wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Was super sleepy last night and instead of fogging, I abandoned a 2G Ribbon Dancer from Stripe that I needed for a lineage. XD Whelp, maybe next year.

There was a 3G Yulebuck from Gold up on the Departures thread and I passed it up, thinking I only need one from Silvers. Moments later I'm naming one of my hatchies, starting with Yu- and name Yule's Gold pops up, and then I remember - I had a 3G Gold from Yules already on my scroll!! Of course the eggy in Departures was already gone (and I had already gotten myself egglocked anyway). 

Forgot we can still breed past Christmas dragons on actual Christmas day.  Thought, "Oh no!  I'd better breed the Solstice I need before it's too late!"  Forgot to take into account the time of day and bred the wrong color wings.

Trying to think of a name for my Holly. Thought of the perfect name. Of course it was taken. So I tried it with an extra space. Nope. Two extra spaces? Yup! But I was a bit miffed because it was my Holly and I wanted it to be perfect so I decided to take a look at the dragon with my perfect name. Took a look. Dragon is on my scroll. Duh moment. Switched the names so my Holly has the one with a single space. Happy now even if slightly embarrassed that I forgot I had the name.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/5NDDA

@Wiz I do that way too often, and feel so stupid every single time! I get many of my dragon names from stuff I see at work, and way too often I try to use a name only to find I already used it months ago. 

On 12/24/2017 at 3:07 PM, Wiz said:

Trying to think of a name for my Holly. Thought of the perfect name. Of course it was taken. So I tried it with an extra space. Nope. Two extra spaces? Yup! But I was a bit miffed because it was my Holly and I wanted it to be perfect so I decided to take a look at the dragon with my perfect name. Took a look. Dragon is on my scroll. Duh moment. Switched the names so my Holly has the one with a single space. Happy now even if slightly embarrassed that I forgot I had the name.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/5NDDA

Um, so yeah, I had this happen this morning.  Only I hadn't bothered to peek at the named dragon yet.   I figured it wasn't mine because it didn't have a prefix, which nearly all of my adults do.  I decided to go look after reading this post.

Yeah, so the dragon with the name was a frozen hatchling I owned from May of 2016.   No wonder it didn't sound familiar. :blush:  Problem solved. 

Edited by Terrafreaky
Spelling lol

Just bred when locked. I needed that 2nd gen Winter Magi. I'm gonna have to wait til next year for a checker now (unless I'm stupidly lucky and find one in the ap, the chances of which are stupidly slim...)

27 minutes ago, littleangelamy22 said:

Just bred when locked. I needed that 2nd gen Winter Magi. I'm gonna have to wait til next year for a checker now (unless I'm stupidly lucky and find one in the ap, the chances of which are stupidly slim...)

Maybe you can request in breeding threads/trades? It's not too late to breed so I'm sure there's some person out there who hasn't bred their Holidays yet! 

Stupid thing I did: not writing down somewhere my plans for any holiday lineages. I vaguely remember having promised someone a holiday mate to a dragon with the same lineage (but unrelated) - but only after I bred all my lineages to the AP. Now I'm searching through my PMs from months ago in order to apologize ...

16 hours ago, Wiz said:

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. And at least my duh moment helped, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! @Terrafreaky what name was it?

That is 100% true! :D It did help me.   I wanted to name my new CB Yulebuck Buck Freaky. I had to steal the name back from a frozen Canopy.  :P

Edited by Terrafreaky

I manage to do the same mistake again. I forgot to breed my Christmas dragons.

Was trying to catch CB Yules before I breed but I totally forgot about Dc being three hour ahead, mixed up

with another site timezone which is just two hours. 

Just bred my 3rd gen pink Thuwed and didn't realise my scroll was locked, until the egg was auto-abandoned. I hope somebody will take care of it ^^"

Stupid thing I almost did: caught an egg in the AP with only 6 hours left on it, only noticed the 6, and thought it had 6 days left. Thought it was a glitch that it appeared in the top left corner while the rest of the AP was down to 4 days 20 hours. Fortunately, I looked at it more closely 3 hours later and hustled it into a few nurseries. :blink:

Edited by LibbyLishly

Reading through all my old descriptions is currently making me regret my entire life.

Some of my facepalm moments...

Miss counted my slots, thought I had a spot for a breeding I had been trying to get specific results for and then bred and got what I wanted only to watch it go into AP..... “Noooooo!” (Channeled Luke Skywalker scene from The Empire Strikes Back).

Not figuring out right away I was getting viewbombed on Dec 17 when the CB I just got died the same day. Didn’t get it till next day something was a miss. 

Using “earthquake” not once but multiple times in an attempt to make it work... and getting all the eggs killed again and again. I have learned “to just say no to” earthquake.

Forgetting about the impending Holiday drop and being egg bound with no way to speed up hatching and all eggs in my spots with ones I needed too! Oh that was a nerve wrecking holiday event. Also missed a bunch of holiday events when I first started playing. Oh the regrets. 

Loosing my account information in a combo computer meltdown and being sidetracked by real life from sometime in 2011 till 2016 so I didn’t realize I was gone so long, took me forever to figure out my account info when I thought Oh I wonder what is going on in DC, I got lucky with DC and figured it out after lots of trying but not so much with another game :(. Side effect of being gone, missed dragons, lots of catching up to do, and Frills could not be bred when I first returned. 

Edited by maratrekkan

Abandoning rare dragons for room for an egg that I want to breed...

...And then either no egg produced, or the egg is the wrong species.

Grabbed wildly at a Holly hatchie in the AP, only to belatedly realise that the Holiday wall fell hours ago and it was in the wrong place.  Ah well, Reds always have a welcome on my scroll!  :rolleyes::lol:

Tried hunting for CBs in the AP when they're still from the days of Xmas eggs only and everything normal was bred.

Edited by Shadowdrake

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Tried hunting for CBs in the AP when they're still from the days of Xmas eggs only and everything normal was bred.

Oh. *Now* I know what I did wrong :lol:

1. Filter my dragons by "Ungrouped" to add the ungrouped ones to groups

2. Page takes forever to load, so I go to a different browser window/tab and do something else

3. Come back to the dragons page

4. "Huh, this page looks weird, I better refresh it", press F5

5. Realize it just looked weird because it was the "Ungrouped" view, mentally headdesk and facepalm

6. Goto 2

I keep doing this. :blink:

Welp, I accidentally sent a 2g prize straight to the AP because I forgot I was egg locked and it has a very cool code 😂 whoever catches it is going to be in one heck of a surprise

have been having such a good time catching CBs and lovely lineages in the abandoned AFTER acquiring all 7 pairs of the older CB  holiday releases :D

it make take days to put these lovelies in order ..

what a great problem ....  despite the chaos awaiting me  :wacko:

I've been trying to name some of my dragons with more than just codes mixed with night just today and in the process of looking at lineages... oh, the things I froze... Ah, that is what happens when you learn about things too late... sure, I am not a lineage person, but now that I have a better grasp of just how complex this game can get, I feel bad for freezing some nice lineages when I have an adult messy that could easily have taken its place. 

I am such a forgetful idiot.  I was gutted not to unlock my Baikala zombies at halloween after trying like crazy to collect my own without much success.  I was in the middle of a long, hard slog when I read a post on tiny little questions that reminded someone that they could click on existing ones again after a month.

My Baikalas are now unlocked.  To say I feel such an idiot is an understatement...