wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I'm totally out of male influences, so now I can only pick stuff up from the AP that needs to be female ):

Edited by bonvoyage

"Okay so have to get rid of this ungendered hatchling now, do I freeze or abandon? I only have 3 freezes left and want to freeze more gendered ones, so I should stop freezing random ungendered ones. I have an idea for naming an ungendered one, but I can get more of those next year, so I should just abandon this one. ... But I'll probably forget my naming idea until next year, so... I'll do it now anyway."

*freezes hatchling*

... And the name is already taken.  :P

Going through the halloween hatchie wall flash-freezies and realizing that I froze two hatchlings which I meant to re-abandon

Explains why I ran out of freezes so suddenly but it's definitely too late now :(

Edited by Yhme

after years of finally arranging a trade, i was not a super genius when i influenced these two. i think i looked at the common mate instead of the shadow walker parent, for some reason. :/

Noticed I wasn't egg-locked anymore so bred something I wanted to keep. Didn't notice however that my last egg hatching just made me hatchie-locked instead, so off the the AP it went. Sigh.

Just now realized I totally forgot to freeze a messy female Witchlight. (She's all grown up & totally useless to me as she is.) Now I'll have to wait a freakin' year to complete my frozen hatchie set for Witchlights. :(

I don't know if its stupid, or just naive. I was hunting for rares for 2 weeks before Halloween, to get IOUs for Omen hatchies.
Traded rares, didnt get the hatchies, eh :( 

11 hours ago, Ellenai said:

I don't know if its stupid, or just naive. I was hunting for rares for 2 weeks before Halloween, to get IOUs for Omen hatchies.
Traded rares, didnt get the hatchies, eh :( 

I'm sorry to hear that. Trade scams really, really suck. IOUs are so risky these days...

I didn't breed for myself at all during Halloween. I wish I had more 2G Witchlights and Caligenes, but I guess I'll have to wait until next year.

I didn't realize how pretty THIS was until 5 seconds ago... I wish I traded for Offspring from the pairing. :(

FuREXUg.png

Was in the AP yesterday trying to catch some rares. Since the wall of Halloween eggs and hatchlings are gone at this point, I didn't expect to see any. That's when a random Marrow hatchling popped out of nowhere and it took me a few seconds to realize what it was.

Needless to say, I didn't catch it.

Accepted an IOU from a user I didnt know. Got ripped off.

Just a nice reminder as to why I stopped taking IOU's in the first place. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

Just a nice reminder as to why I stopped taking IOU's in the first place. :rolleyes:

Been there!

Edited by pixiezbite

7 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Trade scams really, really suck. IOUs are so risky these days...

I didn't breed for myself at all during Halloween. I wish I had more 2G Witchlights and Caligenes, but I guess I'll have to wait until next year.

I know :( First time it  happened to me. The worse thing is I can see that one of the players is trading in trading topics. And just keep ignoring my messages.. 
And there is always not enough time to breed everything we want :) I wish I had more of my lineages.

1 hour ago, Tiki G said:

Same here! Guess its time to change my sig. 

Edited by Ellenai

In the process of building a mate for one of my long-gen holidays, someone earlier this year gave me two eggs I wouldn't have been able to breed on my own. Those two were supposed to be mates, but either I forgot to influence one or I influenced it wrong, because they're both female. I was inactive for months after that, so I didn't notice until recently.

Forgot to freeze messy Halloween hatchling and now have a messy adult I need to release

Thought for a moment "huh, this must be a new pair, something feels off about the mate's name" before clicking "breed" next to the dragon at the top of a the mate list...

Of course the real mate of the dragon I was breeding is on cooldown and I bred him to a random dragon of a different lineage and generation instead. And of course this breeding produces an egg after the previous three did not. :dry:

-Taking 5 days to realize that what I thought was a future Halloween mate for somebody was a genderswap instead.  Derp.

:(I found a thread that I was really enjoying about funny names ... and now I still cannot find it !!  :angry:

so ... after an hour of fruitless searching >> am saying it here.

sometimes the dragon descriptions lead to name creation  (they are often are so funny and clever )

like the one for the Hellfire Wyvern ... which lead me to the name >>> WinnerWinner People Dinner

• Humans are common prey since they live in large groups and it can be easy to pick off a clawful of stragglers.

4 minutes ago, orphaned said:

:(I found a thread that I was really enjoying about funny names ... and now I still cannot find it !!  :angry:

so ... after an hour of fruitless searching >> am saying it here.

sometimes the dragon descriptions lead to name creation  (they are often are so funny and clever )

like the one for the Hellfire Wyvern ... which lead me to the name >>> WinnerWinner People Dinner

• Humans are common prey since they live in large groups and it can be easy to pick off a clawful of stragglers.

Is it maybe this thread?

:lol:

yes ...I think so ...

sorry it took so long to answer but I was pouting !!!  lol

((( thank you so much )))

I am coming back from a very long hiatus and keep forgetting about my eggs and they are all dying!

I added a bunch of ER eggs to hatcheries, planning to influence them before they started hatching...and walked away. 3/5 misgendered according to precognition. At least they were just mates for my Holiday checkers :/