wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

On 10/14/2017 at 7:14 AM, MagnusMango said:

When you kill the wrong egg and annihilate someone else's baby from the AP.

RIP egg, you were not meant to die. 

I don't know why, but you using the word "annihilate" in that made me chuckle... XD

My stupid thing: Offering a Hatchie on an egg when I was egg-locked. I don't do that, because I know I hate it when people offer on my trades while locked. =S

Bred a pair while egg-locked just to see if they were compatible. One was a Ridgewing, so of course they'd give a tan which has just been thrown into the AP...

16 hours ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I don't know why, but you using the word "annihilate" in that made me chuckle... XD

My stupid thing: Offering a Hatchie on an egg when I was egg-locked. I don't do that, because I know I hate it when people offer on my trades while locked. =S

Well! What else would you call it? Haha it looks like I took my palm and ANNIHILATED the egg 

Noticed this in my action log. Way to waste an influence there, me :rolleyes:

fail.jpg.25a0dd061cb8ef135bd89a8ec24b1a6e.jpg

"Huh well I'm egglocked but I'll breed this pair anyways, they almost never breed the xenowryms I'm looking for."

The two dragons breed to produce an egg. Oh look it's the pair's very first mageia xenowyrm egg! 

"so you decide to abandon it."

Ah, right. Well that's not what I expected. :dry:

I quit playing a few years back. At the time I didn't have medication that helps with my now diagnosed quite powerful anxiety issues. I heard that the way dragons being released was going to change and I had a panic attack and flipped my lid and vowed to never return.

I can't hold a job due to my issues currently so I've come back because I've seen how many new dragons there are to collect! The game was always really fun for me even if it could be frustrating at times.

Forgot to take a Sunset egg out of auto-ER-ing hatcheries before I went to sleep. I did put ward on it because I knew it would become ER shortly before midnight (which is when Sunsets can hatch in my timezone) and somehow I thought that was all I could do... but it had a big hole and it really didn't need to be in EATW anymore. Now I have a very sick Sunset hatchling, and of course ward has worn off hours ago. :(  Please don't die.  :(  (It was a gift with a special code, so, not really replaceable...)

Edit:

It survived. :)  (For those interested in stats: it was at 6d 17h with 5535 OV / 677 UV / 2 Clicks when I first saw it this morning. It's now at 6d 13h and not sick anymore. Same number of views of course, I'm keeping this baby hidden for a while...)

Edited by Confused Cat

I've been inactive on DC for a while, and only lightly active for a longer while, just enough to catch eggs when there was a new release, but not enough to name or sort them. Now I'm back for Halloween, and the lack of names on 80+ dragons is making it hard to pick mates and assess what I have and don't have. I sorted well over 100 of them the other day. Idiot me, being gone so long.

I've been overly cautious saving freezes for Halloween and I've wasted a lot of time I could have been freezing regular things. I need a different strategy for Christmas.

I can't help it, I pick up seasonal dragons from the cave and AP whenever I see them and now I'm egg locked for 2 days, and there's not a single egg I'm willing to part with.
:dry:

I was reserving human bone names in Latin for the upcoming Halloween dragons and was stunned to see some of the obscure ones taken. Later checked my CB Halloweens from last years and yes, of course it was I who had taken them. Silly me!

I keep accidentally grabbing fun eggs when I know I shouldn't because Halloween. Just got a CB seasonal, and I didn't even want it, just reflex clicked the little thing!

On 10/21/2017 at 1:01 PM, Amberfly said:

I've been inactive on DC for a while, and only lightly active for a longer while, just enough to catch eggs when there was a new release, but not enough to name or sort them. Now I'm back for Halloween, and the lack of names on 80+ dragons is making it hard to pick mates and assess what I have and don't have. I sorted well over 100 of them the other day. Idiot me, being gone so long.

I relate so much! I've been fairly inactive lately, hopping on to pick up the occasional egg and enter the raffle (to what end? :p) but little more. Just went through my scroll and named like 30+ dragons. The fact I specifically collect singular, real word names made the process so arduous. Ended up settling for a bunch of 'second tier' names just to get the whole ordeal over with sooner. XD

Edited by Varekis

I stocked up on BSAs for Halloween...and just realized that all 21 hatchlings won't grow up for another day. I was really looking forward to completing some IOUs right away, but I guess they'll have to wait :/

I prepared two Black Marrow - Electric pairs and six Cavern Lurker - Ember pairs for breeding. It was 6:00 am in my time zone, I was still a little sleepy. I intended to breed all except one CL-Ember pair, and keep one egg of each. I opened all the Halloween dragons in new tabs, find mates, and in one moment I start breeding. Click, next tab, click... 4 eggs from first BM-Electric pair, 2 from second BM-Electric, 3 from first CL-Ember and all the other auto-abandoned because I was suddenly egglocked. OK, I still can have egg from the last pair, I just need to pick one egg from each clutch. The tabs were still open, so click to pick one of four, next tab - click, next tab - click, and then breed. Auto-abandoned, because the pick wanted password confirmation! Well, I guess I should have returned to dragcave sooner, so that I would now breed rather than catch and know this perks of multi-clutch breeding.

Edited by Anemonis

Had a messy blue zyumorph hatchling I was planning to freeze, but I put it off because I wanted an s2 and it wouldn't gender. I was away all day today and forgot to fog it, so it grew up.

I should never be allowed to do anything on DC before I have had at least one cup of tea - I managed to influence one of mah preciouses wrong.  :s

ETA:  A lovely person helped me fix it, though!  <3 :D

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Forgot to breed/obtain a bunch of mates for last year's Halloween haul. Not a huge concern since I'll be filling my scroll with CBs, but man, I had twelve months to do it. alot

My first Halloween, I was still a newbie and didn't realize how into lineages I was going to be. I filled up my four egg slots with Shadow Walkers, them FROZE ONE OF THE HATCHIES. Thank goodness I'm finally able to remedy that terrible mistake thanks to the new Halloween biome.

1 hour ago, LibbyLishly said:

My first Halloween, I was still a newbie and didn't realize how into lineages I was going to be. I filled up my four egg slots with Shadow Walkers, them FROZE ONE OF THE HATCHIES. Thank goodness I'm finally able to remedy that terrible mistake thanks to the new Halloween biome.

I stupidly froze my *only* CB Pumpkin when they first dropped (can't remember now why I only got one?). I've regretted it ever since. So happy for the new Halloween biome!

2 hours ago, Marie19R said:

I stupidly froze my *only* CB Pumpkin when they first dropped (can't remember now why I only got one?). I've regretted it ever since. So happy for the new Halloween biome!

I've read a lot of horrible things on this thread, but this one almost physically hurt me. :ph34r: 

I pretty much gave up on the vast majority of the Halloween lineages I've been working on over the years, & only just now remembered that I have enough components to build a 6th gen, non-inbred silver x cavern lurker checker. I might be able to breed the lurkers required for that project & have them hatch by the time the new 'Weenies drop, but boy, it's going to be a tight squeeze...

Not setting up a few trades ahead of time.   I just made a trade for some CB rereleases later, but there's some lineaged things that I may not get bloodswaps for.  My bad.

I'm probably the only doofus here who's still sticking to lineage plans instead of jumping at the CBs.

17 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm probably the only doofus here who's still sticking to lineage plans instead of jumping at the CBs.

Nope! ;)  But it's hard to resist the lil tykes (in my case it's the lure of CB 'weenies with nice codes!)