg. Turned out to be a magma xd.png

just today, I tryed to get un egg locked so I abandoned one of my hatchlings. I was still egg locked and had one less hatchling. :/

Was really sleepy when this happened. One of my hatchies was close to death. Tried to freeze it. Ended up killing it...IT WAS ONE OF THE LEGENDARY TRIO DRAGONS TOO!!!! xd.png

I'd say forgetting about the losing-names-after-8-weeks thing counts as pretty stupid. Especially with over 300 dragons. x_x

Edited by PollyCockatrice

Not paying attention to how many eggs were on my scroll when I bred my CB male split to my CB female split. The egg auto-abandoned...and it had the coolest code, too. MrPrn >.<

I think the one single thing that was really, really stupid was releasing my metals and blacks into the wild because I didn't like how they looked. Im my defence, that was in the beginning of 2010 and I had pretty much no time for DC. I didn't even look into the Forum up until a week ago and ever since bang my head on the surface of my desk every~Censor evasion removed~ time I see people trade away the eggs I hunt for for a single Gold.

*facepalm*

Edited by _Z_

Recently killed yet another ND egg when trying to force it. ;_; Part of me didn't want the egg to turn because I knew I'd have to use Kill and, typical Sod's Law, it did turn and I killed it. Bah.

Also just stared at a metallic in the Coast yesterday and didn't even try to click it. tongue.gif