wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I can't remember my epic fails from the past at the moment, but I had one recently. Abandoned fresh caught blue Zyu because it had messy lineage, now I can't find any blue Zyu.

I need 2G Winter x Aegis for my 2G Aegis because I didn't think about breeding one last year after holiday event. I bred this pair a few days ago to had one 2G, but I forgot that there's still autumn until 20 December, so now I have a nice 2G autumn hatchie and I won't made a mate for my Aegis until next year, because winters seasonal appear after holiday event start 25_tuzki_emoticon_by_allsmileys-d719bhp.gif.d44cbf357e603291139b24369254aa1a.gif 

Goodbye my 3G Aegis checker this christmas 26_tuzki_emoticon_by_allsmileys-d719bl5.gif.49906ff7b309d4029653fa3a131b6f7e.gif  

10 minutes ago, biruko said:

I need 2G Winter x Aegis for my 2G Aegis because I didn't think about breeding one last year after holiday event. I bred this pair a few days ago to had one 2G, but I forgot that there's still autumn until 20 December, so now I have a nice 2G autumn hatchie and I won't made a mate for my Aegis until next year, because winters seasonal appear after holiday event start 25_tuzki_emoticon_by_allsmileys-d719bhp.gif.d44cbf357e603291139b24369254aa1a.gif 

Goodbye my 3G Aegis checker this christmas 26_tuzki_emoticon_by_allsmileys-d719bl5.gif.49906ff7b309d4029653fa3a131b6f7e.gif  

I have the same problem with him - and every damn year I forget about him until mid-November.  :s

I made a note to remind me to stop using my Incubates two weeks before Holiday breeding ... but the day I wrote it on was only one week away. I should've stopped using Incubate days ago ....

Silly me !!!  Expecting there to be something other than Olives in the AP >>>>>> for the last 4 hours !!!!!\\  Enough already ...please.

On 12/11/2017 at 1:51 AM, orphaned said:

Silly me !!!  Expecting there to be something other than Olives in the AP >>>>>> for the last 4 hours !!!!!\\  Enough already ...please.

The 24 hour penalty for fails is too harsh or I'd use my Vamp army to take care of that problem.

As for what I've done- stop not sorting things for months, me. It takes forever to clean up the scroll afterwards.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:59 AM, biruko said:

I'll join your and Amazon's pity party--I had a 2g Mistle from Spring that I TOTALLY FORGOT to breed a mate for this year! Dx

I don't know why I even grab Holidays every year (in general), because I don't even try to find mates for them or Breed them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Accidentally killed an egg while my roommate had be distracted with a game he needed a LOT of help with.

Thought I was naming something, realized too late that auto-filling my code to hasten the process had just murdered the dorsal egg I'd worked so hard to get. ; x;

2 minutes ago, Seahorse said:

Left it this late to start trying to organise trades for my CB holidays!

Ditto. -_-

Hatched a Zyu egg without it getting sick (a rarity for me), so I thought it'd be okay, and left the house for a few hours. Came back and the hatchie was sick.

my beloved blue LH died !!!  the only other death due to sickness was when I started in May 2014 !!!  but that was all my fault as a newbie !!

since then am usually scrollbound and overly attentive ... 

it was not view bombed ..  but as if some tinkering was going on

the times seem to be off .. as now have 5 sickies at one time ... grrrrr

With the Holidays coming up in a few days, the person I owed something to can't take the egg. Now I have to trade it off, and catch another one for the person who can't take it. Technically it's my own damn fault. I should have realized.

I misclicked on a non-holiday egg, tried to kill it via sickness, then got cold feet and warded it. I don't know why I'm trying to save it, I need room and it's likely to die in the AP any way. But I'm seriously considering keeping it now, if it survives...

Trying to get all 18 CB Holidays I am missing as Z Codes was probably the stupidest thing I could have done right about now. At this rate I'll never get them, even as non-Zs because I'm holding out. XD

2 hours ago, Ariento said:

I misclicked on a non-holiday egg, tried to kill it via sickness, then got cold feet and warded it. I don't know why I'm trying to save it, I need room and it's likely to die in the AP any way. But I'm seriously considering keeping it now, if it survives...

If you kill the egg though, it will take up an egg-slot for a further 24 hours after it dies. Much better to toss it to the AP - then you will have your egg-slot free instantly!

7 minutes ago, Seahorse said:

If you kill the egg though, it will take up an egg-slot for a further 24 hours after it dies. Much better to toss it to the AP - then you will have your egg-slot free instantly!

I thought it didn't take the 24-hour slot if it was sickness? And it was from the cave, so 5 hour wait.

1 hour ago, Ariento said:

I thought it didn't take the 24-hour slot if it was sickness? And it was from the cave, so 5 hour wait.

You're right, eggs that die from sickness or running out of time, don't take up an egg slot. Only "manually" killed eggs (using 'Kill' or 'Bite') take up a slot for 24 hours.

Hid my scroll for the first time ever, due to the viewbombing epidemic.
Forgot I did it.
Went to put my eggs in a hatch site.

Got the message "Kelkelen does not have any live eggs or hatchlings on their scroll."

Had a PANIC that they had all somehow died in the half a second since I'd last seen them on my scroll...

...then remembered that my scroll was hidden, and maybe that had something to do with it.

Durr!