Jump to content
wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Recommended Posts

Adding on: Yep, more stupidity from me XD

I accidentally viewbombed a cb silver that had 1 hour left because I thought I was helping... my heartfelt apologies to whoever owned that silver. Hope it pulled through. XD (I was new, don't get mad at me D: )

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot about Ward after being viewbombed.

 

By the time someone had reminded me I had lost 4 eggs. I fogged at once - too late; they died in the fog...but ward saved the other three.

Share this post


Link to post

So, I don't know if I can post this here but here I go:

 

I have migraines. Around these days last year was a nightmare for me.

 

The week or the two weeks the Halloween stuff was around, I mean this year, I really pushed myself to the limit. You know, first week Cave hunting and second week AP hunting.

 

My main problem is I need to sleep properly to stay "in control" so I had kind of a bad time during those two weeks.

 

Anyway, that's the dumbest, stupidest thing I've done around here. Good thing Holiday events don't last very long xP

Share this post


Link to post

Accidentally influenced a checker mate for a Halloween dragon wrong, and didn't notice until it grew up *sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

So, I don't know if I can post this here but here I go:

 

I have migraines. Around these days last year was a nightmare for me.

 

The week or the two weeks the Halloween stuff was around, I mean this year, I really pushed myself to the limit. You know, first week Cave hunting and second week AP hunting.

 

My main problem is I need to sleep properly to stay "in control" so I had kind of a bad time during those two weeks.

 

Anyway, that's the dumbest, stupidest thing I've done around here. Good thing Holiday events don't last very long xP

 

 

I know what you mean. O.O... I love the Holiday Events, but they can really be bad for my health... The accursed double edged sword!!!! T-T

Share this post


Link to post

I do this every day, but I browse through the cave all the time when egglocked and can never pick up the rares I see. I get sad when I get the "overburdened" message meaning I would've gotten the egg had I not been egglocked. I still do it to practice my reflexes for when I'm able to catch eggs though. XD 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, innate said:

(...) I still do it to practice my reflexes for when I'm able to catch eggs though. XD

 

This. I don't have much free time now, so I browse biomes and AP only when actually hunting. And yesterday I missed CB Chrono Xeno because I stare at the egg for two seconds before click. :( And there were only 3 people in the Forest... (Well, at least I caught a Seasonal.)

Edited by Anemonis

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't know that we could customize the code of our prize dragons when we won them. So I did not.

 

It sucks because his name would have made the perfect code. Silas. ;;;

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Wolfsong442 said:

I didn't know that we could customize the code of our prize dragons when we won them. So I did not.

 

It sucks because his name would have made the perfect code. Silas. ;;;

No longer - that was only for the christmas raffles, never for the monthly ones. So you can't "correct" this by winning another one :(

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post

I was going to freeze a misgendered sunrise I found on the ap.  Ended up abandoning and went to the ap to look for a new egg and saw the hatchling and thought "wow, Someone's getting a buch of misgendered hatchlings".

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

No longer - that was only for the christmas raffles, never for the monthly ones. So you can't "correct" this by winning another one :(

Except their baby is from 2013, so I think they could have. :(

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Except their baby is from 2013, so I think they could have. :(

I realized that - but their regret comes at a time when this can't be fixed by winning another one :(

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I realized that - but their regret comes at a time when this can't be fixed by winning another one :(

Oh, my bad then.  I didn't get that from their post-only that they didn't know when they won.

Share this post


Link to post

No idea about that. I think my one of first silver Shimmers was a Silas-descendent?

 

To stay on topic:

My most recent stupid thing was this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/djSi0

Accidentally bred him to the mother of the one I wanted to mate him with. My Vampire was hungry.

Share this post


Link to post

Clicked a notification for the forums and it ruined a message I was writing. A huge message. I don't feel like writing it again... :(

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot the action log was a thing, kept refreshing a dragon's actions page because I didn't know what time he came off of breeding cooldown.

Share this post


Link to post

I only have one CB breeding set of each Copper variant. I've never needed more. Well, I decided to breed one of my new 2G Shimmers with my CB male Green Copper without fertility. 

 

...they refused.

 

So now I'm desperately trying to trade for a CB Copper, but I have basically nothing to offer.

Share this post


Link to post

Earlier today I bred some holiday mates that I need for Christmas. Mostly it went well, but somehow I spaced out and bred one of my wrapping-wings to the wrong mate. I needed an almerald from him and I bred him to a gemshard. Not a huge thing, and I can re-breed with the right mate next week, but with so few weeks till Christmas it's annoying to make such a preventable mistake.

Share this post


Link to post

I froze the wrong hatchling. Please PM me if you have this little guy up for trading, I'll offer you eggs/hatchies in return:

Dark_Green_alt_hatchi.gif

Share this post


Link to post

I just accidentally influenced my CB green copper egg wrong D': And I've been looking for a CB green copper for ages (so I could continue a lineage). I really feel like crying right now >.<

 

Edit; Thank you borth for you help! I'll use the thread if this happens again (didn't know of its existance earlier).

Still a pretty stupid thing that happend, so I'll leave it be ^^

Edited by Heinips

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Heinips said:

I just accidentally influenced my CB green copper egg wrong D': And I've been looking for a CB green copper for ages (so I could continue a lineage). I really feel like crying right now >.<

You can send it to someone else, get it back, and influence it correctly! There's actually a thread just for that purpose.

 

 

Edited by The Dragoness

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

You can send it to someone else, get it back, and influence it correctly! There's actually a thread just for that purpose.

 

 

I offered my assistance, then forgot to suggest meeting me in IRC for quicker support in this manner.

Share this post


Link to post

Eh, not terribly stupid, but I really should have woken up more before scouring the biomes. I've been trying to get an Albino from the Forest for quite some time now, and so when in the Alpine I just clicked on the egg with the description by reflex. In turn I am now egg locked for five hours. Oi. 

Share this post


Link to post

Until Precognition is viewable outside of the Action Log, I will refrain from using it and instead Influence everything on my scroll. I used Precognition, but forgot what something was until it was too late. That's 4 days of my time and an egg/hatchie slot wasted on a Misgendering. :dry:

Share this post


Link to post


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.